NFL - SEASON 08!

eagle87

Im here my friend Yukon... Thinking about this Sunday!!!...

As I already said, im happy to see the Eagles go this far. And if they win the NFC Championship, i don't really care how's gonna be the opponent. Vs Steelers would be excelent and vs Ravens would be very interesting.

Im very satisfied with the Defense. I would like to see a little more from the offense.

One game at a time... Keep the good work my Eagles!!!

You have two things in your favor. Its very hard to beat a team three times in a season. Also, I heard that Pittsburgh is like 1-5 in home championship games (AFC)?

But Pittsburgh has never lost a post-season game to anyone in the division.

The only way we are going to lose to Baltimore is turnovers - a possibility against a strong Baltimore defense - or a poor performance by our special teams which is the Steeler's biggest problem this season along with a less than stellar offensive line.

I really think we are going to win, and I don't think it will be as close as the two earlier games this year.

I also think the Eagles are going to soundly beat Arizona. Looking forward to a Turnpike Bowl, as is the NFL. Apparently Eagles fans are eager to spend their money on merchandise.

Steelers playing the Cards in the Superbowl would be interesting though - Wizz has a chip on his shoulder, although he is much missed in Pgh.

Well maybe hate is too strong a word. I should save that for Miami, and the Philadelphia Flyers and the Yankees. Those three I really do hate. Pittsburgh I just cant stand. I like Bradshaw and the old Steelers, but I dont like these Steelers. Im a Bills fan. How can I like the Steelers? Nothing agaisnt their fans. In fact, my wife's boss is a fan and will be there tomorrow. Trashed Im sure. And the mechanic shop that I go to, the owner has season tickets for Steelers and will be there. We had a few $5 bets between who would do better. the Bills/Steelers. He wins that one. the Sabres and Penguins. Im looking pretty good right now. And who will score more goals, Vanek or Crosby. I think I have him there too.

Thanks Yukon.

The Bills are the greatest team to never win a SB. I've been to Orchard Park more times than i can remember and alway's had a great time. The Levy coaching era was great....Norwood notwithstanding.

I really feel for Bills fans. If i was allowed to have a 2nd favorite, it would probably be the Bills.

Hi all,Yukon,

What ever happened to that guy? How would you like to be selling the whiskey at those two game today? Well, should I just say Pittsburgh. I imagine it will be a cold one as it starts late. Makes no sense to me that they started the game in the dessert early and the game in the arctic late?

Coach Mora,did(does?) commentary for the NFL network.

I'm sure the upper crust can get whiskey,but the blue collar guys/gals don't.They get beer and it will be cold tonight! :lol:

Start times?One word:money.These late games,the NFL can charge more for commercials the later the starting times.It is a business after all,...

The games:

Eagles-Cards; tough one.I don't know who to root for :blink: Both teams would,IMVHO,make a great story making it to the Super Bowl.Cards never been there and Donovan, a class act his whole life,who took more s*** and never slung it back.I'll take the Eagles.I know a sentimentalist! :D

Ravens-Steelers;Eeeesh!A pit fight!Two outstanding defenses.Yet the Steelers have the better offense,...

I hope for two great games,just keep the zebra's out of it!

KB(Patriots fan since 1968!Wasn't that the year when,...?)

My friends, the pre-season is here, and I can smell the glory.

Wellcome to another season.

So lets go and talk about it.

First surprise: Favre is a JET!!! :blink:

I did not expect this...

Thoughs?

GO EAGLES!

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!! SUPERBOWL BABY TAMPA HERE WE COME!!!

Well the first half is over and the Eagles are in quite a hole. Down 24-6. It aint over til the fat lady sings. I think they are going to come back. Have faith. :faint1:

I hope so. Eagles were having a rough time in the 1st half. Their field goal kicker sucks! They need a new one. I still would like to see Eagles and Steelers in the Super Bowl.

How the hell do they let Arizona score from the nine yard line on third and goal? Why doesn't Reed go for two point conversion when Akers missed the fuckinig extra point? Why doesn't the ref have the balls to call an obvious pass interference with the game on the line? No way should a 9-7 team like Arizona go to the Super Bowl. I cant believe the Eagles blew this game especially after they had come back and taken the lead. Bad coaching. Unbelievable bullshit.

Can we blame it on the bookies?

Another crap Super Bowl. Im willing to bet it will be one of the least watched. The only reason it will be watched is because what the hell else are you going to do on a Sunday in this damn weather? The refs should have called a penalty on that last pass by the Eagles. They call everything against the Bills. Its bullshit. Officials have too much to do with the outcome of games.

I wonder how much money the officials made on this game?

