Jump to content

Next Soundboard Release


Xolo1974
 Share

Recommended Posts

Going into 2018, and with the probability of official releases, one would hope it will be an unexpected surprise that stuns and delights the masses. Well, at least the masses on here....

Lets all hope for a "holy grail" kinda deal. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The next one will probably come out sometime next year. I'm guessing maybe around late summer/early fall, since that would be approximately a year after Deus Ex Machina.

As for what it will be, it's anyone's guess. Ordinarily, I would say that it would probably be just another 75 show (maybe Houston or the 1st San Diego show), since it seemed like the release of the Seattle 3/21 soundboard was EVSD saying "don't worry! We still have some great/legendary shows in our arsenal." I would think they would want to drag it out as long as possible until the well is almost completely dry before releasing the stuff that has a high demand (2nd Long Beach show, LA 75 and 77, the rest of NY 77, anything pre-75, etc.).

However, with the 50th anniversary approaching, and the recent news about Davis "mastering" Zeppelin, who knows? Maybe it'll give EVSD a kick in the pants to release some "holy grail" material before anything is officially released.

Personally, going by realistic expectations, I'm hoping it'll be something from 77, perhaps an unheard show like Greensboro or Baton Rouge, or maybe another New York show. EVSD has consistently been releasing shows from 75 and 77, and I think people are getting bored of the 75 shows. I know I am. The only remaining show from 75 that I'd be at all interested in hearing in soundboard form would be the 2nd Long Beach show (or maybe one of the remaining Earls Court shows). Otherwise, I could take it or leave it to be honest.

Even though the 77 soundboards are flat and dry, a new one of an unheard show or a show with a poor recording (ex. Chicago 4/10, NY 6/8) would be music to my ears! :D

But we'll just have to wait and see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2017 at 11:40 AM, ZepHead315 said:

Even though the 77 soundboards are flat and dry, a new one of an unheard show or a show with a poor recording (ex. Chicago 4/10, NY 6/8) would be music to my ears! :D

 

Indeed, outside of one of the "Missing Seven" 1977 shows a soundboard for one of the shows with bad-to-mediocre audience tapes would be welcome...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:40 PM, ZepHead315 said:

The next one will probably come out sometime next year. I'm guessing maybe around late summer/early fall, since that would be approximately a year after Deus Ex Machina.

As for what it will be, it's anyone's guess. Ordinarily, I would say that it would probably be just another 75 show (maybe Houston or the 1st San Diego show), since it seemed like the release of the Seattle 3/21 soundboard was EVSD saying "don't worry! We still have some great/legendary shows in our arsenal." I would think they would want to drag it out as long as possible until the well is almost completely dry before releasing the stuff that has a high demand (2nd Long Beach show, LA 75 and 77, the rest of NY 77, anything pre-75, etc.).

However, with the 50th anniversary approaching, and the recent news about Davis "mastering" Zeppelin, who knows? Maybe it'll give EVSD a kick in the pants to release some "holy grail" material before anything is officially released.

Personally, going by realistic expectations, I'm hoping it'll be something from 77, perhaps an unheard show like Greensboro or Baton Rouge, or maybe another New York show. EVSD has consistently been releasing shows from 75 and 77, and I think people are getting bored of the 75 shows. I know I am. The only remaining show from 75 that I'd be at all interested in hearing in soundboard form would be the 2nd Long Beach show (or maybe one of the remaining Earls Court shows). Otherwise, I could take it or leave it to be honest.

Even though the 77 soundboards are flat and dry, a new one of an unheard show or a show with a poor recording (ex. Chicago 4/10, NY 6/8) would be music to my ears! :D

But we'll just have to wait and see.

