which band/artist most influenced modern hard rock

boogie

i'll leave out elvis and the beatles(my 2nd fav band), i think early kinks, and cream played a big part. along with hendrix and the yardbirds. but all in all, i think zep had the biggest impact. maybe i'm wronge, but it sounds to me like a lot of bands follow their format. what do ya think?

i'll leave out elvis and the beatles(my 2nd fav band), i think early kinks, and cream played a big part. along with hendrix and the yardbirds. but all in all, i think zep had the biggest impact. maybe i'm wronge, but it sounds to me like a lot of bands follow their format. what do ya think?

I think Hendrix changed the whole sound of the elecric guitar,everything started to get heavier from then on.

after that Zep and Sabbath,and to an extent Deep purple,started the hard rock of early metal and were probably most influential.

I think Hendrix changed the whole sound of the elecric guitar,everything started to get heavier from then on.

after that Zep and Sabbath,and to an extent Deep purple,started the hard rock of early metal and were probably most influential.

True enough, but we would be need to include The Who in that equation

If cannot offer your definition of >Modern Hard Rock<... then we don't have a reference point, only musings and ramlbings...if that's what you're hoping for . . . .

Well heres my muse and ramble...

I think that Led Zeppelin set the standard but they defined hard rock rather than influenced it.

This is who I would vote for.

Allen Ginsberg and Link Wray.

1970s through mid 1990s led zeppelin. lately? i don't know , but let's not blame Zeppelin for this atrocity. modern hard rock? meth and glow sticks perhaps. maybe we waited too long to

ban lead paint , only god knows really.

• 1 month later...

Of all the bands that influenced modern rock, it seems to be Zep that has continued to have influence and whos music just doesnt date. Listen to parts of Presence, its still ahead of its time even in 2008.

Everyone was influenced by what came before, and although people automtically refer to the Beatles and Hendrix etc, over the last 10 or more years it still seems that Zep is having an unprecedented influence.

• 3 years later...

Archived