Jimmy Page to perform at closing ceremony of Beijing Olympics

widget

Imagine if Jimmy had asked Robert to perform Whole Lotta Love with him at the Olympics closing ceremony, but Robert had refused? What better way for Jimmy to upstage Robert's possible winning of the Mercury Music Prize in September by performing Whole Lotta Love with a pop singer half his age at a ceremony that will be watched by millions across the world on TV? Wonderful revenge!

Imagine if Jimmy had asked Robert to perform Whole Lotta Love with him at the Olympics closing ceremony, but Robert had refused? What better way for Jimmy to upstage Robert's possible winning of the Mercury Music Prize in September by performing Whole Lotta Love with a pop singer half his age at a ceremony that will be watched by millions across the world on TV? Wonderful revenge!

Jesus. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Can someone please throw a spanner in the machinery and stop this spin cycle of Robert-bashing...it's very tiring and boring -_-

MEG - See what you started?? ;)

So is it possible The Mirror got it wrong again assuming there would be a "duet" with this Lewis chick, or perhaps (please God) Jimmy will just play solo? I'm not reading the word "duet" in this guy's blog or bloody much elsewhere except the Hindustan Times.

Manchester Evening News says: "The names being touted are David Beckham, Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page and pop star Leona Lewis. So far no mention of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II nor Basil Brush or Bob the Builder. Or Shaun the Sheep. All good British icons eh? But there's still time..."

(Hey I just realized- I might be living in England by 2012)

ps_ GO for 8 MICHAEL PHELPS!! He's kicking ass while the rest are eating his bubbles... :P

Can i ask your age please :rolleyes:

Great stuff!

Yes, it looks like someone ran with Lords of the rings campaign :)

Dammit! Every time I see 2012 posted... :wacko:

Guess I should get used to it! :lol:

December 21, 2012, we'll see :)

:rolleyes:

Can someone please throw a spanner in the machinery and stop this spin cycle of Robert-bashing...it's very tiring and boring -_-

^ what she said.

yes, what he and she said...

R B)

Back in the day he would have never....today it's the right thing to do.

The event is so much bigger than the ego.

I bet Robert's green over this one. I've always thought that they competed against each other in some ways. Like who's going to make the first contact call to reunite?

If jimmy calls and robert says no I wanna bop a blondie will jimmy ever call again? Robert won't call jimmy because of ego. She needs to do the right thing and let the freebird fly. lol.

I assume you're speaking in jest. Yet I'm not surprised that Robert would somehow be mentioned critically about an event that has nothing to do with him.

Can't we just be happy that we get to see Jimmy Page performing live???!!! I wasn't going to tune in for much of the closing ceremonies but now I'll be watching!!! :D

Can't we just be happy that we get to see Jimmy Page performing live???!!! I wasn't going to tune in for much of the closing ceremonies but now I'll be watching!!! :D

Yes, you're right, we should be happy to see Jimmy playing live :D ....and in an event that will be aired to all the world! :thumbsup:

^ Exactly! I was so surprised (and happy) to read about Jimmy playing at the closing ceremony. As long as he (or any of the other members) are out there and playing, I'm happy.

I can't believe most of the reactions I've read in this thread. I hope he stands near the top of the Olympic Flame and gives us two minutes of the banishing routine with an awesome light show in tandem with every smack of the bow. That'll shut you f*ckers up.

I dont think Jimmy wants revenge. It would make Robert laugh to see such a debacle.

Lyrically the most fitting Zeppelin song would be The Rover. Especially, the opening lines fits in with the spirit of the Olympics. "I've been to London, seen seven wonders"... and later with the part of "If we just join hands.." Just an opinion.

Yes, you're right, we should be happy to see Jimmy playing live :D ....and in an event that will be aired to all the world! :thumbsup:

It's wonderful that he was asked to participate! I wonder too what they will play. Of course it will be awesome regardless :)

^ Exactly! I was so surprised (and happy) to read about Jimmy playing at the closing ceremony. As long as he (or any of the other members) are out there and playing, I'm happy.

I second all these - so psyched to see Jimmy play!!

:cheer::thumbsup::banana::yay:

Archived