2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

On 6/7/2016 at 1:33 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So are you in Frisco?  I am going to be there around the 13th of August if I make the drive on the Pacific Coast highway.  Drop by the ball park on the 14th.  I will be there, God willing.  Box seats printed.  Orioles at Giants!!!!!!

No, I'm up north in Washington State. Post some pics of the park if you can.

2 hours ago, redrum said:

No, I'm up north in Washington State. Post some pics of the park if you can.

My wife has a Canon Rebel I got her and we simply must use the wireless program on this MacBook Pro.  When we return I will post pics of the game and the Pacific Coast Highway I am hoping.  Hitting 4 cities starting out in sin city!!!  Box seats at the O's vs Giants.  Should be great.  My boys just swept KC under the rug.  Love it.  On to Toronto who are playing well.  I expect a fight.  I am cheering for the Giants tonight.  I have 4 parlays riding on them.  Have Baltimore, Washington, and Toronto in the bag.  Go Giants and Bumgartner!!!!  I may watch some of that one.  

Sorry Strider, but your Angels SUCK!!!!!!  Getting pummeled by the Stankees like this?  Come on.  

Well--not that I'm waving the white flag on capturing the division--but I see the Mets are in good shape, as far as the Wild Cards go; a 1/2 game up on the Pirates.

While I would still like to win the East, in a one-game playoff, I would like our chances, with either Syndergaard or deGrom going for that possible situation. But again, the division is still in reach--not that those sorry ass White Sox are any help right now...  :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Sorry Strider, but your Angels SUCK!!!!!!  Getting pummeled by the Stankees like this?  Come on.  

No need to apologize Rick. The Yankees will complete the sweep tomorrow. The Angels will continue to stink until there is a clean sweep in the dugout and the front office.

Adding another ballpark to the list Saturday afternoon... Checking out a Rockies game at Coors Field..my cousin got us seats in the row that marks the Mile High Point.

I'm really enjoying this Rangers team this season...lots of youth..still to early to get excited at the standings... Seattle is a sweep away from taking first place back.

49 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

Adding another ballpark to the list Saturday afternoon... Checking out a Rockies game at Coors Field..my cousin got us seats in the row that marks the Mile High Point.

I'm really enjoying this Rangers team this season...lots of youth..still to early to get excited at the standings... Seattle is a sweep away from taking first place back.

It's a nice park.  We were there over Labor Day weekend in 2001 and it was so cold, I wore every piece of clothing I'd brought with me.  Came close to buying a sweatshirt at the park, but couldn't bring myself to spend $40. That was real money back then!  Hell, it's real money now!! :D 

Well another huge win for the Orioles!!!!   At the suddenly hot Blue Jays.  Of course the news of Machado's 4 game suspension piss's me off!  The bastard huts our player deliberately and what do they expect?   Now we have to be punished and lose one of the games best players for 4 game in a pennant race!!  Its bullshit.  We will survive.  They are appealing and i wish I knew who the bastard is that gave him 4 games?  Boston goes to Minnesota.  A break.  The Yankees will host the Tigers and I hope that Detroit shows up for once.  

How about Miguel Gonzalez?  He throws a 3 hitter vs the big bad Nationals for 5 innings.  I still do not know why we let him go.  But I do like our team plenty.  Wilson and Wright are two kids that are pitching well.   Tillman is having his best year.  Gausman should go tomorrow and then Gallardo is ready.  I hope JJ Hardy returns soon.  Go O's!!!!!!!!!

What a season Texas is having.  Yes they are in a shit division, but they are still getting it done.  Houston is waking up a bit.  Oakland and the Angels both suck.  So Seattle is the likely true competition.

9 and 4 are the relevant numbers...9 for Ventura, 4 for Machado.

Personally, I think Ventura got off light...he will only likely miss one start. He's a punk...should have been suspended a month or two. He has a history of headhunting.

It's all in the hands of the appeals process now.

Very nice comeback from the Saint Louis Cardinals to beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 9-3 in the 12th inning.  Saint Louis scored 6 runs in the top of the 12th.  The Cardinals are now in second place.  9 games behind the first place Cubs.  There is still a lot of baseball to be played.

