The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

Just got back from Croatia.  You would think after a year and a half of this shit that countries - especially countries like the U.S. and Germany - would have their crap together.  Not so!

1.  I knew I needed a Covid test to return to the US from abroad, but the State Department is very ambiguous as to WHICH test I need.  Do I need the $100 PCR test or will the $12 Rapid Antigen test suffice?  Cost aside, it is important to know because the test result is valid for only three days.  You have to allow 24 hours for results from the PCR test (which cuts it's usability down to two days) while the Antigen test results are back in 15 minutes!  Found info on YouTube from other travelers that IF you already have the two shots of the Vaccine, you only need to Rapid Antigen, if you are one of the great unvaccinated, you need the PCR.

2.  While in Croatia, I saw that they had several medical clinics offering the test, but also near the bus/ferry station was a small metal building offering the Rapid Antigen test.  Very convenient for travelers.  BUT, again from YouTube (Not the State Department), Homeland Security and the State Department) the gubment will only accept the results from "approved" sites.  They do not list which sites those are!

3.  Lufthansa allowed me to check in on-line before my flight from Denver and print my boarding passes.  LOVE airlines that do this.  Flew through the airport to my gate and waited for boarding.  Twenty minutes before boarding, the gate agents announced that if you checked in on-line, you STILL need to go to the counter! Myself and about 75 other passengers lined up.  They checked our Covid vaccination card and entered that info.  Ten minutes before boarding (and with less than half the line processed), the airline announced that due to EU requirements, only surgical or N95 masks were allowed to be used on the plane!  They did NOT mention this in the numerous e-mails they sent me prior to flight day - or while I was JUST AT THE COUNTER!  Since all I brought were my two layer, 7 Led Zeppelin clothe masks, I had to go back in line and beg for one of their approved paper-thin surgical masks.

4.  Flight attendants on Lufthansa were very strict and adamant on  mask wearing - cover the nose, wear it even when ordering drinks or the meal.  They even scolded the German couple seated behind me for their N95 mask (it had vents).  They told the flight attendant they asked in the States for the most protective mask and that this N95 was the best and they paid a lot of money for them  However, they had vents and were not allowed.

5.  On arriving in Germany for my connecting flight to Croatia, Not ONE German federal employee checked my vaccine card!  Not Passport Control, Security or Customs.  However, while waiting for my flight I saw pairs of police  - some with automatic weapons - aggressively order anyone who had their mask off or below their nose in the terminal to mask properly!

6.  Landing in Croatia, my vaccine card was checked.  Masks required on all bus and taxi rides and in shops and restaurants while ordering.  Outdoors, no masks required.  Bear in mind in Dubrovnik and at Diocletian's Palace in Split, you are literally shoulder to shoulder with hundreds if not thousands of other tourists, none of which are wearing masks.

7.  At banks and money exchange centers in Croatia, you are NOT ALLOWED to wear masks   - the security cameras need to capture your face in case you decide to rob the place,

8.  I got my Rapid Antigen test on Friday the day before my flight at the Institute for Public Health (Split).  Paid $12, got the results on paper in 15 minutes.  Negative of course, and thought I was set.  That afternoon I get an e-mail from Lufthansa informing me of my requirement to get a test to be able to come back to the States - and saying I am REQUIRED to have two copies of the negative test!  Now, I am staying in Central Split inside the Diocletian Palace  - it's not like there's a Kinko's on the corner!  I searched for an hour and asked locals to no avail.  Finally, found a nice lady at a bank (no mask allowed!) who made an extra copy for me, would not take a payment, so I put the money in her "Charity" jar at her station.

9.  Coming back from Croatia, Lufthansa ticket counters checked your vaccine card and after going through security, toward the gate, they had stations set up to see your boarding pass, passport and negative test results.

10.  Again, no official in the German passport Control, security or Customs looked at the Covid negative test or vaccination card!

11.  Landed in the States and before we landed, Lufthansa announced that you MUST have your negative test results  ready for U.S. officials upon landing.  Went through the airport and NO ONE looked at or asked for the test results - and no one kept the second copy of the test that I was "required" to have!

The destination (Croatia) was more than I had hoped it was and is in the Top 3 countries of the 52 I have now visited.  However, the journey sucked ass! 

On 9/27/2021 at 4:32 PM, Reggie29 said:

The flyover was part of a festival in Brisbane coinciding with a major sporting event in the same city.

I've watched the Super Bowl and military aircraft fly over the venues, more than likely over populated areas. How is that any different?

Obviously there is an element of risk but these pilots are highly trained so the risk is somewhat mitigated.

However, it was a reckless decision on the part of the Qld government (who close their borders whenever somebody sneezes), to allow them to fly between the buildings.

Brisbane and moreover, Queensland and WA have very few Covid cases and aren't in as strict lockdowns as other states.

Our NRL competition was played entirely in Qld allowing for almost capacity crowds given that a lot of games were played in regional areas with smaller populations.

The Grand Final will be played in Brisbane this weekend ironically between two Sydney teams.

The above report is another example of sensationalism in the media.

Go the Bunnies!!!!!!

