Do you think Led Zep will tour again?

Floyd & Zep

121 members have voted

1. 1. Will Zep tour again?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will Zep go back to the studio to record new material?

• Yes
    • No

Tour again = No

At least not in the normal touring sense. They'll probably play again for sure. But they won't tour like they used to.

They might play here and there, but they will avoid touring.

Record New Material = Yes

The creativity gene never turns off. Robert will start out with Alison Krauss and then alternate "writing time" between Led Zeppelin and Krauss.

If Robert gives Jimmy the go-ahead, Jimmy will work with John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham to develop some new material, based on what Jimmy already has and whatever the other two can add.

When Robert is done with Krauss next year, he'll see what the other guys have been up to and try to put words to their music.

I know this will work and can work. Take a look at the special words Plant gave to Page recently for being a "living legend".

Plant talked about their songwriting process and I think it gels with my theory of what might happen.

Basically, when 4 people want it to happen, they will make it happen. So Robert's current schedule shouldn't be too much of a bother for more Zeppelin material.

Of course this all assumes everyone else is on board too!

I said yes, they'll tour because I hope they do. I don't think they actually will though. And I do n't think they'll make new material. I hope they don't because I"m afraid that they'll sell out. I do they'll try not to do that because they're Zep, but I'm afraid that well push them toward it.

I'm so optimistic, everybody rolled their eyes

I said yes to both...but I don't want them to make a tour without them wanting to. I would of course be really happy cause I never saw them before, but I'm not going to be mad at them, they will have a reason if they won't tour, even if I don't see one.

I certainly hope the answer is yes to both of those. And even if it's not new material, they could easily release a new album just of stuff they left in the vault (take me home, sugar mama etc.) You know, the stuff you only hear on those crappy bootlegs. I would be happy to pay money for a version of those songs which doesn't sound like they recorded a mile away from the mics. Nice clean sound would pump new life into them i'd say

As much I would like for them to tour, I'm not sure what they will do it. I agree they will probobly play again, but I think it is more likely they will record some new material together. Jimmy already said if he hadn't broken his finger, they would have probobly got out 2 new albums.

I think the lack of news regarding the whole situation bodes well.

Plant has said repeatedly No. But I get the sense he was blown away by the adulation and even more blown away by how the O2 went. I believe that he wants the hysteria to die down and get a hold of himself emotionally. This whole thing seems to have been very emotional for all these guys. The RS interview indicates that he was really into it-More than he believed possible. He seems real proud of the Krauss stuff-as well he should be-it's good stuff.

As for Page-Jimmy is and always will be focused on Led Zeppelin. And why not? It was he who really brought the four together. He's so proud of everything Zeppelin did-musically. And he should be. They traversed across musical genres and influenced everyone! It's been his baby and he's seen it grow up into something even he couldn't have imagined. He would play with Jones and Plant on stage in a wheelchair if they'd play with him. Having Jason there just brings everything together perfectly in his mind.

As for Jonesy-John Paul was obviously hurt by the Plant/Page collaboration. It seems likely the origins of the riff came from something between he and Robert. And then when Pagey didn't let him know prior to it-He became angry with him too. Jonesy has done some excellent musical work-especially with his solo projects-proving that he was and always will be the creative musician needed to really make a true Zeppelin reunion work properly. In my opinion, his creativity was what was missing from the Plant/Page collaboration Walking into Clarksdale-an album that had it's moments but was dissapointing in the sense that it just didn't seem to have the aura and raw emotion that makes each Zep album a must listen from beggining to end. He seems to want to do it...but seems to be unable to trust wholly that he won't be hurt again or worse-not allowed to express himself enough through any new material.

As far as Jason-He'd do it in a minute-Jason, 1st and foremost is a fan just like all of us. He just would want the time and date of the studio and he'd be waiting like he was in line for a concert. He should step out from his Dad's shadow. Nobody will ever play the skins again like John Henry-Jason should just play how JASON plays it. Not how Daddy plays it. He's a excellent drummer in his own right.

So I think you will see new material later this year in my opinion and select dates-not a tour-Glastonbury-Bonnaroo-Some dates in LA and NY and Chicago and London and maybe a few in Europe as well-but limited dates-not a tour in the traditional sense.

I think that eventually they'll tour, maybe not a big one, but non the less a tour.

I think that a studio album it's not impossible, mainly because Page and Plant, and also Bonham and Jones still very active music careers, so the realization of the album really dependsi f they want it, and not if they can do it.

I instinctively voted NO to both options, but thinking about it a bit more... if Jimmy has some inspiring stuff ready and prepared (far more inspiring than Walking Into Clarksdale) then I could imagine Robert agreeing to giving it a go. And if he gave it a go then he would do it with all his heart, because that's how he always does things. All it would then take would be for JPJ to take it to another level and make it worthy of the Led Zeppelin name. Jason would be the unknown in all this, of course, even after his great live performance.

I can't see them touring in the traditional way, but if the music inspired Robert then I could imagine a couple of residencies in carefully selected venues, maybe 3 or 4 nights in each place, spread over 3 or 4 venues in the UK and the States. Can't imagine them going further than that, and everything said above is a daydream anyway.

a tour? maybe, but I doubt it

a new album? almost certainly No. I have trouble thinking that the band would risk sullying their legacy and perhaps disrespecting Bonzo by releasing a new album. (personally, I feel a new album would be disrespecting Bonzo, but of course I don't know how the band feels...) that being said, I hear people saying LZ wouldn't tour without new material. well who says they don't have new material? they have quite a few songs that have never been played live, including I believe most of Coda, a fair portion of In Through The Out Door, a bit of Presence, a portion of Physical Graffiti, and some stuff that's never even been released as studio tracks. perhaps I'm wrong, but that sounds like new material to me... and I think with For Your Life at the O2, LZ have shown that they're willing to try out some of these oldies that are really kind of new.

We all would like to hope,however I do think it dims things a bit when we have a crew here that is too happy about another tour that is standing in the way- (The Yoko plays fiddle with Bob) ---and more dates added today .I hope all the Zeppelin bros. read this ...cause 200Million-A billion FANS ought to be reason plenty-----as well as the One who still deserves Justice...

They should should tour all continents with a handful of stadium gigs

in the major cities.

After all they perfected stadium rock.

Quality and quantity.

New material is on the cards as a lot of their best material came from

improvising in the studio or on stage.

The Rover was first played during a jam within Dazed & Confused in

Sydney 1972.

With the technology available to them today Jimmy & Jonesy would have

a ball and Roberts no slouch either.

John Lennon was his own man...he made decisions regarding the course of his own destiny. In my view, that's not only an individuals right , but also their spiritual obligation. To say that Yoko somehow coerced him into these choices is just ridiculous, imo.

ymmv, of course

• 2 weeks later...

Archived