DALTREY GAVE LED ZEPPELIN TICKET TO CHARITY

Pete Townshend himself has admitted his "deep jealousy of Zeppelin for becoming everything that he wanted 'The Who' to become, but didn't". He fucking hates Zeppelin with a passion, always has. Daltrey also obviously doesn't care for Zeppelin either, otherwise he would have been there.

You don't wanna go, fine, don't go, but don't announce that you didn't go because you'd rather auction your tickets for the charity or because of the "celebrity bandwagon" that he felt he was too cool to be part of, which is it?

Question: If it wasn't a fundraising event and there were no celebrities at the 02 reunion, would Roger Daltrey or Pete Towshend have been there?

I seriously doubt it. And thats cool.

Gee, I didn't realize you are channeling Roger Daltry to know exactly why he did what he did.....

Me, I'll just take his word for it. B)

Pete Townshend himself has admitted his "deep jealousy of Zeppelin for becoming everything that he wanted 'The Who' to become, but didn't". He fucking hates Zeppelin with a passion, always has. Daltrey also obviously doesn't care for Zeppelin either, otherwise he would have been there.

You don't wanna go, fine, don't go, but don't announce that you didn't go because you'd rather auction your tickets for the charity or because of the "celebrity bandwagon" that he felt he was too cool to be part of, which is it?

Question: If it wasn't a fundraising event and there were no celebrities at the 02 reunion, would Roger Daltrey or Pete Towshend have been there?

Townshend was interviewed at great length by Johnnie Walker on Radio 2 not long before the O2. He was perfectly kind and respectful to Zeppelin and gave no impression of hating them, with or without a passion.

Pete Townshend himself has admitted his "deep jealousy of Zeppelin for becoming everything that he wanted 'The Who' to become, but didn't".

Dear Pete, his capacity for self-loathing is truly staggering. I'm sure in his more lucid moments though he knows he's a genius songwriter and musician.

I don't see any necessity to compare or dis either band's accomplishments -- in both cases, their music will last eons.

I must confess I too am concerned about the tickets given to Roger Daltrey's "...ass".This led[sorry] me to thinking...I'm prettty sure he's involved with trout farming or fish-breeding of some kind,so where exactly does the mule/donkey or ass get involved?Are they particularly aquatic creatures?How would such a beast wear a wristband to get into the show? Has it ordered any merchandise on-line? If so, has the stuff arrived yet? Does the ass regret missing the show?Like many other fans is it just waiting for the DVD[Don't even start that all over again!!] And...finally,what does it think of Ian Paice's Deep Purple drum solos? Thank you for your patience.All answers gratefully received...

Gee, I didn't realize you are channeling Roger Daltry to know exactly why he did what he did.....

Me, I'll just take his word for it. B)

I'm not "channeling Roger Daltry". Just stating the obvious. Look, various members from all the great bands from that era were there: Beatles-Stones-Floyd-Jeff Beck-Queen-Genesis-Yes-Aerosmith-Bad Company-the Eagles-Fleetwood Mac...the list just keeps going.

Who wasn't there? Townsehend, Daltrey, Clapton etc. Why? They don't like Led Zeppelin.

I really don't know why this is upsetting or surprising anybody.

I'm not "channeling Roger Daltry". Just stating the obvious. Look, various members from all the great bands from that era were there: Beatles-Stones-Floyd-Jeff Beck-Queen-Genesis-Yes-Aerosmith-Bad Company-the Eagles-Fleetwood Mac...the list just keeps going.

Who wasn't there? Townsehend, Daltrey, Clapton etc. Why? They don't like Led Zeppelin.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion and if that's how you view Daltry & co. failture to be at the O2 show, so be it.

And I'm not upset; I just happen to see it differently. So we'll just have to agree to disagree on that aspect. B)

I remember going to a TCT gig a couple of years back with Roger introducing Robert on stage at the Albert Hall....and Robert also played as a support act during a recent Who tour. I really doubt that Roger has anything against him. I could imagine Pete might, but only because of the relative harmony between Zeppelin's members, as opposed to the love/hate relationship between the four in the Who.

