The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

4 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

The latest monstrosity:

Australians Being Mandated To Provide Police With Geo-Trackable Selfies To Prove They're Quarantining | ZeroHedge

Can't wait to see the rationalizations over this one.

Once again this is all happening in Victoria where the lockdown measures and livelihoods have caused a lot of unnecessary stress and frustration to their citizens.

While this is happening in Australia it is NOT happening all over the country but that's not how it's being reported, as the headline above clearly indicates and implies that ALL Australians are affected. This news service has a credibility issue.

They have an opportunity to change this by voting out the Government at the next state election.

Here is the fallout from the demonstration at a major union, with some of the participating members being struck of the membership.

Covid-19 Victoria: Cases from the CFMEU head office climb to seven, spreading to babies, elderly | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

Here in New South Wales....

At most places like shopping centres there are QR codes posted. The camera is pointed at the code and a Health Dept. app is activated that records your current location and the time. No photo, selfie or otherwise is taken.

The Health Dept. Contact Tracers gather the data and if a certain location has exposure to a potential outbreak of the virus in that area, a text is sent to them advising them to be tested, usually within hours of their visit to the suspect location. Most places nave an alternative sign in sheet where their name, mobile number and time of arrival is recorded. It takes longer for those to be notified if they have been exposed.

It is NOT mandatory to download the Health Dept. app, however, the conditions of the businesses entry is that customers must at the very least, sign in on the register.

For the record I have never been tested although I will be due to an upcoming visit to the Dentist that requires me to be tested 72 hours prior to the appointment.

I believe that Covid testing is necessary however, the fact that my DNA can be recorded is a bit of a worry.

Edited by Reggie29
To add and change some content.

1 hour ago, Reggie29 said:

Once again this is all happening in Victoria where the lockdown measures and livelihoods have caused a lot of unnecessary stress and frustration to their citizens.

While this is happening in Australia it is NOT happening all over the country but that's not how it's being reported, as the headline above clearly indicates and implies that ALL Australians are affected. This news service has a credibility issue.

They have an opportunity to change this by voting out the Government at the next state election.

Here is the fallout from the demonstration at a major union, with some of the participating members being struck of the membership.

Covid-19 Victoria: Cases from the CFMEU head office climb to seven, spreading to babies, elderly | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

At most places like shopping centres there are QR codes posted. The camera is pointed at the code and a Health Dept. app is activated that records your current location and the time. No photo, selfie or otherwise is taken.

The Health Dept. Contact Tracers gather the data and if a certain location has exposure to a potential outbreak of the virus in that area, a text is sent to them advising them to be tested, usually within hours of their visit to the suspect location. Most places nave an alternative sign in sheet where their name, mobile number and time of arrival is recorded. It takes longer for those to be notified if they have been exposed.

It is NOT mandatory to download the Health Dept. app, however, the conditions of the businesses entry is that customers must at the very least, sign in on the register.

For the record I have never been tested although I will be due to an upcoming visit to the Dentist that requires me to be tested 72 hours prior to the appointment.

I believe that Covid testing is necessary however, the fact that my DNA can be recorded is a bit of a worry.

Hope you're doing well Reggie. Up here in QLD we are still essentially unrestricted. I went to Mount Tambourine markets with the cheese and kisses last weekend on the bike, a lovely ride given the early summer-like weather, and this weekend am probably going to ride up to Buderim to visit the oldies. I am amazed QLD has so far avoided outbreaks above 1 or 2 community cases while Sydney and particularly Melbourne are getting pumped. I am not sure what it is like down there, but up here only about 1 in 30 or less are walking around in shops or confined spaces without a mask. Compliance seems to be pretty high, and everyone gets on with living - and by all accounts IT WORKS. I'd love to know if it is similar in SYD and MEL..... I have a theory that there are larger pockets of the community there that align more to the "fuck masks!" brigade and maybe help spread it? - but that is pure conjecture. I really can't understand the disparity.

QLD have avoided any sizeable protests so far (the exception being the border since the border cuts through a major street in Coolangatta and it was a shitshow).

Early lockdowns were effective here (it stopped the first large outbreak in it's tracks) - so it seems a lesson was learned???? Dunno, but I hope you guys come out of lockdown/restrictions soon. Vaccination rates are getting to the point where it is bound to turn the long awaited corner.

Almost there....

Cheers mate.

