Local DJ: Jimmy Says Zep Will Tour in '09

LidlessEye

when the show at the 02 was announced, I heard Martha Quinn on Sirius announce that there was going to be a world tour. Not till I hear it from Robert will I belive it.

Well they didn't lie last year(wow)but he jokingly said the Rat Cellar (a small club) in Boston Mass. during Zeptember and actually I'm listening to the first song from it right now "Dazed" which is kinda creepy at 12:24 A.M. alone in the dark.It's really cool what they do with 6-8 song Zeppelin blocks and history lessons about the band and they might even play the BBC Sessions too. Happy Zeptember everyone! :D:D:D .

Well they didn't lie last year(wow)but he jokingly said the Rat Cellar (a small club) in Boston Mass. during Zeptember and actually I'm listening to the first song from it right now "Dazed" which is kinda creepy at 12:24 A.M. alone in the dark.It's really cool what they do with 6-8 song Zeppelin blocks and history lessons about the band and they might even play the BBC Sessions too. Happy Zeptember everyone! :D:D:D .

It seems like every classic rock station has something special like this set aside for Zep: one of our locals has an evening rush hour block every day. This is clear testimony to the unique power & magnetism of the Hammer of the Gods.

My local radio station, Q 107 in Toronto, mentioned the fact that the 3 members of Zep are in the studio but also mentioned that Robert Plant will be laying down vocal tracks for the album in the fall. Usually this station is pretty good for their info but has anyone else heard this rumour?

My local radio station, Q 107 in Toronto, mentioned the fact that the 3 members of Zep are in the studio but also mentioned that Robert Plant will be laying down vocal tracks for the album in the fall. Usually this station is pretty good for their info but has anyone else heard this rumour?

The radio stations have no more info than any of us do. In fact it is in their interest to spawn rumors as a way to get ratings.

What's their record on previous rumours (Zeppelin-related or not)?

Rathskeller = Boston club in Kenmore Square circa 1977-1997

The radio stations have no more info than any of us do. In fact it is in their interest to spawn rumors as a way to get ratings.

Maybe small town radio stations..... Any respectable rock radio station in a large city has a radio station that get lots fresh news. It is in their interest to start rumors, but they have more connections with people in the know than the average person. It used to be the fastest way spread the news, before the internet, but I am sure radio still gets its share of tidbits.

There is gonna be a tour. To much smoke for no fire.

Maybe small town radio stations..... Any respectable rock radio station in a large city has a radio station that get lots fresh news. It is in their interest to start rumors, but they have more connections with people in the know than the average person. It used to be the fastest way spread the news, before the internet, but I am sure radio still gets its share of tidbits.

I didn't realize you were the direct pipeline to Robert, Jimmy, JPJ & Jason..... :lol: I'm joking of course.......

Seriously, I take every rumor with a grain of salt...until I hear it directly from theguys themselves or their authorized reps, it's nothing but smoke & mirrors to me! B)

Agree! Happy Zeptember! :beer:

I didn't realize you were the direct pipeline to Robert, Jimmy, JPJ & Jason..... :lol: I'm joking of course.......

Seriously, I take every rumor with a grain of salt...until I hear it directly from their or their authorized reps, it's nothing but smoke! B)

I keep trying to convince myself that they're not gonna tour. I am too young to have seen the real thing, but I came of age at a Page and Plant show in 98. The way everybody, from internet websites to musicians that seem to be a little more friendly with the Zeps.

I agree with that prediction also B)

Archived