What are you watching on TV now?

roblindblad

"Inventing Anna" on Netflix.  I am only on episode 3 of this 9 episode limited series.  Anna is played by the remarkable Julia Garner (the " Don't take no Shit from anyone" Ruth Langmore of the equally remarkable Netflix series, "Ozark").  

The final 7 episodes of "Ozark" returns to Netflix on April 29, 2002.  Can't wait.

4 hours ago, kingzoso said:

"Inventing Anna" on Netflix.  I am only on episode 3 of this 9 episode limited series.  Anna is played by the remarkable Julia Garner (the " Don't take no Shit from anyone" Ruth Langmore of the equally remarkable Netflix series, "Ozark").  

The final 7 episodes of "Ozark" returns to Netflix on April 29, 2002.  Can't wait.

Sorry, I meant 2022.  Still can't wait.

13 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

NOOOOOOOOO!!! Don't let the first couple of episodes fool you, it's a big setup. Starting with episode 3 it gets good again and arguably, better than the prior seasons. 

I think the overarching point of season 6 is that even someone who considers themselves to be an "ethical" billionaire is still a billionaire above all else and the drive to become a billionaire trumps everything. The plotlines, the sub plots, the actions are all top notch but I agree, I was about to turn it off when I thought, meh, I will watch episode 3 and if it still sucks I'm out.

Trust me, the wokeness is gone after ep#2 and it appears it was used as a deliberate plot point.

I really like Damien Lewis as an actor and was disappointed he left but the slow momentum which starts with Prince has him in full Lord of the Realm mode by ep#3. The really neat aspect is Prince is always controlled and open to new ideas which is a 180 from Damien Lewis character. Prince sees himself as a savior, a Cincinnatus for New York when in reality he is just another petty dictator in a line of petty dictators.

Not true!  The description of the New York police as "State sanctioned killers" was in Episode 6.  After I heard that statement, I changed the channel and shall never return to that woke piece of shit season ever again.  Seasons 1-5 I will re-watch someday when the bile taste of wokeness dissipates from my palette.  

I'm watching anything that doesn't feature Pimple Poppers, Plane crashes, 1,000lb People, Little People, Spoiled surgically deformed rich housewives, Pet Surgeries, Human Interventions, Nature shows featuring Penguins & Turtles, and any search for aliens that features Georgio Tsoukalas.  Thanks to my cable provider, this basically leaves me with the movie, "Roadhouse".  All hail the vertically challenged that can kick everyone's ass and get the girl too!  

3 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

I'm watching anything that doesn't feature Pimple Poppers, Plane crashes, 1,000lb People, Little People, Spoiled surgically deformed rich housewives, Pet Surgeries, Human Interventions, Nature shows featuring Penguins & Turtles, and any search for aliens that features Georgio Tsoukalas.  Thanks to my cable provider, this basically leaves me with the movie, "Roadhouse".  All hail the vertically challenged that can kick everyone's ass and get the girl too!  

:goodpost:

Stay golden Pony-Boy 🙂 

On 4/8/2022 at 4:33 AM, Bong-Man said:

"Friedkin Uncut"

Interesting watch.  Knew his movies, but not much about the man himself.  Can't honestly say I liked him after watching.  Directors are a strange breed though.  :'(

Damn it man, you just made me watch The Exorcist! I have watched that movie at least 15 times over the years but this time I was watching for the composition, the editing, cinematography, etc. This really is a great film, just a beautifully shot movie. The way the film itself was shot, and the actual film stock from that era is just so warm and deep. I really miss the way film looked and was shot in the late 60's-mid 70's. 

Those movies were art in motion.

About to begin the 2nd season of "Boardwalk Empire".  I started watching it about 6 years ago but never got past season 2.  I am determined to finish it (5 seasons in all) in the next couple of weeks.  I have no idea how the series ends.  Great series so far.  I like the 'semi-historical' aspect of the show.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the final episode of "Ozark".  Another great series up there with my usual favorites:  Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Homeland, Ray Donovan, etc...

I highly recommend anyone who reads this to invest some time and watch any (or) all of these shows (time permitted, of course).  To me, it is (was) worth it.

53 minutes ago, kingzoso said:

Just finished the final episode of "Ozark".  Another great series up there with my usual favorites:  Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Homeland, Ray Donovan, etc...

I highly recommend anyone who reads this to invest some time and watch any (or) all of these shows (time permitted, of course).  To me, it is (was) worth it.

I hope I share your sentiments about the ending, because I too have enjoyed it thus far.  I'll watch the second half of this last season this weekend.

1 hour ago, Snickybomb said:

Just wondering who else is watching the Depp trial?  Surely, Jimmy is since he and JD are so close.

96D6772A-243E-44FF-8AEB-A0A29F869376.webp

I would think he's got better things to do. But then again, he is not playing or has an album to promote, so who knows...