Jimmy w/ Puff Daddy

Darth Zoso

Wow sensitive subject. I too cringed when I first heard it. But seeing Jimmy smile on MTV while being interviewed by Carson Daily, with the puff do0ody I thought, He is enjoying himself so WTF. Robert pushed him into a bit if you didn't know. He told him it would be good for him. :rolleyes:

I must be among the minority because I love "Come With Me" with Puff Daddy featuring JP.

If you listen to the track, the musical portion is pure Zeppelin, not compromised in the least. I think I read that is Bonzo's drum track on the song.

I happen to think Puffy brings an edge to the song.

I don't like the performance on SNL, but I do love the video and the audio track.

DITTO

Best post-Zeppelin sounding "Kashmir" imo :thumbsup:

Did you see the SNL live version? Not bad. I am not a fan of the puff do0ody, but he was very respectful of Jimmy and Jimmy was happy to do it.

I love it. & agree completely with your post.

I did enjoy the drummer they had for the SNL performance, he was pretty bad-ass.

Yeh, he was!

I must be among the minority because I love "Come With Me" with Puff Daddy featuring JP.

Same here!

I like it and I'm not a P Diddy/Puff Daddy/Diddy fan at all. I dont' view it as a career "low" for Jimmy. He was venturing into a different area musically. That to me is a good thing.

:thumbsup:

BTW, aren't you the same person who using a different name on the old board wanted people to be trampled to death outside the O2? Speaking of "you really ought to know better."

Pretty sure it isn't...

Don't confuse me with anonymous posters on another board, as you so clearly are.

If this means the person I think it does, you're wrong...not her.

I couldn't take my eyes off the drummer on the SNL version. I could enjoy it for him and Page.

I am in disbelief at the career PD has made off doing bad remakes. If memory serves, the first time I had the misfortune to hear him was a completely unnecessary remake of Every Breath You Take. Now he has his own clothing line. Diversify the sucking.

I love "come with me" ... it's groovy and it's modern (at that moment)

If you really know LZ you can't refuse this kind of "experimentalism" even if it is for real money or else ...

What? LZ so famous for so many different songs and innovation and revitalizing on the same old things ... so what?

Did you listen to Mighty Rearrenger ... ??

Anyway, IMO I like the song and also the linked video with the LZ intro of Kashmere

That's still our music!!!

yeah the song is can we say vaginal discharge here? no? maybe? well the song is a leaking breast implant, the beautiful girl it's slowly putrefying inside of is kashmir. if puff weedy wants to be a walking billboard advertisement for zeppelin every time he plays that malicious negligent surgery of an ugly ass song live. i see no problem with it. i was glad it happened because i got to see jimmy on the t.v.

yeah the song is can we say vaginal discharge here? no? maybe? well the song is a leaking breast implant, the beautiful girl it's slowly putrefying inside of is kashmir. if puff weedy wants to be a walking billboard advertisement for zeppelin every time he plays that malicious negligent surgery

of an ugly ass song live. i see no problem with it. i was glad it happened because i got to see jimmy on the t.v.

A very uncouth post you've made on the official forum.

Although I don't like this song it doesn't make me lose any respect for Jimmy. If he is proud of it and enjoyed recording it there's no problem with that, then I'm all happy for him. And I think that it's pretty cool of him to do it for his son so that he could be proud of his dad (assuming that it is true and I don't take a joke for granted :unsure: ). I mean, that some of us don't like the song doesn't mean the young kids of his son's age didn't like it back then either.

it sounded great at the end of Godzilla when i was 12 in the movies, and had no idea who jimmy page or zeppelin were.

This was the intent behind the project and it was successful. Jimmy's son could tell

his middle school classmates see, that's MY DAD playing guitar.

I like it and bought it myself !! I do not like C rap music as a rule but I thought the arrangement was great, very in your face although its the music I liked and not the Poof Daddy vocal !!!

Archived