I'd love to have another April 77 soundboard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When the 03 21 75 Seattle board got leaked early (or earlier than usual), EVSD threatened people with not releasing future planned releases. I think it's an idle threat, but the point is that if memory serves they hinted at 9-28-71 Osaka and 9-04-70 L.A. (Blueberry Hill). I have absolutely zero inside knowledge, but those would be my guesses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

When the 03 21 75 Seattle board got leaked early (or earlier than usual), EVSD threatened people with not releasing future planned releases. I think it's an idle threat, but the point is that if memory serves they hinted at 9-28-71 Osaka and 9-04-70 L.A. (Blueberry Hill). I have absolutely zero inside knowledge, but those would be my guesses.

I hope you're right. The Black Dog teaser from 9/28/71 was over a year ago so I hope they release that one in 2018. Frankly, I would much rather have a 70-71 board tape than another 75 or 77. I know there aren't many from 77 lately but I'd like to hear a new SBD show without a high cringe factor for once. 

Edited by porgie66
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Adam Ryan watson said:

I have often wondered if the reason evsd sticks to 75 and 77 shows is because the source for the tapes wants alot more money for stuff like tapes form 1970 or 71. And the 75 tapes have much better sound then 77 so they go with 75 more then 77.

I think it's much simpler than that:  they (the "soundboard revolution" source) only have the 2nd leg of '75 (and a few from Feb), and only a few from May '77, and nothing from any other year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

I think it's much simpler than that:  they (the "soundboard revolution" source) only have the 2nd leg of '75 (and a few from Feb), and only a few from May '77, and nothing from any other year.

They do have later than May '77 -- NY MSG June 7, 1977

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Orlando 71 was a revolution release and black dog from osaka then there is the last hour of montruex although they can easily be from other sources. But even still I think a soundboard for msg 1970 would command a much higher price then a show like handover 75.  They most likely don't have many early boards but it's a possibility and bring on June 22 1977 my favorite post 73 show.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, zeplz71 said:

They do have later than May '77 -- NY MSG June 7, 1977

Fine, they have the very first show from the NY run.  And, likely they have the disastrous Tampa show from Jun 3rd, all 15 minutes of it, LOL.  There is no reason to think there's much more than Greensboro and maybe other May shows like Birmingham or Baton Rouge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For years people swore March 19 1975 was the latest show they had for 75 then finally March 20 was released. Then for years poeple swore March 20 was the latest and no way they had Seattle or l.a now Seattle came out and now people say March 21 Seattle is the latest show and there is no reason to think they have the l.a shows. The subset of dates everyone thought they had nailed for 75 keeps expanding. I hold a glimmer of hope for l.a 77.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just can't see somones stealing 75 and 77 zeppelin soundboards and knowing their value take a bunch of average to very good quality performances and leave behind the most legendary and sought after shows like l.a 75 and 77 and the rest of the msg 77 tapes.unless the person did not no much about live zeppelin or the bootleg zep market. Probably just my wishful thinking one can dream.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Adam Ryan watson said:

I just can't see somones stealing 75 and 77 zeppelin soundboards and knowing their value take a bunch of average to very good quality performances and leave behind the most legendary and sought after shows like l.a 75 and 77 and the rest of the msg 77 tapes.unless the person did not no much about live zeppelin or the bootleg zep market. Probably just my wishful thinking one can dream.

Sadly, all the evidence points to nothing outside 75-77, from the Revolution source at least. Orlando 71 was a long time ago now. We can infer that Jimmy has a lot of boards, but they are unlikely to see the light of day; those that did were stolen from him 30 years ago. The smart guess has to be that all these 75 and 77 boards are from copies made by someone on the desk. There could be lots more to come from those tours, or there could be nothing. We don't know. The intriguing question about 1975 is January. That's now the only gap in the 1975 record. We've nothing at all there, and as time goes on it look less likely.

Some venues don't seem to leak, either. No full board tapes from either the LA Forum or Chicago have ever circulated, other than the aforementioned 80s stolen ones. Contrast with MSG for example, where there's a range of boards from 73-77.

The joker in the pack is Osaka 71. Where did that one song excerpt come from, and why has it never been followed up?

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...