Pet Peeves

Hotplant

I think my point was valid too....

The past is the past....the present problem is all the bickering. Seems quite obvious to me. And yes, my past experience gives me a greater insight into it....

I DO know all to well about shit stirring. My opinion is valid.

I'm actually trying to CALM the shit stirring that's so prevalent here lately...look at my posts...I talk about the newbie vs. oldguard ...oldguard vs. oldguard...yes, cause that's what it is....

Have I been directly involved in these fights ? NO...I've just come in and offered a suggestion of peace....the SHIT has been stirred WAY before I say anything....I for one have tried to offer a settling effect.

I'm actually trying to CALM the shit stirring that's so prevalent here lately...look at my posts...I talk about the newbie vs. oldguard ...oldguard vs. oldguard...yes, cause that's what it is....

Have I been directly involved in these fights ? NO...I've just come in and offered a suggestion of peace....the SHIT has been stirred WAY before I say anything....I for one have tried to offer a settling effect.

I understand what you're trying to do. Its nots working but at least you tried. :console:

I understand what you're trying to do. Its nots working but at least you tried. :console:

I'm addressing CURRENT issues...and others want to bring up the past....

I've said how I feel this board is basically this same in the 5 years I've been here...all the various comings and goings....new people, old people...re-signed up people from 3 and 4 years ago etc.

Then the ones who don't agree say ...this is a NEW board...OK then..if it is....lets let the past rest...and stick with the current happenings. So I see all these fights break out..and I believe in 3 threads I've tried to come in and say...how ridiculous it is to see all the fighting and to cool the jets...then I get lambasted for trying to ease in some peace..and told basically I have no ground to stand on because of past behavior from nearly 2 years ago ?

I happen to be the one living in the NOW...talking about todays issues...I don't bring up past skeletons.

I'm addressing CURRENT issues...and others want to bring up the past....

I've said how I feel this board is basically this same in the 5 years I've been here...all the various comings and goings....new people, old people...re-signed up people from 3 and 4 years ago etc.

Then the ones who don't agree say ...this is a NEW board...OK then..if it is....lets let the past rest...and stick with the current happenings. So I see all these fights break out..and I believe in 3 threads I've tried to come in and say...how ridiculous it is to see all the fighting and to cool the jets...then I get lambasted for trying to ease in some peace..and told basically I have no ground to stand on because of past behavior from nearly 2 years ago ?

I happen to be the one living in the NOW...talking about todays issues...I don't bring up past skeletons.

If I had your skeletons I wouldn't bring them up either..

I would assume there is a little more to this current situation that meets the eye

get out of it or get caught up in it, everyone has that choice

Pet Peeve: Joelmon has 2,314 posts! Save some room for the rest of us!!!

Make that somewhere around 25,000 over 5 years ! :D

Then again....that's the past....thanks for just stirring up my current count. You seem to be in the now....too bad not everyone else is.

If I had your skeletons I wouldn't bring them up either..

I would assume there is a little more to this current situation that meets the eye

get out of it or get caught up in it, everyone has that choice

What kind of comment is that ? I've never spoken to you about any of my past. Are you relying on hear/say ? If you question my past..you ASK ME directly !

Don't you assume something and post like this....There is no 'current' situation..and your remarks here ARE out of line....it's NONE of your business....it's personal...not something public...

What I was getting 'caught up in'...were a few threads that got pulled and all I had done was point out the senseless fighting.....

I can speak about my past skeletons or not...but you have no right to even bring it up....

Have some decency...

Manual gives you far more control over the vehicle.

In Europe, people take driving lessons in cars equipped with manual transmission. Wonder how many of those driving automatic would get the license in here.

I completely agree, and I'd never drive an automatic.

But joel, this post of yours (below) in the Jane Fonda thread differs very little from the defensive posts of the members you've been attacking. Your weighings-in have seemed far more like attempts to get attention than principled interventions meant to change behavior.

You weren't even the thread starter...for you to be suggesting what the thread is about. As with nearly all threads on this forum...they take various paths....others had brought in the treason card..and I just commented on that. So it was relevant to other posts that had ventured off the apparent 'gist' the thread starter started.....

I find nothing offensive about it..to answer your question.....but there is definately a few ways this thread has gone....Threads have been morphing the whole time here....this is no different.

I completely agree, and I'd never drive an automatic.

But joel, this post of yours (below) in the Jane Fonda thread differs very little from the defensive posts of the members you've been attacking. Your weighings-in have seemed far more like attempts to get attention than principled interventions meant to change behavior.