Cardinals catcher, Yadier Molina, leads the National League in All-Star votes for catcher.  His inclusion this year will make him an 8 time All-Star.

Edited to add:  It was Cardinals "Ace" Adam Wainwright who gave the Cardinals the lead with a two out double as a pinch hitter.  The next four runs the Cardinals scored were on those same two outs. 

9 minutes ago, Houses of the Holy said:

Woohoo! Nice to have Jhonny Peralta back too. 

Yes, very good to have another fellow Saint Louis Cardinals fan on this forum.  Hopefully to back Me up when the Saint Louis Cardinals win the 2016 World Series...

18 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I am cheering for the Cubs and Dodgers in the NL.  

Its a total joke that Manny Machado is getting 4 games and that piece of shit Ventura is getting in effect 2 starts.  And he is the instigator.  Does anyone have any brains that is calling the shots?  I am sick of this shit.  We are in a battle for the division title.  

As for your Cardinals King, no way are they going to beat out the Cubs for the central.  You do admit that I hope?  I see nobody really beating the Cubs anyway.  Not in the NL>  As for my Orioles, just wait until they have all hands on deck.  Hardy will be back at some point and that makes us far better.  They have said they will pursue another starter.  Gallardo should be back any day  In fact I have to see if he is pitching today or tomorrow

26 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

As for my Orioles, just wait

That seems to be your mantra every year, Rick! ;) 

Don't look now but the Yanks are on a 5 game winning streak and above .500! :lol: 

The only concern I would have about the Orioles going into October is do they have enough good starting pitching. Mashing home runs is nice--but as we all know--when you get into the playoffs, runs usually come at a premium and you have to have aces to get you over the hump...

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

The only concern I would have about the Orioles going into October is do they have enough good starting pitching. Mashing home runs is nice--but as we all know--when you get into the playoffs, runs usually come at a premium and you have to have aces to get you over the hump...

paul... it' June!   Early June at that... :) 

20 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I am well aware of this.  I do not fear the Yankees, Walter.  Back to the pitching, they are getting Gallardo back, and he can help.   We are solid with our middle relief and have one of the best closers in the game  But Tillman is now the only starter with an impressive record.  They have said they will pursue a starter at the dead line.  I believe we have one of the best lineups in the game as far a hitting and defense and I know for a fact when Hardy is in, we have the best defensive infield in baseball.  The starting pitching is certainly a concern but Wilson and Wright have good stuff and are two good young pitchers.  For some reason Buck still believes in Jiminez?  I will let you know by 4 pm if I still do?  He is coming off a very good performance.  Can he follow it up in Toronto?  Hardy and O'Day we need back as fast as possible.  

PS   Walter, Verlander ended their streak.  

4 hours ago, ebk said:

This game is a lot more exciting that I thought it would be after the first half inning...  

Alvarez hit one to the right field wall with the bases loaded in the 9th. One more foot and we win with a grand slam.   Machado scored on the tag up.  WE fell one run short.  We go to Boston Tues.   Yankees schedule is a joke.  Their next series are vs Colorado, Minnesota and some other bad team.   The Orioles and Boston have it tough, though after playing Boston and Toronto we do get the Padres.  We actually get them away and at home.  When I hit the West coast the Phillies will be in San Diego and LA,  taking away my temptation to go to a game in SD or LA.  But the Orioles at SF will be great.  We have the bats.  Now we need to get Gallardo back in the rotation, release Jiminez (I think Buck may finally realize this), and acquire one starter before the deadline.  Thank you Twins for keeping us in first place.   We will have a ready and rested front of our order ready for Boston.  Go O's!!!!!!!

The Cardinals are on a five game winning streak.  This time the Cardinals swept the Pirates in Pittsburgh.  The combined scores of all three game were Saint Louis 22 runs and Pittsburgh 7 runs. 

I know that the Chicago Cubs have so far dominated the National League Central this year, something that the Cardinals have done since the beginning of this century, but, as so many commentators say, never count out the Saint Louis Cardinals.  They are always a serious contender, year after year (and that cannot be said of about 2/3 of the Major League Baseball Teams). 

Archived