New Jimmy Interview

ledwallett

Why do you ask questions and then get all up in arms about the answers?! I think everyone needs a good night sleep. I'm hitting the sack, I have to get up too early tomorrow (anything before 9 a.m is too early for me :D )

I'm not "up in arms", I just got the (false) impression from the thread subtitle that some fake interviews with Page where in circulation. Dated quotes are one thing, entirely fabricated interviews are entirely another.

Edited by Jahfin

I'm not "up in arms", I just got the (false) impression from the thread subtitle that some fake interviews with Page where in circulation. Dated quotes are one thing, entirely fabricated interviews are entirely another.

It's accurate. You are using semantics to make a point, but what you are not understanding is, the quotes used out of context, (and date) to gain attention, is disingenuous. So in essence this was an interview that could be quoted as fact to the matter.

I agree here but I'm sure no on here will agree with where I say he needs the motivation from.......the drummer. Robert slogs around on stage because he's got no real heavy thumpin' ass beat behind him to make him move.

Someone hasn't seen the drummer he's playing with now. The guy's a fucking monster! A real standout player in a standout show. Phenomenal!

Oh, and Robert and Alison's Battle of Evermore and Black Country Woman slay any live version ever done by anyone else, including Led Zeppelin (sorry Jonesy). I for one can clearly see here the forest through the trees.

Robert: Ghost in This House. Do it. Ask Alison. :beer:

I guess that makes me a "Percy Apologist". But I like it scs. I make no apologies for that.

scs, don't you think yoiur flogging a dead horse with your Plant issues ? He's touring with Alison for the forseeable future and that is not going to change no matter how much you want it to. Accept and try to enjoy. If you can't enjoy then....just leave it alone for the time being.

Someone hasn't seen the drummer he's playing with now. The guy's a fucking monster! A real standout player in a standout show. Phenomenal!

He really is amazing! Even on Monday when the show was a little more subdued compared to the fabulousness of Tuesday, this guy was so on.

Oh, and Robert and Alison's Battle of Evermore and Black Country Woman slay any live version ever done by anyone else, including Led Zeppelin (sorry Jonesy). I for one can clearly see here the forest through the trees.

I guess that makes me a "Percy Apologist". But I like it scs. I make no apologies for that.

You skipped a few people to say sorry to here. It's ok though, because they all understand what a few beers can do to someones ears. :D

Jahfin has an abiding appreciation for precision and accuracy seldom found in others. I commend him for it.

No probs for me....I just don't think ya need that level of precision or accuracy unless your running our country or cutting me open :lol:

BTW....there seems to be a lot of that around here... :rolleyes:

Things are not alway's as they seem. If you were to meet RP in a pub somewhere and he told you that THIS is exactly what he wants to do and is no longer interested in Led Zeppelin, would you believe him?

Yeah I'd believe him! When you don't include the fact that you were lead singer for Led Zeppelin for 12 years of your life on your own website, the writing is on the pub wall. And you don't need a handwriting expert to figure him out when he admits singing at the reunion concert was "embarrassing." He's done with Zep. I didn't want to believe it but I do now. :(

ps- I like the video in the red-carpet Mojo interview, but I wish John Paul had a chance to get a few more words in... and what little he did say I couldn't hear! Translation anyone?

Robert absolutely LOVED singing with Zeppelin at the reunion show. He was very proud. I'm afraid that the idea that he found it "embarrassing" has been dragged up totally out of context by the Plant-bashers and if you read it somewhere in that way ZepT, I'd urge you not to believe it.

He is just happy with what he is doing now and what he intends to do further with this project. I can see why.

Robert absolutely LOVED singing with Zeppelin at the reunion show. He was very proud. I'm afraid that the idea that he found it "embarrassing" has been dragged up totally out of context by the Plant-bashers and if you read it somewhere in that way ZepT, I'd urge you not to believe it.

He is just happy with what he is doing now and what he intends to do further with this project. I can see why.

Oh I don't deny he was proud to get the job done for Ahment at the reunion show- as he implied at the end of Stairway- but there's a direct quote from him in Uncut sayng he was embarassed. It's here, on the official site's news page: ledzeppelin.com

Interpretation debates are endless.

btw- what does Robert mean by this? Speaking in the new (May 2008) edition, Robert Plant commented on the huge success of their December reunion show at London's O2 Arena: "Hopefully, one day, we could do it again. Our profit is - it's metaphysical."

Jimmy talks in run-on sentences, John Paul mumbles, and Robert speaks in hippyese. I love these guys dearly, but just once I'd like to hear a straight-forward answer! :P

"Someone" saw him from the 1st row at the Borgata in Atlantic City. He was fine for what he does. My point which was obviously lost was the reason we don't see alot of interest from Plant for ZEP reunion. Because past drummers haven't seemed to get him into it which I think makes him miss Bonzo even more and realize how pointless it really is without him. Is someone insinuating that the drummer from AK/RP band should fill in for Bonzo? I sincerely hope not.

Edited by bonzo1026

"Someone" saw him from the 1st row at the Borgata in Atlantic City. He was fine for what he does. My point which was obviously lost was the reason we don't see alot of interest from Plant for ZEP reunion. Because past drummer can;t seem to get him into it. Is someone insinuating that the drummer from AK/RP band should fill in for Bonzo? I sincerely hope not.

Think what you want, it's your opinion, but I find it outrageous to post that ak/Plant is better at doing Zep songs then Zep is, and no one here has the balls to say a word about it. What a joke.

Think what you want, it's your opinion, but I find it outrageous to post that ak/Plant is better at doing Zep songs then Zep is, and no one here has the balls to say a word about it. What a joke.

It's outrageous to post an opinion - and an informed one at that?

Why am I not surprised. B)

Oh I don't deny he was proud to get the job done for Ahment at the reunion show- as he implied at the end of Stairway- but there's a direct quote from him in Uncut sayng he was embarassed. It's here, on the official site's news page: ledzeppelin.com

Interpretation debates are endless.

I read that interview at the time - (in fact I think I even scanned it in for the forum) - it is clear as day that he is NOT saying he was embarrassed to be singing with Zeppelin.

Interpretation debates are endless when you want to have someone to blame. Robert makes himself an easy target. Good thing he's also big enough to take it. B)

Edited by Knebby

It's outrageous to post an opinion - and an informed one at that?

Why am I not surprised. B)

Talk about twisting a post. No where does it say it is outrageous to post an opinion. It is kind of surprising with all the die hard Led heads we have here, no one rebutted the comment in a moment of defence for there favorite band. Then again, who else was there to form an opinion otherwise, and can compare the two. No one on Gods green earth can perform a Led Zeppelin song better then Led Zeppelin itself. That is my opinion.