5 hours ago, Strider said:

You have to wonder if poor Jonas Salk would be cast as a villain if he were around today.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/press-made-polio-vaccine-trials-public-spectacle-180977304/

Well, one look at this thread should answer that question. I never thought I would see such ignorance and hate in the face of the most obvious facts one could imagine. Then again, they had the same moronic nutters in 1918 too.

The real kicker is these are the same people just two years ago who were making fun of Jim Carey and Jenny McCarthy, now, they are Jim Carey & Jenny McCarthy except somehow, much, much worse.

On 9/30/2021 at 6:38 AM, Strider said:

You have to wonder if poor Jonas Salk would be cast as a villain if he were around today.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/press-made-polio-vaccine-trials-public-spectacle-180977304/

Apples to oranges. 98.5% of unvaccinated polio patients did not get better on their own within two weeks without a vaccine.

On 9/27/2021 at 12:29 AM, SteveAJones said:

Americans in 1944 & 2020.jpg

To be fair the Lost Generation thought the exact same thing of what would be the WWII generation during the 30's. I believe every generation will rise to the call and excel when necessary.

Now regarding that nasty COVID. You are correct, people were not recovering from Polio at the rate of COVID recovery, however I am also worried about the long-term affects of those who do recover from the COVID. There are many people claiming ongoing and severe symptomology after recovery and that is not good. Also, what about babies born to mothers who had COVID during pregnancy? Are there studies being done on possible affects to these infants? To the mothers?

There are still way too many unknowns at this time. What I do know is you are not seeing the rich and powerful on either side of the isle refusing the vaccine. Every single senator and rep has been vaccinated including Ms. Green. All of Trump's family has been vaccinated. Fox News is constantly on about "evil vaccine mandates" and "government overreach" while failing to inform their viewers that Fox News has a vaccine mandate in place. Every single person who works at Fox News is required to get the vaccine or wear a mask. Talk about irony!

I understand your viewpoint on this subject however it does ring hollow when the people claiming tyranny were literally the first ones in line to get the vaccine.

1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

I understand your viewpoint on this subject however it does ring hollow when the people claiming tyranny were literally the first ones in line to get the vaccine.

It is entirely possible to support vaccination in principle, particularly for those at high risk, while at the same time holding government officials accountable for their overreach and abuse of power. 

2 hours ago, chef free said:

My wife (the nurse) just got her booster shot!  I'll let ya know if she grow extra tentacles...

Bill Gates is downloading the programs into her brain as we speak. Save yourself while there is still time.

Best of health to you and yours, chef free.

CONVID-1984.  

The disease so deadly, you have swaths of people from all walks of life, backgrounds and professions openly resisting.  A disease so deadly, there is a complex myriad of rules and exemptions that make no sense whatsoever and are censored/de-platformed for questioning.  

A disease so deadly, that survival via natural immunity is completely ignored since there is no profit to be made by big Pharma and their associates.

If this was a legitimate disease with high mortality rates, people would be killing each other to get a shot.  What we are experiencing right now globally is the exact opposite.

At no time in history have the people forcing others into compliance been the good guys.

9 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

CONVID-1984.  

The disease so deadly, you have swaths of people from all walks of life, backgrounds and professions openly resisting.  A disease so deadly, there is a complex myriad of rules and exemptions that make no sense whatsoever and are censored/de-platformed for questioning.  

A disease so deadly, that survival via natural immunity is completely ignored since there is no profit to be made by big Pharma and their associates.

If this was a legitimate disease with high mortality rates, people would be killing each other to get a shot.  What we are experiencing right now globally is the exact opposite.

At no time in history have the people forcing others into compliance been the good guys.

I was told yesterday the Nurses who refuse to get vaccinated are being replaced with nurses they are bringing in from the Philippines, how can this be possible, so anyone who refuses gets replaced by foreigners? How is this even legal? I'll see if I can find the article and post it here.

Edited by RainbowElf

On 9/28/2021 at 8:06 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

It's pretty clear they ousted Cuomo (a run-of-the-mill lowlife) so that they could bring in the real lunatics.

She is a lunatic and not a real Christian, she is in league with Satan, God does not want you to get the vaccine, it's the stamp of the Beast, only Jesus Christ had Apostles. How can she even say something blasphemous like that? 13:18

8 minutes ago, RainbowElf said:

I was told yesterday the Nurses who refuse to get vaccinated are being replaced with nurses they are bringing in from the Philippines,how can this be possible, so anyone who refuses gets replaced by foreigners? How is this even legal? I'll see if I can find the article and post it here.

Not only is it legal it is by design. You see, any citizen who doesn’t get into lock step with feral government demands gets marginalized and replaced by a non-citizen. 

Edited by SteveAJones

On 9/30/2021 at 9:28 PM, Strider said:

Bill Gates is downloading the programs into her brain as we speak. Save yourself while there is still time.

Best of health to you and yours, chef free.

Bill Gates is also in league with Satan as is his wife or former wife, I think I read something they got divorced or perhaps I'm wrong and thinking about someone else, either way they are both in league with Satan.

1 minute ago, SteveAJones said:

Not only is it legal it is by design. You see, any citizen who doesn’t get into lock step with feral government demands gets marginalized and replaced by a non-citizen. 

How come the Post office got a pass?