Binge Watching favorites (TV)

Virginia

Finishing "Breaking Bad" a few months ago left a gaping void in my life...I got the box set of "The Wire" because of how everyone raves about it, and it really is brilliant.

Before that it was "The Sopranos" and "Six Feet Under" and "The West Wing". And "Frasier" and "The Simpsons", obviously.

Got to admit, these last few years (what am I saying? last fifteen years) all the best TV has been American. "Sherlock" is great though, I recommend it. Unfortunately, though, it's the usual British thing where there are one or two writers instead of a team, so we make three episodes at a time instead of 13 or 24.

"Do Shut Up is England's longest running sitcom. And tonight we're showing... all seven episodes!" - The Simpsons.

(I just Googled to find that quote and stumbled across another one with reminds me of Zeppelin. Country singer Rachel Jordan explaining what happened to her band: 'They switched from Christian music to regular pop. All you do is change "Jesus" to "baby".)

I did have a bit of a binge on "Porridge" when they were all repeated on Sky recently. Classic stuff. A whole 22 episodes (if you count the Xmas specials)!

Edited by scylla

Hi Virginia!

You know how much I love NCIS (The original) . That is the one show that I can watch back to back episodes for hours..and I have Dish with hundreds of channels. I watched the Tudors when it was on and bought the DVD's but I have not sat down to watch them in a while. I can tell you if The Blacklist and Elementary stay on for years and they do marathons of those you can add them to my list :yesnod:

^^reswati, the Walking Dead is filmed about ten minutes from the hotel I work for..what a following that show has! I have never watched it. :peace:

Deb and everyone; I just saw this; Netflix has just acquired the Blacklist for streaming! It doesn't appear to be available yet, though:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/28/netflix-acquires-the-blacklist-for-2-million-per-episode/

• 2 weeks later...

In the past few months, I binged on a lot of my classic sitcom favorites--Bewitched, Sanford and Son, Get Smart, plus my usual doses of the Three Stooges and watching both seasons of the old Abbott and Costello tv show.

It's left me to wonder what I should dive into next--I was thinking, it's been awhile since I binged on Frasier, maybe that will be my next thing to do in the coming months...

I've been watching Frasier recently non-stop on netflix. I was too young to catch most of it when it aired live but what from what I remembered it was a great show, I wasn't mistaken. Can't get enough! Unfortunately I'm on the home stretch now (season 10), life just isn't gonna be thje same once I've finished it.

I've been watching Frasier recently non-stop on netflix. I was too young to catch most of it when it aired live but what from what I remembered it was a great show, I wasn't mistaken. Can't get enough! Unfortunately I'm on the home stretch now (season 10), life just isn't gonna be thje same once I've finished it.

One of the funniest tv episodes ever was the one at Frasier's son's Bar Mitzvah! That was such a great show!

• 5 months later...

Anyone else watch House of Cards? I just went through both seasons over the last 2-3 weeks and just finished; I really liked it. Ready for a new series now; I think I'm going to try Sherlock next.

Friends is now on Netflix too, although I caught all of those the first time around.

It looks to be a good weekend for binge watching; more snow coming Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

American Horror Story: Asylum.We did not even know a second series/season had been made, so now we have some catching up to do, this and two more series/seasons.

Edited by JTM

American Horror Story: Asylum.We did not even know a second series/season had been made, so now we have some catching up to do, this and two more series/seasons.

We just finished watching the first 3 seasons on DVD, while the 4th season was wrapping up on t.v. What an amazing show that is! We watched seasons 1&2 over the holiday break and then needed a rest - it wears you out! Just finished season 3 (Coven), which might be my favorite. Now we'll have to pick up season 4 (Freak Show) and watch it again. Seasons 2&4 intertwine a bit - which makes for even greater watching. This is the most well written series I have seen in sometime and the acting is equally sensational!

We just finished watching the first 3 seasons on DVD, while the 4th season was wrapping up on t.v. What an amazing show that is! We watched seasons 1&2 over the holiday break and then needed a rest - it wears you out! Just finished season 3 (Coven), which might be my favorite. Now we'll have to pick up season 4 (Freak Show) and watch it again. Seasons 2&4 intertwine a bit - which makes for even greater watching. This is the most well written series I have seen in sometime and the acting is equally sensational!

I feel season 3 was the strongest thus far. Season 4 had some great potential but IMO they completely dropped the ball on several plot lines.

The wife and I are currently watching House of Cards new season on Netflix. They release the full season all at once so we are watching it over the course of this week. Up to episode 8 of 13 and things are really getting interesting. I believe this is one of the best shows on TV, both past and present and according to actual congress people, the show is chillingly spot on in regards to the inner machinations of the beltway.

I feel season 3 was the strongest thus far. Season 4 had some great potential but IMO they completely dropped the ball on several plot lines.

The wife and I are currently watching House of Cards new season on Netflix. They release the full season all at once so we are watching it over the course of this week. Up to episode 8 of 13 and things are really getting interesting. I believe this is one of the best shows on TV, both past and present and according to actual congress people, the show is chillingly spot on in regards to the inner machinations of the beltway.

I just finished; have to say I have mixed feelings on the ending though.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought of this thread immediately after I started binge watching episodes of the following show:

enthus.jpg

This comedy show is so damn politically incorrect that it is most certainly not for the faint-hearted! :hysterical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NeqZOce1fE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SSOTm0hEDQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppt-Bnhn5Ow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gqS3QEoF0U

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

I've been watching Frasier; still in season 1. One of the funniest (US) shows ever; I can't believe it premiered in '93! My oldest is watching Friends and is really enjoying it. Also, it's not a binge because it's a new series, but is anyone else watching "Dig" on USA?

I binge watch every episode of Gerry Anderson's UFO every year. Brilliant and controversial series from my childhood. I spent years wanting to watch it again, now I have the DVD box sets.

I binge watch every episode of Gerry Anderson's UFO every year. Brilliant and controversial series from my childhood. I spent years wanting to watch it again, now I have the DVD box sets.

Controversial, how do you work that one out ? I've seen every episode, being a huge Gerry Anderson fan, I can't recall anything even remotely controversial about UFO.