Jimmy Page to perform at closing ceremony of Beijing Olympics

widget

She is a young pop singer, very pretty - a protege of the infamous impressario Simon Cowell. I'm listening to her big hit "Bleeding Love" right now. I don't hear any guitar.

Maybe they will do a song to promote Britain - something England or London-themed. "England Swings"? Nah. "London Calling" by The Clash? Jimmy could wrap his chords around that, no problem.

She is a young pop singer, very pretty - a protege of the infamous impressario Simon Cowell. I'm listening to her big hit "Bleeding Love" right now. I don't hear any guitar.

Maybe they will do a song to promote Britain - something England or London-themed. "England Swings"? Nah. "London Calling" by The Clash? Jimmy could wrap his chords around that, no problem.

Maybe, Page will do a medley of his career work (early studio material through Zep days) and she'll sing along with him. Really hope Jason and JPJ are with him for this event!!! :)

R B)

"David Beckham will star at the Olympics closing ceremony in Beijing

as the handover to London 2012 gets under way.

The spectacular event on August 24 will also see Led Zeppelin's Jimmy

Page performing a duet with pop star Leona Lewis.

And an incredible finale will feature Becks, 33, arriving on top of

one of London's iconic red double-decker buses - before he kicks a

football into the crowd to celebrate.

Hundreds of dancers from the UK will then perform ballet and

break-dancing routines as the countdown to 2012 begins.

An insider said: "It is set to be one of the most mind-blowing

spectacles ever. David was elated to be asked to take part, as was

everyone who has been invited.

"Having a rock god like Jimmy Page and a singer like Leona Lewis

performing together for the first time will certainly be something to

remember."

Truly, this IS Spinal Tap.

I do remember that one. Weddings and bar mitzvahs coming up...

Kind of reaching there... a prestigious international event that occurs only every 4 years and is tuned into and followed by hundreds of millions of people, is hardly analogous to Joe and Suzi's wedding down at the country club.

:rolleyes:

Kind of reaching there... a prestigious international event that occurs only every 4 years and is tuned into and followed by hundreds of millions of people, is hardly analogous to Joe and Suzi's wedding down at the country club.

...an incredible finale will feature Becks, 33, arriving on top of

one of London's iconic red double-decker buses - before he kicks a

football into the crowd to celebrate.

Hundreds of dancers from the UK will then perform ballet and

break-dancing routines as the countdown to 2012 begins.

An insider said: "It is set to be one of the most mind-blowing

spectacles ever. David was elated to be asked to take part, as was

everyone who has been invited.

"Becks...kicks a football...break-dancing routines...countdown..." I can hardly wait <_<

Hope Jason and Jonesy play, too. :)

Jason could put the Olympic Rings on his bass drum.

R B)

Well I've heard.... and it's only a rumour, that Jason is in training for the 200 hundred metre hurdles!

As I say it's only a rumour.

I get the Jimmy Page part, but Leona Lewis? On the one hand you have a genuine legend of 40-odd years, then, on the other, you have a winner of a T.V talent show. Couldn't they have found someone a teeny bit better for him?

And Beckham? Ironic that he'll feature in the closing ceremony and was part of the 2012 London campaign, yet has not actually featured in the Olympics at all. He'll be too old to even compete in 2012 (if we pull our finger out and get a GB football team).

It's Boris Johnson I'll be watching. He is comedy gold.

Well I've heard.... and it's only a rumour, that Jason is in training for the 200 hundred metre hurdles!

excellent!!! :D

Now, if they get a dirt bike or mountain bike event for the triathlon, Jason's your man. ;)

R B)

:lol: I think he'd have to have a quick growth spurt to stand any chance of getting over the hurdles...bless 'im. They do say the best things come in small packages though! :D

Hehe..Luv ya Jason!! ^_^

:lol: I think he'd have to have a quick growth spurt to stand any chance of getting over the hurdles...bless 'im. They do say the best things come in small packages though! :D

Hehe..Luv ya Jason!! ^_^

He could knock 'em down with his drum sticks or his feet (like he does with the bass/kick drum). :D

Son of Thunder!!! :lol:

R B)

Archived