Edited by rm2551

7 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Hope you're doing well Reggie. Up here in QLD we are still essentially unrestricted. I went to Mount Tambourine markets with the cheese and kisses last weekend on the bike, a lovely ride given the early summer-like weather, and this weekend am probably going to ride up to Buderim to visit the oldies. I am amazed QLD has so far avoided outbreaks above 1 or 2 community cases while Sydney and particularly Melbourne are getting pumped. I am not sure what it is like down there, but up here only about 1 in 30 or less are walking around in shops or confined spaces without a mask. Compliance seems to be pretty high, and everyone gets on with living - and by all accounts IT WORKS. I'd love to know if it is similar in SYD and MEL..... I have a theory that there are larger pockets of the community there that align more to the "fuck masks!" brigade and maybe help spread it? - but that is pure conjecture. I really can't understand the disparity.

QLD have avoided any sizeable protests so far (the exception being the border since the border cuts through a major street in Coolangatta and it was a shitshow).

Early lockdowns were effective here (it stopped the first large outbreak in it's tracks) - so it seems a lesson was learned???? Dunno, but I hope you guys come out of lockdown/restrictions soon. Vaccination rates are getting to the point where it is bound to turn the long awaited corner.

Almost there....

Cheers mate.

Yes, our government dropped the ball for not going to an early lockdown instead of waiting until it was too late.

We come out of lockdown on Monday. Certain restrictions will be lifted for the unvaccinated, fully vaccinated will be able to go to pubs etc. So it'll be interesting how that works out.

I hope you can stay on track up there and don't have any outbreaks.

Too bad about the Bunnies.

Cheers to you too, mate.

19 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

It's fine if you want to point out that there are regional aspects to some of this.  We see the same thing in the US:  lunatic states like Cali or NY are harsh, southern states far more reasonable, the Midwest somewhere in between.  However, NO US state, no matter how liberal, has implemented anything even remotely as totalitarian as what's being seen in Australia and NZ (perhaps not from lack of trying).  Basically requiring citizens to be their own telescreen is something even Orwell couldn't have foreseen.  For you to dismiss it as "just Victoria", well, we can see how the Australian government at various levels is able to get away with all of this.

5 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

It's fine if you want to point out that there are regional aspects to some of this.  We see the same thing in the US:  lunatic states like Cali or NY are harsh, southern states far more reasonable, the Midwest somewhere in between.  However, NO US state, no matter how liberal, has implemented anything even remotely as totalitarian as what's being seen in Australia and NZ (perhaps not from lack of trying).  Basically requiring citizens to be their own telescreen is something even Orwell couldn't have foreseen.  For you to dismiss it as "just Victoria", well, we can see how the Australian government at various levels is able to get away with all of this.

You're entitled to your opinions however misguided by spurious internet news services.

Dismissive, really? Just stating the differences between the various states and how they've administered their own borders and restrictions etc.

Anyone who uses apps on their smart phones are being "telescreened", along with using cameras on their laptops and PC's, so it's nothing new.

As you know social media platforms use algorithms to present topics that are based on what users have either searched or participated in via their posts.

Obviously you've ignored the fact that I don't support what the governments are doing nor do I support idiots who put others at risk, including themselves.

I agree some of the measures taken were a tad extreme but totalitarian is a bit of a stretch given the term usually relates to communist countries which I assure you isn't the case here.

Still on Victoria, today the Premier Daniel Andrews was fined $400 by Victorian Police for not wearing a mask!

I'm looking forward to next week when I can resume rehearsing with my band and doing gigs again within NSW.

18 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

You're entitled to your opinions however misguided by spurious internet news services.

Dismissive, really? Just stating the differences between the various states and how they've administered their own borders and restrictions etc.

Anyone who uses apps on their smart phones are being "telescreened", along with using cameras on their laptops and PC's, so it's nothing new.

As you know social media platforms use algorithms to present topics that are based on what users have either searched or participated in via their posts.

Obviously you've ignored the fact that I don't support what the governments are doing nor do I support idiots who put others at risk, including themselves.

I agree some of the measures taken were a tad extreme but totalitarian is a bit of a stretch given the term usually relates to communist countries which I assure you isn't the case here.

Still on Victoria, today the Premier Daniel Andrews was fined $400 by Victorian Police for not wearing a mask!

I'm looking forward to next week when I can resume rehearsing with my band and doing gigs again within NSW.

Again, more speciousness:  we're already being monitored/tracked by our "devices", so what's a little more.  And of course you simply cannot criticize any government action without simultaneously chastising those "who put others at risk" (from a virus that poses almost no risk to the bulk of the population).  You can't even make a principled stand against police state excesses.

