Snake bite pics

SamG

Bull shit!!! Until I see it in person, I can't believe that is real. If it is, I am sorry that happened and may god bless you.

It's real.

The reason why the wound is so large is because the kids arm had to be cut open to relieve the swelling, Snake bites often cause necrosis as well.

Wow.

I was raised in an area where there are plenty of rattlers. I have been told that they CAN kill you, but it's highly unlikely. I have been taught how to draw snake venom out of bites--it was something I learned at an early age. I've also been taught to move very slowly and FREEZE when you see a coiled-up rattler. In Northern Idaho, those babies get to be HUGE!

Ugh. Does anyone wonder why I'm terrified of snakes? :wacko:

I scream and jump at the sight of a garden snake. :lol:

There's a passage in My Antonia by Willa Cather where the main character slays a 6 ft snake. Ugh. My skin was literally crawling (slithering?). :wacko:

• 4 years later...

My buddy who's an Army Medic said the worst wounds he's seen from Iraq have been camel spider bites which cause the skin to dry out and die and limps usually have to be amputated. They're the size of the face-huggers from Aliens.

I'm thinking they're Taliban with 8 legs.

Archived