Attacking ? I've made NO attacks whatsoever....did you even read my posts ?

I haven't been spewing the vitrolic I've seen in those few threads I've posted in.....THAT, at least, is the difference.

Obviously there is a difference. Those threads were pulled most likely on account of the content of the fights....not my observation of those therein....another difference.

1. Cry Babies!!!

Those who run to teacher, boss, mod etc and cry that someone has said something they don't like and want them told off or punished and then behind the scenes are abusive towards the very people they cried out about. :boohoo:

Lots of them about. :watchingyou:

2. People who demand respect for the slightest thing without recognising it has to be earned not given as a right.

Lots of those about too. :bagoverhead::rant::computertrash:

3. People seeking praise for doing very little and if they can't get it naturally they ask people to praise them to other people.

Only one of them about :angry:

Hey...I don't personally attack anyone here....

I'm not on any high horse. My posts speak for themselves.

Yeah and lately they seem to be focused on an imaginary "clique" and "oldguard" that you seem very happy to personally attack. Continually drawing attention to this percieved problem doesn't help matters at all and only comes over as "Hey teach! Look how bad everyone else is being! But I'm not - do I get candy?"

Yeah and lately they seem to be focused on an imaginary "clique" and "oldguard" that you seem very happy to personally attack. Continually drawing attention to this percieved problem doesn't help matters at all and only comes over as "Hey teach! Look how bad everyone else is being! But I'm not - do I get candy?"

Why do YOU take that personally ?

I've not been childish in my posts...toward you or anyone else. If I point out a 'group mentality'....how and or why do you feel the need to defend it ?

You saying "I'm not in a position" to remark or whatever...What do you mean ? I can speak my opinion here as anyone else. Past behavior, which is JUST THAT, has no bearing or relation to my post's content.

The disputes I watched did seem to have the same players in the fight....defending each other....whatever kind of 'group term' would suit that would be correct.....instead of the term oldguard....should I just use 'friends' ? Maybe that's a little better...

Why do YOU take that personally ?

I've not been childish in my posts...toward you or anyone else. If I point out a 'group mentality'....how and or why do you feel the need to defend it ?

You saying "I'm not in a position" to remark or whatever...What do you mean ? I can speak my opinion here as anyone else. Past behavior, which is JUST THAT, has no bearing or relation to my post's content.

The disputes I watched did seem to have the same players in the fight....defending each other....whatever kind of 'group term' would suit that would be correct.....instead of the term oldguard....should I just use 'friends' ? Maybe that's a little better...

You mean to tell me if your friends were getting lambasted by people you wouldn't try to help them out? You seem to view that as some clique or "old guard" and with that there appears implication it's bad to help your friends. I'm not going to stand by and let people I love and care about get hurt. I don't think that's wrong.

It just seems to me that the newest incarnation of this board is filled with a lot of know-it-alls who think their opinions are the only ones and heaven help those who differ. It's a very childish way of being and sadly, I suspect many of them are well past the age of 18.

Here comes the calvery !

I do have friends here who have been lambasted. I haven't personally defended them ON the board....but in general terms...I've pointed out the bias in the fights.

New People who get pounced on...then come back and get nasty or match nastiness hurled their way....don't have a contingent to defend them....so the dawgs just chew them up...

Here comes the calvery !

Pathetic. This perpetuates the notion that people can't have the same opinions and want to speak up without there being some kind of organised brigade that tips each-other the wink when help is needed. I have been away from the computer for a while Joel, and returned to Nine's post and then yours. Is there somehow a fault with Nine choosing to post there? Are you proposing a new forum guideline that no friends are allowed to post on the same page as each-other?

I hate it when I'm working and someone will say, give me a £10 note which I'll ring through the till and then they'll go "oh, do you want the 5p?" (or whatever) but after I've rung it all through.

My maths is terrible and it just makes me panic about trying to work out the new change.

Well annoying. <_<

I hate it when I'm working and someone will say, give me a £10 note which I'll ring through the till and then they'll go "oh, do you want the 5p?" (or whatever) but after I've rung it all through.

My maths is terrible and it just makes me panic about trying to work out the new change.

Well annoying. <_<

I'll have to bear that in mind. I always think I'm helping when i do that. :blink:

I'll have to bear that in mind. I always think I'm helping when i do that. :blink:

:lol:

Well, it is helping if you give the extra bit of change along with the note or whatever, I have no problem with that.

It's when they give the bit of change after the money has already been rung through the till that's the killer. Argh.

Archived