Sad, really.  I thought it was New Zealand that was known for its sheep.

5 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Again, more speciousness:  we're already being monitored/tracked by our "devices", so what's a little more.  And of course you simply cannot criticize any government action without simultaneously chastising those "who put others at risk" (from a virus that poses almost no risk to the bulk of the population).  You can't even make a principled stand against police state excesses.

Sad, really.  I thought it was New Zealand that was known for its sheep.

Why can't you realise that pointing out certain things that are happening, does not mean any support for them?

Social media, especially Facebook and Google have a lot to answer for.

What kind of "principled stand" would you suggest? Storming our Government buildings like your "patriots" did to the Capitol Building, perhaps?

We make changes by voting out those that deserve being thrown out and especially after going through all the bullshit dished out lately in Victoria. I expect a few States will have a new party and leadership in place when the next elections are held within the next 12 months or so.

That depends on the size of the population. While there maybe a low risk of dying from the virus itself, there is a very high risk of dying from pre-existing respiratory and other serious health issues compounded by the virus and a very real risk of getting ill and hospitalised. It would seem you and many others are in constant denial that there is a problem.

The only people "chastised" were those whose infected and refused to isolate for 14 days {really, is that too much to ask}, and damaging property and desecrating monuments to our fallen military services. I'm curious. if you condone wanton dishonour to your war dead? Surely not.

Yes, we are known for our Merino sheep, best wool in the world and we made billions off of their fleeces. 

6 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

Why can't you realise that pointing out certain things that are happening, does not mean any support for them?

Social media, especially Facebook and Google have a lot to answer for.

What kind of "principled stand" would you suggest? Storming our Government buildings like your "patriots" did to the Capitol Building, perhaps?

We make changes by voting out those that deserve being thrown out and especially after going through all the bullshit dished out lately in Victoria. I expect a few States will have a new party and leadership in place when the next elections are held within the next 12 months or so.

That depends on the size of the population. While there maybe a low risk of dying from the virus itself, there is a very high risk of dying from pre-existing respiratory and other serious health issues compounded by the virus and a very real risk of getting ill and hospitalised. It would seem you and many others are in constant denial that there is a problem.

The only people "chastised" were those whose infected and refused to isolate for 14 days {really, is that too much to ask}, and damaging property and desecrating monuments to our fallen military services. I'm curious. if you condone wanton dishonour to your war dead? Surely not.

Yes, we are known for our Merino sheep, best wool in the world and we made billions off of their fleeces. 

Too many false dichotomies and straw-men here to really waste much time with them.  As usual, you refuse to acknowledge that governments' responses to all of this has been far, far out of proportion to actual risk.  

On 10/7/2021 at 9:02 AM, BobDobbs said:

Case in point: When I was in boot camp I tried to get out of getting the smallpox vaccine as I knew I would be sick for 48 hours. The DI would not have it so I appealed to his "logic" stating what is the necessity of getting a vaccine for a disease which has essentially been eradicated, his response was simple, "because if you don't you will have to be subjected to a boot up your ass which is 100% affective." I took the vaccine 🙂 

Perhaps if the DI had already been lying to you for 18 months...

12 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Too many false dichotomies and straw-men here to really waste much time with them.  As usual, you refuse to acknowledge that governments' responses to all of this has been far, far out of proportion to actual risk.  

It takes one to know one.

As bad as COVID is, it's nothing compared to the human virus. 

Human ignorance has become so profound I believe it's time for the aliens to wipe us out and start fresh. Maybe a reptile based biped will be less stupid and more empathetic.

Uh oh, looks like I did it again. More fodder for the David Icke groupies.

This reminds me of the current wave of dopes roaming the land these days, in fact, they just had a rally in Iowa I hear.

4 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

Possibly, but the fact remains that the police are actually arresting a teen for not wearing a mask in school. COVID-1984 here we are. 

Yes, and it is again shocking how many people here are perfectly fine with it.  Truly reprehensible.  

21 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Yes, and it is again shocking how many people here are perfectly fine with it.  Truly reprehensible.  

No-one is fine with it. Too many recalcitrants. Truly predictable.

Edited by Reggie29

On 10/12/2021 at 6:33 AM, Strider said:

They need to change their name to ZeroSense.

On 10/12/2021 at 12:37 AM, Ross62 said:

Your ZeroHedge is garbage.Stop posting that shit.

Enjoy,Reggie.

We don't have to wear masks outdoors anymore.

Cheers Ross.