Spats' Loveblahblahblah Thread

Lake of Shadows

But you are better off without her. You didn't even like her. And any woman that wants you too show off for her isn't worth the time.

Do you want a bang or do you want to get married? Isn't a bang worth showing off a little bit? If you show off some, maybe you will at least get to bump nasties with her and who knows, it could turn into something. :banana:

Spats, I feel your pain.

I had a pair of L.A. Gear in elementary school that had the red lights in the soles... I don't think I have to tell you just how much ass those got me in the tubes on the play-place at recess...

Anyways, this one day I was running along - lights just a'flashin so fast, they were pretty much just solid beams of light, right?

Anyways, I was just about to zoom passed this one girl named Emily.., one I really hated the guts of at the time, but my older internal self, a'la the Wonder Years narrator, somehow knew that I should attempt to win this girls heart. I could only think of one thing capable of winning this girl over.., it was settled.

Just as I was about to perform my flashiest and most complex maneuver ever performed in a kids size 5 set of L.A. Gear - a real, I mean real flashy move that, for some reason, my narrator always called "a desparate attempt to get noticed by Maddame Emily" - right as she glanced over at me... the lights burnt out on my right shoe. I had run many drills in the past to plan for such an event, after all, one shoe was still going.., countermeasures, you know? But no such measure dare be taken in the middle of a move like this. One upset in balance and it'd be scraped up knees for a solid week... not even close to being worth it.

So I landed a few feet away, and walked slowly to the edge of the amazingly deadly aluminum slide that, just 2 years prior, just as Emily had done to me today, I had made the mistake of going down head first without a shirt on on a hot sticky day, which had caused me a great deal of pain and suffering, ultimately costing me the Hampton Elementary title in the Pogs championship... I sat, just staring at her... the whole time I was there, she never so much as looked at me... she was so dissapointed in me... so dissapointed.

:hysterical:

as much as i hesitate to respond in the spats thread...i'm literally crying here... :hysterical:

Thanks Tangerine. It's nice to be missed. I don't think i am used to that.:D

Your welcome. I just wish you had asked her for her number. Then if she said no at least you wouldn't be feeling bad now. Well i hope you're not dwelling on her. She isn't worth it if she couldn't call you, even if it was just to talk. Although, when you think about it. Maybe she is as afraid to make the first move as you were. Spats, you need to start working on your self-esteem and women pick up's now so you will be ready next Spring (seriously).

This is not a decade of values you are trying to re-write it's HISTORY.

If such an agressive woman is to be found, I highly doubt that she would go for the passive I-got more-hangups-than-Woody Allen types, but by all means...keep going with you're plan.

It works so well.

That's bull. There are plenty of women that don't let "history" keep them sitting on their backsides waitng and waiting for a man to do his "duty". The women that want that tradition to continue are sooo not cool. And i don't want a girl like that.

If such an agreesive woman is to be found??? Is calling a guy so agressive?????

Shazam!Rorer is right on Spats.Lou Ann Poovey was quite the hottie.Absorb the valuable input of your fellow forum friendly fanatical fertility philosophers forever.Your resolution could be as close as this forum is to you.Apply,apply.

Translate this message please. I have no idea who lou anne poovey is.

Do you want a bang or do you want to get married? Isn't a bang worth showing off a little bit? If you show off some, maybe you will at least get to bump nasties with her and who knows, it could turn into something. :banana:

I want more than a bang but i don't want to get married. I am not performing tricks for any woman. And would not want a woman who wanted me to do that.

Your welcome. I just wish you had asked her for her number. Then if she said no at least you wouldn't be feeling bad now. Well i hope you're not dwelling on her. She isn't worth it if she couldn't call you, even if it was just to talk. Although, when you think about it. Maybe she is as afraid to make the first move as you were. Spats, you need to start working on your self-esteem and women pick up's now so you will be ready next Spring (seriously).

I want to be getting some action before next spring. :o

Anyways, i find it hard to be believe she would be afraid to make the first move. I gave her my number for a reason. There is no mixed signals here like there usually are when it's the other way around. If a guy gives a girl his number it's because he wants to hook up sometime.

This is not a decade of values you are trying to re-write it's HISTORY.

If such an agressive woman is to be found, I highly doubt that she would go for the passive I-got more-hangups-than-Woody Allen types, but by all means...keep going with you're plan.

It works so well.

Hang on, hang on....

"If such an agressive woman is to be found"....? What do you mean? I know dozens of girls and women who ask men out. I would describe myself as rather introverted, but it's always me who does the approaching.

Otherwise you're right. Passive men are simply uninteresting.

Although there are very interesting exceptions. :wub:

I want more than a bang but i don't want to get married. I am not performing tricks for any woman. And would not want a woman who wanted me to do that.

You mean if I hold a dog biscuit up for you and say "Dance Spats, Dance!" you won't go around in circles with your little hands in the air?

I think that's OK Spats

A connection is just that, either it happens or it doesn't.....food for thought Spats.

Traditionally, a man asks a woman out. I can honestly say that I have never asked a woman out. I have expressed interest but I have never actually asked. Do us men like rejection? No, most of us don't so again, take what I'm saying as food for thought. Next time, express your interest (just don't give your email or facebook addy), and let the chips fall where they may. There will be lots of "next times", some will work out, some won't....chalk them in columns.

Tortellini!

Its good that you want more than a "bang" also, but lets not mention "bang" or any sexual terms when you express interest in a girl.....just my two cents...

Edited by Ronniedawg

When you do land her - some future advice:

The majority of women loves a guy that can cook, clean, do laundry, shop, take care of the kids, be thoughtful - don't let them carry heavy things or take out the garbage when you're sitting on the couch, suprise them with small gifts (even cards), provide an ear and/or back/foot rubs, draw a bath. The first five examples some consider foreplay.

Believe me......

Edited by Ronniedawg

Personally, if a guy just gave me his number, expecting me to call him, I would consider him an arrogant chump.

It depends on what you say when you give it. I didn't give her my number in a arrogant way. Exactly the opposite.

A connection is just that, either it happens or it doesn't.....food for thought Spats.

Traditionally, a man asks a woman out. I can honestly say that I have never asked a woman out. I have expressed interest but I have never actually asked. Do us men like rejection? No, most of us don't so again, take what I'm saying as food for thought. Next time, express your interest (just don't give your email or facebook addy), and let the chips fall where they may. There will be lots of "next times", some will work out, some won't....chalk them in columns.

Tortellini!

Its good that you want more than a "bang" also, but lets not mention "bang" or any sexual terms when you express interest in a girl.....just my two cents...

Good for you that you haven't asked women out. More power to you. I am like you.

I expressed my interest by giving her my number and i let the chips fall. Boy, did they fall. Next time a girl has no interest she should not even accept the number. Just say you are not interested.

I am checing them in columns alright. The rejection column outnumbers the success column overall.

What I meant was, I was hoping this thread would continue to be ignored until it was on page 20 or something. It was nice not having this at the top of the first page.

OK, gotcha! (I did suspect that it was something like that, actually ...) :D