Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

19 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

At least I've got balls lol.

You have balls behind your computer. In front of anyone you are a weak minded simpleton. Every comment you make shows all of us that. As a registered independent I make sure that I am able to vote policy and not via a political party. On the other hand you parrot every talking point that I hear on Fox or whatever shit right wing media platform. 

Also, I call you crying blueballs because you are weak and simple minded. 

19 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

At least I've got balls lol.

What up Cry baby no balls. The funny thing is the band, every member would absolutely oppose all of your thoughts and beliefs. Simply read anything that any of them have ever said, read any lyrics, look at who they surround themselves with. You are certainly able to appreciate their music, you just miss the point. 

Stick to talking and listening to music, you have no original thoughts. You are a window licker, make sure to wear your helmet and leash. 

On 5/14/2024 at 6:47 PM, slave to zep said:

In the book "1984" by George Orwell the words "trampled underfoot" are written......

Damn no comments.... was hoping somebody knew if there was a connection.

23 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Damn no comments.... was hoping somebody knew if there was a connection.

8 hours ago, slave to zep said:

But did Robert name the song after reading the book?

The phrase 'trampled under foot'/'trampled underfoot' pops up in heaps of books and articles. It is a fairly common term, so the inspiration could have come from any number of sources. The lyrics are about the workings of an automobile and how they relate to the mechanics of human sex. But the phrase itself never pops up in the song. Robert once introduced the song in concert as "Trampled under Jimmy's foot" and I always felt the primal stomp of Bonham's drums and the forceful use of the cry-baby wah-wah pedal by Jimmy was the reason the song was called "Trampled Under Foot". It felt like Jimmy's guitar and Bonham's drums were marching right over the listener.

4 hours ago, Strider said:

... and I always felt the primal stomp of Bonham's drums and the forceful use of the cry-baby wah-wah pedal by Jimmy was the reason the song was called "Trampled Under Foot". It felt like Jimmy's guitar and Bonham's drums were marching right over the listener.

Nice take.
The listener is definitely being marched over or trampled under.

9 hours ago, Strider said:

The phrase 'trampled under foot'/'trampled underfoot' pops up in heaps of books and articles. It is a fairly common term, so the inspiration could have come from any number of sources. The lyrics are about the workings of an automobile and how they relate to the mechanics of human sex. But the phrase itself never pops up in the song. Robert once introduced the song in concert as "Trampled under Jimmy's foot" and I always felt the primal stomp of Bonham's drums and the forceful use of the cry-baby wah-wah pedal by Jimmy was the reason the song was called "Trampled Under Foot". It felt like Jimmy's guitar and Bonham's drums were marching right over the listener.

Ah, I  see. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Ross62 said:

Awesome band! Awesome album! I have an interesting listening relationship with them and Chris. He is a spectacular singer and frontman. I was able to see them and him on many occasions, for whatever weird reason his voice starts to grate on me just a bit after a while, very specifically on listening to an entire album. Live is different, he and they are crazy talented and very good at their craft. I remember the first time seeing this video, and going to Tower Records and buying their record. They were recently on Stern and sound as good today as they did then. Chris is a great story teller. 

Thanks for posting this. 

Remember that fat kid in school? And everyone knew who you meant because there was only one fat kid. Or at most, two or three. Now when you go past a school most of the student body looks like Augustus Gloop.

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Remember that fat kid in school? And everyone knew who you meant because there was only one fat kid. Or at most, two or three. Now when you go past a school most of the student body looks like Augustus Gloop.

FAT BASTARD.webp

On 5/19/2024 at 3:51 PM, cryingbluerain said:

Yep, now they're panicking.  That's why suddenly he wants to debate.

What up crying blueballs, your daily reminder, you are boring, and not one member of the band would agree with anything you have ever said on this specific subject and topic. 

Just so we are clear, you are a pathetic parrot. 

Right on crying bluelessballs, 

Will there ever be a better song/composition/execution than Kashmir?

This is why I love Yin and Yang as a way to look at things.

I hope so, and don't believe so. And both are great.

48 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Today we remember George Floyd. 🤣

GObcOjGXEAAgJjh.jpg

Screenshot 2024-05-25 053429.jpg

That may be the dumbest shit I’ve ever read. I am happy that these Southern Sister lovers conservatives are just blatantly calling for an Autocratic regime now. But regardless of where you fall politically, the above statement is just pure shit. I suppose just being a Republican prejudiced, racist, jackass gives those that are a free pass to scream about how white Christian’s are being persecuted, then say that they are not a racist, prejudiced, jackass.

The problem with any and all politicians is the politicians that are on the extremes of their parties. Those specific groups are always the loudest, weakest, simple minded, annoying people of their party. If there is anyone that always agrees with everything that their tribe/political party believes in, those are the people to stay away from and now allow their idiotic views and beliefs to flourish. If a person can’t see the flaws of their own party, and  if anyone who falls in that group thinks the other party shouldn’t exist, then we know that person or group are just a step away from wanting a man like Putin to lead and control them. Which a large group of the mAgA party actually say out loud. 

Sipping my vice on rocks this Saturday night and got to wondering...

How many rehearsals will Jake the Snake and Slo Jo conduct prior to the 6/27 debate?
Regardless of your horse, this will be must watch tv.