Why doesn't Reed go for two point conversion when Akers missed the fuckinig extra point?

BECAUSE THERE WAS A FULL QUARTER OF FOOTBALL LEFT TO PLAY!!!!! TEAMS PLAY TO WIN. I PLAYED FOUR YEARS OF HIGH SCHOOL BALL AND ONE YEAR OF COLLEGE. I WAS A TIGHT END AND INJURED MY KNEE.

Hey Eagles87, hope you are ok? I know the feeling pal all too well. I have some friends from Philly I havent seen in a while and there are probably some busted TV sets laying around Allentown, PA about now. Assuming this score holds up, I dont know what to make of a Steelers vs Cardinals game? By the way, does anyone know where the damn Super Bowl is this year? I think it was in Arizona last year. They just missed having a home game. I think the closest thing ever to a home game was the year the Los Angeles Rams lost to the Steelers in Pasadena. A game they should have won. It was Bradshaw's last and luckiest.

It's in Tampa this year. The game with the 49er's was in Palo Alto, CA I believe that was the closest for a SuperBowl home game? :unsure:

I'll keep it short and to the point.

I hope this is the end of the McNabb/Reid Era for us Birds fans. As a duo, they've proven they're very capable of pulling out some amazing plays and performances in the regular season to make it into the playoffs when everyone, including their fans have lost faith in them. Unfortunately, they've also proven with a 1-5 NFC Championship record and one Super Bowl loss, they are not "great," just good. McNabb again proved to me that he is Mr. Choke Artist when it comes to the big game. This loss was not entirely his fault. Our defense didn't show up in the first half, and either did our offense's consistency for that matter. We had several key dropped passes, a few calls that didn't go our way and some inexcusable cheap shot penalties that deserve Demps' immediate removal from our defense. But with McNabb, he just reinforced what I, and most Eagles fans have come to except with the man: when we need him to drive our team down the field with less than 2 minutes to go in the game, he can not. Some games other powers at be outweigh his own mistakes. Other times it's his individual lack of consistency on pass attempts or inabilities in finding eligiable receivers that truly question his leadership skills under pressure when your team needs your leader to step up and make plays. Reid's play calling is horrendous, not to mention his clock managing skills have come out as another flaw in his coaching abilities.

So what does owner Jeff Lurie do? The two are a package deal and more than likely, one won't leave unless the other leaves too. The Bears have publically shown interest in McNabb the last two seasons, though Orton showed promise this year as a potential starter. McNabb, publically outspoken about his commitments to the Eagles, would likely play in Chicago..his hometown. Reid, well, he's earned the right to stay a head coach somewhere else. He's the winniest coach in Eagles history and despite everything I said, did manage several playoff runs and one Super Bowl appearance. He's not likely to be demoted to a coordinator spot if he were to go.

I want Jon Gruden as head coach. "Chucky" is exactly the type of coach this organization, its fans and this city need running its beloved Eagles. Gruden was offensive coordinator during the Randall Cunningham years in Philly and of course, established the Raiders in the late 1990s and eventually winning a Super Bowl with the Buccs in 2002. His hot-tempered personality is exactly the antidote we need from years of Reid's lackluster coldness and endless press conferences with the same recycled babble that offer nothing knew to the weekly situations. Gruden would also have immediate love from Philly, not an easy thing to acquire in "The City of Brotherly Love."

I want Matt Cassell for starting quarterback. Let's face it, he rebooted and supercharged the down and out Patriots for much of the season. When the "golden boy" was injured in week 1, all hell broke loose, and Cassell had to fill in for the best active quarterback and one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history. He quickly proved he was more than capable of filling in. Surrounded by weapons, Cassell gained confidence and has now earned himself a starting position next year. However, Brady is likely to return by next season, leaving Cassell sidelined, a role he has no interest in.

The deciding factors with both scenarios depends on how fast the Eagles move on making a decision, if they decide to at all, on the future of the McNabb/Reid Era. The likely scenario isn't good for my wish list. Lurie is most likely gonna wait some time before deciding anything and the likely hood of Gruden's unemployment lasting into the late spring is unlikely with a coach of his calibur. Cassell is another story. If it turns out Brady won't be ready by the start of next season, there is a chance Cassell could be persuaded to stay as their starter until Brady is ready to go.

One thing is for sure..

Pitchers and catchers report to spring training in 6 weeks..

Let's Go Fightin' Phils!!!

I'll keep it short and to the point.

