Jimmy Page Vs Robbie Williams

apantherfrommd

6 minutes ago, Raj24 said:

Looks like RW has sold all his properties. Would be interested to know if he has sold the house next to the Tower House in Holland Park. Jimmy will be mighty pleased.

Robbie Williams has revealed that he currently doesn’t “live anywhere” after selling all his properties.

The singer said that he and his wife Ayda Field, whom he’s been married to for 11 years, “haven’t got an abode right now” during a radio interview.

“We’re actually nowhere,” he told Australian DJs Kyle and Jackie O, adding: “We’ve pretty much sold everywhere.”

Cunt. Hasn't got an abode? So he's homeless, like the people who doss down in shop door ways? Fuck off Williams and take your homeless family with you. Oh by the way, there's a homeless drop in Centre in town if you need it? They give you free soup and bread. Assuming of course you're not Gluten intolerant?

5 minutes ago, Cookie0024 said:

Bizarre - on March 1 it was reported that he had begun work on his basement extension https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10564523/EXC-Robbie-Williams-begins-work-super-basement-17-5m-London-mansion.html

As he "needs" to have so many homes, maybe he forgot he owned it?

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

As he "needs" to have so many homes, maybe he forgot he owned it?

I am sure the contractor will figure it out when payment is not forthcoming from Mr. Williams. Or, Robbie is simply a lying rat-bastard, no talent shit-hell of the lowest order.

11 hours ago, Cookie0024 said:

Bizarre - on March 1 it was reported that he had begun work on his basement extension https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10564523/EXC-Robbie-Williams-begins-work-super-basement-17-5m-London-mansion.html

Yes, I doubt very much he sold that home as I haven't seen it listed on the market anywhere. If he did sell then it must have been a private transaction.

I gotta admit, I had NO idea who Robbie Williams was other other than a British pop star that was feuding with Page.  No one in my office had even heard of the bloke (we're all Yanks).  Two weeks ago I was watching a YouTube video of Justin Hawkins reviewing his favorite Queen album "Jazz", and during the review he mentioned he thought the song on the album "Let Me Entertain You" might have been the original song that was covered by Robbie Williams.  Since I also like that Queen song, I decided to see what Robbie Williams' version of the song sounded like.  I clicked on the first version of the song that popped up (Live at Knebworth) and I was floored.

No, it wasn't the same song that Queen did (although heavily inspired by it).  But to see that Robbie Williams was able to do THREE concerts to 250,000 people each of those shows is pretty phenomenal.  And the crowd reaction from front of the stage all the way to the back is unparalleled.

Is he a great singer?  No, but the dude can sing.  Do I enjoy his songs?  Only found one that I thought was worth a second listen.

You have to admit he is an incredible entertainer.  And seeing him interviewed on the "Graham Norton" he is funny and pretty down to earth. 

Sorry, but like him!

Robbie did play three shows at Knebworth, but to 125000 each night. Oasis also played two shows there with the same attendance. Both outselling Zeppelin. Although they were the first to play two shows there, the second didn’t sell out and was probably only half capacity. 

a fella on Facebook recently claimed he was at the second Knebworth and that there was 200000 there. He was upset when I said that wasn’t so. I don’t like to piss on peoples chips, but the truth is what it is

15 hours ago, jsj said:

Robbie did play three shows at Knebworth, but to 125000 each night. Oasis also played two shows there with the same attendance. Both outselling Zeppelin. Although they were the first to play two shows there, the second didn’t sell out and was probably only half capacity. 

a fella on Facebook recently claimed he was at the second Knebworth and that there was 200000 there. He was upset when I said that wasn’t so. I don’t like to piss on peoples chips, but the truth is what it is

We really cannot compare audience / crowd sizes from most past events to current events. These days people go to concerts at the drop of a hat, it's no big deal. Back in the day going to a concert was an event for most, an event they had to save up for, plan, make arrangements etc. so those numbers will generally be lower compared to today. However some festivals I would exclude as even past number such as Woodstock, the free shows in Central Park, and that one ginormo festival concert in South America back in 1997 (Rod Stewart headlined) that had somewhere around3.5 million people. That was a free concert at the Copacabana Beach in Brazil. I would sure hate to have to use the loo at that show!!! And the ladies, OYE! I believe a diaper would have been required.

On 3/14/2022 at 1:55 PM, Stryder1978 said:

I gotta admit, I had NO idea who Robbie Williams was other other than a British pop star that was feuding with Page.  No one in my office had even heard of the bloke (we're all Yanks).  Two weeks ago I was watching a YouTube video of Justin Hawkins reviewing his favorite Queen album "Jazz", and during the review he mentioned he thought the song on the album "Let Me Entertain You" might have been the original song that was covered by Robbie Williams.  Since I also like that Queen song, I decided to see what Robbie Williams' version of the song sounded like.  I clicked on the first version of the song that popped up (Live at Knebworth) and I was floored.

No, it wasn't the same song that Queen did (although heavily inspired by it).  But to see that Robbie Williams was able to do THREE concerts to 250,000 people each of those shows is pretty phenomenal.  And the crowd reaction from front of the stage all the way to the back is unparalleled.

Is he a great singer?  No, but the dude can sing.  Do I enjoy his songs?  Only found one that I thought was worth a second listen.

You have to admit he is an incredible entertainer.  And seeing him interviewed on the "Graham Norton" he is funny and pretty down to earth. 

Sorry, but like him!

I understand having to sync up vocals with the performance, but that seems like he is lip singing. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JTM said:

have around 300 acres  in new england, been here all my life, if i had to put up with this bullshit on my property about af# king. dead tree I would lose my shit! how can anyone live like that? pay your taxes, Do what thou wilt

On 3/15/2022 at 9:54 PM, reids said:

Glad the judge (barrister) in England didn’t force Robbie Williams and JP to performing together as a means for ending their ongoing feud. That would have been crazy.

R😎

The Judge isn't a Barrister. A Barrister is a Lawyer. A Judge is errrr a Judge

20 hours ago, custard pie man said:

have around 300 acres  in new england, been here all my life, if i had to put up with this bullshit on my property about af# king. dead tree I would lose my shit! how can anyone live like that? pay your taxes, Do what thou wilt

Unfortunately you may find the cunt Williams more than likely doesn't pay his UK taxes. Like many people of his ilk, he basis himself in somewhere like Monaco with his glitzy wife and his kids, Tinky, Wanky, Cunty and Twaty, so he doesn't pay anything and cries crocodile tears if things don't go his way. Just a pity he doesn't fuck off somewhere else

Edited by chillumpuffer
Couldn't remember Cunty's name

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

The Judge isn't a Barrister. A Barrister is a Lawyer. A Judge is errrr a Judge

Seriously??? You had to go back to something almost written a month ago??? I meant judge or barrister. You don’t have to go around Trolling / being the grammar police. Find something else to do with your time than trying to find errors / faults with other people like look in your own mirror (work on yourself) You’ll make more friends that way.

Recommended reading: 
“how to win friends and influence people” - Dale Carnegie 

R😎

Edited by reids

35 minutes ago, reids said:

Seriously??? You had to go back to something almost written a month ago??? I meant judge or barrister. You don’t have to go around Trolling / being the grammar police. Find something else to do with your time than trying to find errors / faults with other people like look in your own mirror (work on yourself) You’ll make more friends that way.

Recommended reading: 
how to win friends and influence people” - Dale Carnegie 

R😎

WOW! Looks like someone needs to take their own advice.

52 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Beat me to it Bob

59 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

WOW! Looks like someone needs to take their own advice.

Must be a slow news day.. 🙄

Trolls ... 

R😎

Edited by reids