I very much doubt that Pete is that jealous of Zep as a band in terms of their success. The Who are often cited as the best live band ever. I personally think Zeppelin were/are better, but only just. For my money the Who and Led Zeppelin are the best live acts in rock. If Pete really did say Zep were the band he wanted the Who to be, I wonder in what sense? Unfortunately Pete, like Bowie, has a tendency to come out with some real crap sometimes when he makes off-the-cuff remarks.

Really? Which members?(not Bad Company - I know about them) Where did you hear that?

C'mon, you can't be serious. He "didn't want to be part of the celebrity bandwagon"?

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? What a load of shit!

If he actually cared about "the charity" he could have donated some of his own money

and still have gone to the show with the tickets that Zeppelin so kindly gave to his ass.

The truth is that he and Pete Townshend are both two jealous bastards.

"Heart of Gold", thats pretty damn funny.

Daltrey spends a considerable amount of time and energy working with the Teenage Cancer Trust (as previously mentioned) even at his own expense. You seem like you have some axe to grind.

Yes, Daltrey hates Zeppelin so much he covered Kashmir, the ultimate sign of disrespect...

Kashmir

If you actually read anything about it, you'd have learned that it wasn't that Daltrey was avoiding the "bandwagon" or that he didn't want to go. He just thought it was more worthwhile to allow the tickets to go to charity and help those in need.

Yes, Daltrey hates Zeppelin so much he covered Kashmir, the ultimate sign of disrespect...

Kashmir

If you actually read anything about it, you'd have learned that it wasn't that Daltrey was avoiding the "bandwagon" or that he didn't want to go. He just thought it was more worthwhile to allow the tickets to go to charity and help those in need.

People, this wasn't the fucking Jerry Lewis Telethon here, this was 'THE' Led Zeppelin Reunion. Roger Daltrey could have gone to the show and donated some of his own money too.

I guess MCartney, Jagger, Gilmoure, Jeff Beck, Brian May, Peter Gabriel etc., should all feel guilty for having the audacity to be at this special event.

I just don't like the way Daltrey is trying to make himself out to be some kind of a fucking hero for skipping the Zeppelin Reunion. I don't buy it, not at all.

What surprises me is your attitude that you're absolutely convinced Townsend and Daltrey hate Zep and their not being there was some sort of bad move on their part. With that line of thinking, you could question why weren't a ton of other musicians there? I didn't take Roger's gesture as trying to be "heroic". It was an act of kindness which I think is admirable. I don't take it as therefore he hates Zep. Same with Townsend.

What surprises me is your attitude that you're absolutely convinced Townsend and Daltrey hate Zep and their not being there was some sort of bad move on their part. With that line of thinking, you could question why weren't a ton of other musicians there? I didn't take Roger's gesture as trying to be "heroic". It was an act of kindness which I think is admirable. I don't take it as therefore he hates Zep. Same with Townsend.

I really do think that Townshend and Daltrey don't like Zep. But it doesn't matter. Besides, who are we to say that they don't like eachother? None of us know them or their situation.

What surprises me is your attitude that you're absolutely convinced Townsend and Daltrey hate Zep.

I never said Daltrey "hates" Zeppelin, but I know Townshend does, he's said it many times. Let me make one thing clear here, I happen to adore The Who and Clapton and Keith Richards and many others who don't appreciate Zeppelin.

I also know that all these guys are all friends, and have been for a long time.

But, there's been plenty of animosity and competition between these bands in the past (with Led Zeppelin being the problem) and obviously, it still lingers.

I never said Daltrey "hates" Zeppelin, but I know Townshend does, he's said it many times.

Let me make one thing clear here, I happen to adore The Who and Clapton and Keith Richards

and many others who don't appreciate Zeppelin. I also know that all these guys are all friends,

and have been for a long time. But, there's been plenty of animosity and competition between

these bands in the past (with Led Zeppelin being the problem) and obviously, it still lingers.

Jeez, you'd think they would have grown out of that.

People, this wasn't the fucking Jerry Lewis Telethon here, this was 'THE' Led Zeppelin Reunion. Roger Daltrey could have gone to the show and donated some of his own money too.

I guess MCartney, Jagger, Gilmoure, Jeff Beck, Brian May, Peter Gabriel etc., should all feel guilty for having the audacity to be at this special event.

I just don't like the way Daltrey is trying to make himself out to be some kind of a fucking hero for skipping the Zeppelin Reunion. I don't buy it, not at all.

Where is Daltry trying to make himself to be a hero?

Archived