I hope this is the end of the McNabb/Reid Era for us Birds fans. As a duo, they've proven they're very capable of pulling out some amazing plays and performances in the regular season to make it into the playoffs when everyone, including their fans have lost faith in them. Unfortunately, they've also proven with a 1-5 NFC Championship record and one Super Bowl loss, they are not "great," just good. McNabb again proved to me that he is Mr. Choke Artist when it comes to the big game. This loss was not entirely his fault. Our defense didn't show up in the first half, and either did our offense's consistency for that matter. We had several key dropped passes, a few calls that didn't go our way and some inexcusable cheap shot penalties that deserve Demps' immediate removal from our defense. But with McNabb, he just reinforced what I, and most Eagles fans have come to except with the man: when we need him to drive our team down the field with less than 2 minutes to go in the game, he can not. Some games other powers at be outweigh his own mistakes. Other times it's his individual lack of consistency on pass attempts or inabilities in finding eligiable receivers that truly question his leadership skills under pressure when your team needs your leader to step up and make plays. Reid's play calling is horrendous, not to mention his clock managing skills have come out as another flaw in his coaching abilities.

So what does owner Jeff Lurie do? The two are a package deal and more than likely, one won't leave unless the other leaves too. The Bears have publically shown interest in McNabb the last two seasons, though Orton showed promise this year as a potential starter. McNabb, publically outspoken about his commitments to the Eagles, would likely play in Chicago..his hometown. Reid, well, he's earned the right to stay a head coach somewhere else. He's the winniest coach in Eagles history and despite everything I said, did manage several playoff runs and one Super Bowl appearance. He's not likely to be demoted to a coordinator spot if he were to go.

I want Jon Gruden as head coach. "Chucky" is exactly the type of coach this organization, its fans and this city need running its beloved Eagles. Gruden was offensive coordinator during the Randall Cunningham years in Philly and of course, established the Raiders in the late 1990s and eventually winning a Super Bowl with the Buccs in 2002. His hot-tempered personality is exactly the antidote we need from years of Reid's lackluster coldness and endless press conferences with the same recycled babble that offer nothing knew to the weekly situations. Gruden would also have immediate love from Philly, not an easy thing to acquire in "The City of Brotherly Love."

I want Matt Cassell for starting quarterback. Let's face it, he rebooted and supercharged the down and out Patriots for much of the season. When the "golden boy" was injured in week 1, all hell broke loose, and Cassell had to fill in for the best active quarterback and one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history. He quickly proved he was more than capable of filling in. Surrounded by weapons, Cassell gained confidence and has now earned himself a starting position next year. However, Brady is likely to return by next season, leaving Cassell sidelined, a role he has no interest in.

The deciding factors with both scenarios depends on how fast the Eagles move on making a decision, if they decide to at all, on the future of the McNabb/Reid Era. The likely scenario isn't good for my wish list. Lurie is most likely gonna wait some time before deciding anything and the likely hood of Gruden's unemployment lasting into the late spring is unlikely with a coach of his calibur. Cassell is another story. If it turns out Brady won't be ready by the start of next season, there is a chance Cassell could be persuaded to stay as their starter until Brady is ready to go.

One thing is for sure..

Pitchers and catchers report to spring training in 6 weeks..

Let's Go Fightin' Phils!!!

Lot's of genuine pain in this post. I was hoping that it would be an all Penn. SB but...

Anyway, i agree about Reid /McNabb. If i was an Eagle fan, enough is enough. It's time for a new direction and some new idea's.

Best of luck.

Hey Eagles87, hope you are ok? I know the feeling pal all too well. I have some friends from Philly I havent seen in a while and there are probably some busted TV sets laying around Allentown, PA about now. Assuming this score holds up, I dont know what to make of a Steelers vs Cardinals game? By the way, does anyone know where the damn Super Bowl is this year? I think it was in Arizona last year. They just missed having a home game. I think the closest thing ever to a home game was the year the Los Angeles Rams lost to the Steelers in Pasadena. A game they should have won. It was Bradshaw's last and luckiest.

Super Bowl XIV

January 20, 1980

Rose Bowl

Pasadena, CA

Pittsburgh Steelers 31

Los Angeles Rams 19

MVP: Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh :huh:

Well I gotta say I'm happy. :D I was a little concerned about our game but the Steelers showed up to play. Nobody can cry about the bad ref calls, although there were a few, most were in Baltimore's favor. Santonio was robbed of a TD let alone a catch. And who's the best Safety in the NFL. NO Question - Troy! But whatever, we won and all is beautiful in Pittsburgh-aside from the temps.

Bummer about the eagles, the Card's really surprised me. Wisenhunt vs Tomlin in the Superbowl will be a tough game. Wiz knows LeBeau and his schemes so it will be an interesting game.

We're going for the 6-pack! :D :D

Archived