What about a new Page and Jones collaboration?

PIPPIN

the problem here is I bet after Page & Plant they'd feel guilty about not inviting the others. obviously with Plant involved it would be hailed as LZ, which they probably won't want, and if Bonham is involved it would probably be hailed as LZ also. these guys don't have much flexibility when working together since anytime two or more of them play everyone starts screaming about LZ.

but I do think it would be a cool pairing B)

I'll tell you one thing. It will be more of a hard rock album than walking into clarksdale. Im sure there will be some softer stuff, but i think massive drums, bass lines that go everwhere and guitar solo's on top of guitar solo. Somwhat like Presence

I, too would like to hear something new. No more Zeppelin repackages. I heard the songs in a different order when I bought the 4-- C.D. box set. I would bet a Page/Jones collaboration would have some good stuff to listen too. I also have hope, however misguided it might be.

If they don't want to tick off any singers in the area, have them do instrumentals!!!

I'm serious, and I haven't done any drugs since yesterday!!!

You still have any hope, after all those years? :lol: Good girl, good Pagette!

:D

Yes, I'm still clinging onto those annual Guitar World interviews that all say " I'll be starting my solo album in the new year..." :rolleyes:

...I just can't accept that he will not do anything ever again and that I will never see him. :lol:

I would LOVE that!David Coverversion could do vocals! :lol: In fact,he probably would!He's a pretty big Plant fan.

Do i want Zep to tour?Yes.

DDo i think they will?No.

I'm glad songbird is more optimistic,Page owes us something,anything,i'll even take another Coverdale/Page! (I don't hate it,but its not as good as Zep

Do i want the o2 released as a DVD?Yes.

Do i think it will be?No.

I think that's the last installment to the Zep legacy ever,and that kinda pisses me off,a little,damn you Robert Plant!

Damn,i'd go in through Roberts out door for a tour! :lol:

I would LOVE that!David Coverversion could do vocals! :lol: In fact,he probably would!He's a pretty big Plant fan.

Do i want Zep to tour?Yes.

DDo i think they will?No.

I'm glad songbird is more optimistic,Page owes us something,anything,i'll even take another Coverdale/Page! (I don't hate it,but its not as good as Zep

Do i want the o2 released as a DVD?Yes.

Do i think it will be?No.

I think that's the last installment to the Zep legacy ever,and that kinda pisses me off,a little,damn you Robert Plant!

Damn,i'd go in through Roberts out door for a tour! :lol:

No comment, this time! :P

Time for them to work with unknowns, not the obvious people who are wheeled out of the pantry - new blood fresh approach - we want to be suprised. I think a Page/ Jones collaboration could be as intense and powerful as Page/ Plant, just different instruments.

I personally wouldn't care if they didn't play any Zep, after seeing Plant & Page in 1995-6 I found their strongest material was their "new" songs. I'd love to hear what Page and Jones would offer, it would probably be very refreshing and liberating.

Female vocals ??? Bizarre acoustic instruments ???

I'm sure Plant would only be happy for his old pals to get creative together.

That would be cool... Page just needs to do SOMETHING already, I don't care what it is anymore!!

So do I. Working with Jonesy would still be cool, though. I just want Jimmy to release his new material some way!

the problem here is I bet after Page & Plant they'd feel guilty about not inviting the others. obviously with Plant involved it would be hailed as LZ, which they probably won't want, and if Bonham is involved it would probably be hailed as LZ also. these guys don't have much flexibility when working together since anytime two or more of them play everyone starts screaming about LZ.

but I do think it would be a cool pairing B)

I don't think Page or Jones really care whether or not what they do is labeled "Led Zeppelin." Plant is the only one who has had trouble with the name.

Frankly, any Plant, Page or Jones project, solo, or collaboration of two or three of them would be a big deal here.

:D

Yes, I'm still clinging onto those annual Guitar World interviews that all say " I'll be starting my solo album in the new year..." :rolleyes:

...I just can't accept that he will not do anything ever again and that I will never see him. :lol:

:lol:

Yes. <_<

Yes, I'm definitely still planning to use those t-shirts, although the Pagedom crew has changed rapidly since then.

Agreed Songbird, I want more. Page and Jones did well before taking on a couple of relative unknowns, might pay off again.

I like your thinking. :)

A female vocalist is a fabulous idea, too.

And they can call it whatever they want, they're creative guys...

Maybe they will just forget Robert's phone number.....

Or they could get him to park the cars... :whistling:

• 7 months later...
I like your thinking. :)

A female vocalist is a fabulous idea, too.

And they can call it whatever they want, they're creative guys...

Seems that it's time for Page and Jones to explore their creative juices without Robert...and possibly without Jason. If Page and Plant was a Middle-Eastern flavour, what would a Jones and Page one be?

A No Quarter feel? Instrumentals?

Archived