Jimmy Page to perform at closing ceremony of Beijing Olympics

widget

I haven't read the whole thread because I got bored (again!) so if this has been covered I apologise.

I think the logical conclusion on whether Planty will be jealous (if Jimmy is really appearing)is that the gig was offered to the whole band and they turned it down. But, JP decided to do it on his own.

The most important is that he will PLAY again!!!! Who cares which song he'll perform? Nice to see Jimmy in public. And the closing ceremony will be aired in all countries over the world! So IF it's real Jimmy, practise all day and night long!!! :D

Excuse me but the previous two pages of debate seem to suggest that not everyone agrees with you. Thanks. B)
Since it's been widely reported that it'll be Leona and you've stated that we'll know the song would you care to be forthcoming and state what the song will be ?

That wouldn't be fair, no. It has already been stated that the committee are disappointed that the news has been leaked in advance. There's only a couple of weeks to go before everyone will hear it anyway.

That wouldn't be fair, no. It has already been stated that the committee are disappointed that the news has been leaked in advance. There's only a couple of weeks to go before everyone will hear it anyway.
So,in essence you're leaking official info here ?,or just giving us all a taste of your avi ?

I think you can clearly see that I'm NOT leaking any info.

Your nastiness is a little misplaced.

Nastiness is definitely not what I'm about.You made a statement of which by your own admission puts you somewhere in a large camp.What I'm about is whether you will stand by a hard to track down statement which is easy to do if you don't have to really show any hard facts.The thing is the wording was 'you'll all know the song',which is pretty hard to nail,but,no probs I'm sure you'll give me more hard to proves,which is fine,as I said I'm not about nastiness,I'm about truth,and something to prove with it.

Look Ross, I don't know why you've decided to pick a fight with me but I'm not gonna bite. I'm contributing to this thread and this forum as Zeppelin fan, and I'll continue to do so as I like. Like every other poster here I will post as I choose to and say what I choose to. And like every other poster, there is no obligation upon me to please anyone else here.

Have a nice day.

from Leona Lewis official website, italian section

Aug 14 2008 - LEONA CANTERA’ AI GIOCHI OLIMPICI 2008

Leona però non sarà sola: pare infatti che duetterà con Jimmy Page in un’esibizione live che si preannuncia emozionante e memorabile.

Leona will not be on her own: in fact it seems that she will be duetting with Jimmy Page in a live performance which pre announces to be exciting and memorable.

http://www.leonalewismusic.co.uk/international/it

Did my best with the translation... :P

Look Ross, I don't know why you've decided to pick a fight with me but I'm not gonna bite. I'm contributing to this thread and this forum as Zeppelin fan, and I'll continue to do so as I like. Like every other poster here I will post as I choose to and say what I choose to. And like every other poster, there is no obligation upon me to please anyone else here.

Have a nice day.

No need to bite on something that wasn't put out there,

I expect people to post with as much truth as they know on a subject.

Enjoy your day too.

I think I'll be watching the closing ceremonies. B)

Aug 24 is listed as the closing ceremonies date.

I wonder if it will air on the same day in the USA?

Anyone know?

Well it should be live should it not but I have no idea what the time difference is from Beijing for you.

from Leona Lewis official website, italian section

Aug 14 2008 - LEONA CANTERA’ AI GIOCHI OLIMPICI 2008

Leona però non sarà sola: pare infatti che duetterà con Jimmy Page in un’esibizione live che si preannuncia emozionante e memorabile.

Leona will not be on her own: in fact it seems that she will be duetting with Jimmy Page in a live performance which pre announces to be exciting and memorable.

They keep using the word duetting in the official press releases, which strongly implies a singing performance. The Telegraph article even said so: "Lewis, 23, is said to be singing a duet with Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page for the event, which will be screened live to a television audience of as many as 150 million people."

So apparently Jimmy will leave his guitar at home, and revive his long-stalled singing career after a 43-year fallow period. Fantastic! We can look forward to a few bars of "She Just Satisfies" followed by ... dunno, "Rule Britannia"? It has to be something to promote Britain - lord knows a bus full of break dancers isn't quite gonna set the right tone.

australia and china are very close time wise, so i wont have to wait up till some rediculous hour to see jimmy win gold. :thumbsup:

You're the lucky one! We're 12 hours behind Beijing on the East Coast USA. I'll have to wait up until 11pm tonight to watch Michael Phelps go for his 8th gold. But it'll be worth it. Jimmy, too- even if I have to get up at 8am in the morning to see the big closing ceremony live. But knowing American tv, they'll show it taped at 8pm EST just to mess with me. :rolleyes:

Archived