NFL - SEASON 08!

eagle87

Mangani didnt deserve to be fired. The Jets must be luring Cowher.

Going from 4-12 to 9-7, and beating some good teams, it doesn't seem justified. But consistently showing nothing against weak teams falls on the coach. If they keep Farve, he will continue to be careless in his throwing choices. This is not an appealing job opening for any decent coaches that are available, as Cowher showed by immediately rejecting the chance.

Perhaps the best game ever if not for the great comeback by Buffalo against the Oilers, when down over 30 in the second half. Remember Frank Reich. The greatest comeback of all time in NFL history.

That was some comeback. I think that was the only time I ever saw any excitement over the Bills by my friends, even though we're all lifelong New York residents. That was the same season that ended with the missed Norwood field goal vs. the Giants. No one thought the Giants had much of a chance against them, they had a great all-around offense and a playmaking defense.

Seems like the Vikings just lost it, not sure if it was just bad coaching or the players. It looked promising for a moment, when the Eagles had a 2 point lead.

They did pretty well on defense, but they need help in their passing game. That Westbrook can sure be frustrating - all that effort to control him most of the game, then he breaks a long one...

Why did my playoff experience have to be ruined by seeing Matt Millen in the tv booth ? :angry:

How about that spot with Frank the impersonator doing George Bush - praising the Lions for representing their American persistence with "Mission Accomplished"?

How about that spot with Frank the impersonator doing George Bush - praising the Lions for representing their American persistence with "Mission Accomplished"?

Never saw it. That click you heard was an estimated 1.5 million tvs in the Detroit area flipping the channel as soon as his puss appeared on the screen...Mea Culpa this, asshole !

http://www.freep.com/article/20090104/COL0...025/1048/sports

I did see the 0-16 team portrait on Fox though. :D

Have the Lions hired a coach yet?

No, and it won't matter who it is. They kept both of Millen's minions in the front office (Lewand & Mayhew). It's leadership by committee, and any coach will have to deal with one of those two guys having Ford's ear. Hopefully, the fans that are left will respond accordingly and stay home. Nothing speaks louder to a billionaire than empty seats.....and empty show rooms.

I think we should end all the suspense and take Michael Crabtree.

You're kind of harsh on Dick Jauron. Players do seem to love him, including when he was here. I think his only drawback is that he expects players to be professionals and motivate themselves, which he did as a player. That works fine for most, but some need a proverbial kick in the ass to bring out their best. He proved at Chicago that if the talent is there, he won't hold a team back.

Hey Eagles 87. Conrats. I have an old Eagles frined that is celebrating somewhere. I believe they will beat the Giants and then play Carolina in a toss up game for the NFC title. Like their chances to go all the way. But I said that San Diego was a very dangerous team. But if Thomlinson is done, I dont think they can win it all. So it could be an all Pennsylvania Super Bowl. Philly and Pittsburgh. Possible. But I cant rule anything out except, Arizona has no chance in the East.

hi man, whats up?.. Thanks, im damn happy. I agree with you in everything, but im taking (like they are doing it) one game at a time.

It would be very nice to see an Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Philadelphia Eagles Super Bowl, but for now we/they need to keep the good work.

Go EAGLES!!!!

Hi all,

Titans had 3 times the offense in the first half though...255 to 95 and couldn't capitalize. :(

I made it to the store and have some brewskis on ice ! :D Will pop one in about 10 minutes.

Damn, I feel like I won the lottery today. It's about time.

Good call! :drunk:

KB

Archived