• Immigrant Song
    • Since I've Been Loving You
    • Communication Breakdown
    • Dazed and Confused
    • Thank You
    • Whole Lotta Love
    • D'yer Maker
    • Achilles Last Stand

I don't wanna see a link to another topic like this because I know it's been done this is based on the music video views on Youtube listed in order from most viewed to least viewed in the top 12.In case you wondering When The Levee Breaks is #13.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its Kashmir, because according to an interview, Robert Plant was asked about the defenitive song being Stairway to Heaven, but he quickly corrected the interviewer, and said "No, Kashmir is"

I forgot who was interviewing him, but I read it in the Mothership booklet, that he said that

In my opinion, no single song defines Led Zeppelin. Plant has cited Kashmir, and maybe that song resonates with the essence of what he believes Zeppelin to be. But I can't settle. To chose one statement would leave so much out of it. It's like saying John 3:16 defines the Bible. Not that I hold them on the same level by any means, but I think it illustrates my point.

If I remember rightly, the main reason he chose Kashmir (and I think I've read something similar from Jimmy, but don't quote me) was that each member of the band had an equal amount of input, and excelled in each case, to the point where the end result didn't just transcend but defined the four of them. Of course, that could be argued about several other songs, but I think I'm with Robert on that one.

I just can't pick one Aqua. There would just be so many "What would it be like without...'s" y'know? No Achilles? No Whole Lotta? It's like asking what's the definitive dish in a perfect Thanksgiving meal. "Yeah, the turkey was fantastic, but those yams! And the stuffing!".

Don't get me started on the Custard Pie! ;)

and the wine...

I just can't pick one Aqua. There would just be so many "What would it be like without...'s" y'know? No Achilles? No Whole Lotta? It's like asking what's the definitive dish in a perfect Thanksgiving meal. "Yeah, the turkey was fantastic, but those yams! And the stuffing!".

Don't get me started on the Custard Pie! ;)

and the wine...

No, I know exactly what you mean. But if I had to sit down and think, on which song is each one of them contributing brilliantly and distinctively, and the overall result is beyond wonderful, I'd always come back to two--IMTOD and Kashmir. And IMTOD is my all-time favorite, but it doesn't have that equality between all four of them that Kashmir has, for me.

(Also--I'd always pick the stuffing, no question. :D )

But for somebody else, Moby Dick could define the band, which is why this sort of thing is doesn't really mean much. :lol:

But for somebody else, Moby Dick could define the band, which is why this sort of thing is doesn't really mean much. :lol:

Exactly! :D

I'm not dumping on the poll starters. I just can't pick a favorite song, album, member, etc. They're all brushstrokes in a larger masterpiece.

I'm not dumping on the poll starters. I just can't pick a favorite song, album, member, etc. They're all brushstrokes in a larger masterpiece.

Yeah, I agree.

Except that for once in my life, I actually can make a decision (in this case, on the brushstroke that to ME is the best). :lol: But of course I'm not saying that my choice should be everybody else's choice.

Yeah, I agree.

Except that for once in my life, I actually can make a decision (in this case, on the brushstroke that to ME is the best). :lol: But of course I'm not saying that my choice should be everybody else's choice.

Tongues of lilting grace? Yeah, I see your point.

I know, I'm a dirty man. Humble apologies. :bagoverhead:

Me neither :D It's all subjective anyways and what's the best for one person may not be for others.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It has to be 'Stairway'. I know Plant says Kashmir and i understand why, but people actually ask, "What's your stairway?" when asking what someones best and/or most famous is........ ie. Da Vinci's 'Stairway' is the Mona Lisa.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived