BONHAM LEAVING FOREIGNER!

JohnnyGuitar

Agreed Knebby, of course he would be completely against it. A lot of ego and pride would be hurt by the apperance of a "replacement". That doesn't mean Page, Jones and Jason couldn't play Led Zeppelin songs though with another singer. They would just have to think up another band name and be diplomatic and courteous about the whole situation to Plant.

Off topic but of interest here would be the recent court case involving The Doors. Keyboardist Ray Manzarek and guitarist Robby Krieger were denied the right to continue to use the name and imagery of The Doors after drummer John Densmore took them to court, and won:

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/08/22/doors-lawsuit.html

Meg

I have to disagree with this point, Meg--if he chooses not to participate (and of course it remains to be seen what will happen), I don't see why his ego or pride would therefore be hurt if the band continued with a project he'd voluntarily opted out of. Hence no need for the diplomacy, etc.

i always thought that they had an agreement where it was " all or none " meaning that if just one of the four wasnt agreeable to something, then it didnt happen. it had to be unanimous. is that correct?

if that is true, then if robert didnt want to join up with jimmy, john paul and jason, he could stop them using the led zeppelin name if he wanted to, as could jimmy or john paul.

or, they could give their full blessing also, if they wanted to.

i truly beieve robert is on his way back to the other three, i think he has already agreed to do it, hes just not ready yet. hes still touring with alison and perhaps writing with her/t bone as well. i think its a good thing....i hope he keeps doing that until he feels ready for a change, otherwise it would feel like unfinished business if he were to cut it short and return to jp, jpj and jb.

we have heard that jp, jpj and jb have been in the studio rehearsing new material, and robert has said all along that is what he needs to get back into led zeppelin.

i feel its all coming together, i hope so.

Nice attitude. :beer:

yep, thats just the way i am. :beer: back at ya!

and truly, no one really knows what the future holds. we can say what we would like to have happen, and certainly strive towards those goals, but sometimes things happen to change our lives in ways we could never imagine. it happens all the time.

even if robert has said to himself/others that it will never happen, it just may.

you may say im a dreamer, but im not the only one...................

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...........

yep, thats just the way i am. :beer: back at ya!

and truly, no one really knows what the future holds. we can say what we would like to have happen, and certainly strive towards those goals, but sometimes things happen to change our lives in ways we could never imagine. it happens all the time.

even if robert has said to himself/others that it will never happen, it just may.

you may say im a dreamer, but im not the only one...................

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...........

Always loved that quote :D

I think it has a good chance of happening if the new music Jimmy,John paul and Jason is compelling enough to draw Robert in.And I think it will be.

JPJ, Jimmy, and now Jason by leaving Foreigner have completely cleared up their schedules for Robert. JPJ and Jimmy are now only making token appearances to stay in the limelight, just busywork. I don't think it's right for them to twiddle their thumbs for the next year or two on the off chance that Robert might finally get tired of AK and decide to join them instead of going back to Strange Sensation. If Robert doesn't join them in the next six months then they should just go ahead without him in some capacity because if they don't they will surely split off again. JPJ will finish his album and Jimmy will finish his and that will pretty much be it.

But they haven't cleared their schedules "for Robert" - why is this idea so prevalent? They have cleared their schedules for themselves. They will already know what they will be doing - why would they make plans like this on an "off chance"?

Whether Robert is joining them or not will already have been decided, and we'll find out soon enough.

But they haven't cleared their schedules "for Robert" - why is this idea so prevalent? They have cleared their schedules for themselves. They will already know what they will be doing - why would they make plans like this on an "off chance"?

Whether Robert is joining them or not will already have been decided, and we'll find out soon enough.

Like aaaa when ? Just kidding :D

Wish I knew.

Whenever they decide to announce it, I guess.

I'd keep an eye on upcoming award ceremonies. B)

Just the fact that they have decided on something makes the rest of 08 very interesting. I shall stay tuned.... thanks

But they haven't cleared their schedules "for Robert"

Jimmy is a seasoned expert at communicating to the Zep fans with a wink and a nudge that he's always been holding the torch for us in wanting a full Zep reunion, and that every move he makes is part of that grand plan of aligning the planets in such a way that Plant's fickle nature can be satisfied.

JPJ has said he just wants to keep playing with Jimmy. I think he could take or leave Robert.

Jimmy is a seasoned expert at communicating to the Zep fans with a wink and a nudge that he's always been holding the torch for us in wanting a full Zep reunion, and that every move he makes is part of that grand plan of aligning the planets in such a way that Plant's fickle nature can be satisfied.

JPJ has said he just wants to keep playing with Jimmy. I think he could take or leave Robert.

Ah I see - so you've based your assertation on Jimmy's facial ticks. B)

I'd keep an eye on upcoming award ceremonies. B)

Finally a tip from someone here who knows what they speak of from firsthand experience....as opposed to other, uh sources. <_<

BTW Knebby, I was happy for England being on display during the closing ceremonies...in spite of what Del says.

:D

When I saw Robert and AK in Toronto I wrote a lengthy post about how he seemed so much to enjoy what he was doing, and how it would be wrong to insist that he he re-join zep or 2008 zep or whatever you want to call it, just to go back back in time and sing the same old songs.

That said, if there is really new music to be recorded, I don't understand why he wouldn't want to be a part of it. It seems to me that he has always strived to keep on creating. The Strange Sensation album he put out a few years ago sounded a lot like something that zep could/would put out today. The Enchanter, Tin Pan Valley, and All the Kings Horses could have been at home on many Zeppelin albums.

I understand the whole bit about being a dinosaur and just playing old zep stuff, but actually working and creating with musicians as talented as Page and Jones (and Jason), would seem to me to be exactly the type of thing that he would want to do.

As for musical style or changing tastes why couldn't those be accounted for in the collaboration. Its not like Zeppelin ever stuck to any one musical style.

I am not taking a shot at Robert. Not in the least. I had just thought (maybe naively), as others have noted on this board, he was waiting for those guys (P,B & J) to "inspire" him, by sitting down and writing some killer music that would allow him to carry on being creative before he would dip his toe back in that water. I thought he was opposed to the idea of a farewell tour, but had also thought he would embrace creation.

I have learned from reading this board to take what Knebby says at face value and to see her say so emphatically that Robert won't be joining makes me sad, and a bit puzzled. If the story was he is waiting to see the direction they go in before he decides if he wants to be a part, that I could understand. But an outright no has me totally confused. I guess I have to stop being so naive.

When I saw Robert and AK in Toronto I wrote a lengthy post about how he seemed so much to enjoy what he was doing, and how it would be wrong to insist that he he re-join zep or 2008 zep or whatever you want to call it, just to go back back in time and sing the same old songs.

That said, if there is really new music to be recorded, I don't understand why he wouldn't want to be a part of it. It seems to me that he has always strived to keep on creating. The Strange Sensation album he put out a few years ago sounded a lot like something that zep could/would put out today. The Enchanter, Tin Pan Valley, and All the Kings Horses could have been at home on many Zeppelin albums.

I understand the whole bit about being a dinosaur and just playing old zep stuff, but actually working and creating with musicians as talented as Page and Jones (and Jason), would seem to me to be exactly the type of thing that he would want to do.

As for musical style or changing tastes why couldn't those be accounted for in the collaboration. Its not like Zeppelin ever stuck to any one musical style.

I am not taking a shot at Robert. Not in the least. I had just thought (maybe naively), as others have noted on this board, he was waiting for those guys (P,B & J) to "inspire" him, by sitting down and writing some killer music that would allow him to carry on being creative before he would dip his toe back in that water. I thought he was opposed to the idea of a farewell tour, but had also thought he would embrace creation.

I have learned from reading this board to take what Knebby says at face value and to see her say so emphatically that Robert won't be joining makes me sad, and a bit puzzled. If the story was he is waiting to see the direction they go in before he decides if he wants to be a part, that I could understand. But an outright no has me totally confused. I guess I have to stop being so naive.

I really appreciate what you said there about trusting me, but please remember, as to the will Robert/won't Robert part, I've only said what I believe to be the case. I can't make - and haven't made - announcements on behalf of the guys, I have just told you my perspective.

Oh and Stringy - cheers re Olympics - and to you guys too!

Just my thoughts on what you've said - I think Robert is an artist looking to be challenged and move in new directions. If he discovers something he's not explored, he seeks out people to work with and take that journey together. He's not one to sit idly musically and rehash the same old that's for sure. So in regards to creating new music with Jimmy and John Paul and Jason, I guess he'd have to "feel" it was the direction he/they wanted to take right now. It's nice to think that could happen but I'm fine if it doesn't. As long as they are all out there continuing to make music for a long time, that makes me happy.

Just my thoughts on what you've said - I think Robert is an artist looking to be challenged and move in new directions. If he discovers something he's not explored, he seeks out people to work with and take that journey together. He's not one to sit idly musically and rehash the same old that's for sure. So in regards to creating new music with Jimmy and John Paul and Jason, I guess he'd have to "feel" it was the direction he/they wanted to take right now. It's nice to think that could happen but I'm fine if it doesn't. As long as they are all out there continuing to make music for a long time, that makes me happy.

I agree as was going to say something on the same lines, but not as eloquently as yourself. I would imagine (maybe) Robert might hear what they are doing and if he felt it was fresh, original and new then he might want in, but if he thinks not then cool. I for one am very happy to see JPJ an JP doing something together, however good in parts Page/Plant was( maybe thats harsh but W into Clarksdale was for me a very average album) it really did miss something and that was JPJ, he glued Zeppelin together.

If they go out as The Nobs or something I will be there to hear JPJ and his quality musicianship, grooving with JB and JP :)

Archived