Led Zeppelin Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

ZepStar

No big deal? I would think any small thing the fans could do would be more than "no big deal". Laurence Olivier, John Lennon, the Beatles, Ozzy Osborne, Elvis Presley, and the list goes on and on. Even Spears has her fans, sure. In this day, there's not much a fan can do to pay homage in any way. I was waiting for someone to rain on the parade, but I've got a big umbrella. A elitist I am not.

Rocky

Im not raining on your parade. I just hate to see Zep associated with a farce. It is a farce I dont care how many names you throw out...I would drop the Ozzy for future arguments though :) So, what does getting Zep on a street get you? It is just a star that is cleaned by a crippled man...sad story

Ozzy in the same company as Led Zeppelin. Oh god, please no! Any interview with him, he's completely incoherent. During TV interviews, the particular station might want to consider captions, since it's extremely difficult to understand him. A translater might be good as well.

This will be my last comment on the merits of the star. I was not comparing Ozzy to Led Zep as that is just plain stupid. It appears my bigger point was lost, and being so, I realize the futility of of carrying on this particular line of conversation. To those who feel as they do about the star, fine, I respect your feelings. Maybe a different more eclectic thread would be to your liking, and as such, I urge you to move on and let the rest of us have our discussion and feelings as well.

Rocky

Thanks to all who have responded with your thoughts. Please take a moment, those who would like to support this effort, and sign the petition at www.LedZeppelinStar.com. Keep up the good work and have a happy Zeptember!

Rocky

Rocky, your enthusiasm is lovely.

But, I'm one who thinks it's kind of corny. The fact that folks have to pay for the star to begin with makes it a questionable honor. Somehow, Zep's management has managed to overlook this route for 35 + years, which also might tell you something.

But if fans ask for it and pay for it, that's cool. If / when Zep's management have given you the go ahead, I will sign your petition.

It's amazing how Queen have a star there but Zeppelin doesn't. I mean, Zep outsold Queen almost 4 to 1 in albums in the U.S and played to a gazillion more people there.

Personally, I think that if Zeppelin doesn't have one already then screw the whole crapolla. The other poster is right. It's a farce and Zeppelin fans shouldn't be begging for this. Zeppelin should have had a star there years ago and certainly well before the likes of Queen. It's ridiculous and to me is an insult.

Fuck 'em.

Whats the point?

The people that are worth "knowing" Led Zeppelin already know about them because they know good musicians when they hear them.., The people who need a star on a sidewalk to tell them Led Zeppelin is good at what they do, don't really deserve to hear them if you ask me.

The less people who think of Led Zeppelin as "That one group who did Stairway", the better off things will be.

Thats just the way I see it.

Whats the point?

The people that are worth "knowing" Led Zeppelin already know about them because they know good musicians when they hear them.., The people who need a star on a sidewalk to tell them Led Zeppelin is good at what they do, don't really deserve to hear them if you ask me.

The less people who think of Led Zeppelin as "That one group who did Stairway", the better off things will be.

Whats the point?

Shitty mood today Doc? That was rather harsh. I don't think any fans need it, but it would be really cool to be able to walk down the boulevard and see their star, be photographed with it, etc.

Gee, just don't sign it!

Take a happy pill Doc ; )

Shitty mood today Doc? That was rather harsh. I don't think any fans need it, but it would be really cool to be able to walk down the boulevard and see their star, be photographed with it, etc.

Gee, just don't sign it!

LOVE it! Great reply!

Gee, just don't sign it!

Well I went to the pharmacy, and the lady at the counter looked at me kind of funny... I think I might need a perscription or somethin', I dunno.

Anyways, the main point I was trying to get across is that I think the more a band is commercialized, the less special they become. I hold Led Zeppelin to be a highly personal experience. In my eyes, the best part of being a Led Zeppelin fan is the feeling that you have them all to yourself. Whats next? Cereal boxes?

Besides, I've made a pact with myself to never set foot in California.

Well I went to the pharmacy, and the lady at the counter looked at me kind of funny... I think I might need a perscription or somethin', I dunno.

Anyways, the main point I was trying to get across is that I think the more a band is commercialized, the less special they become. I hold Led Zeppelin to be a highly personal experience. In my eyes, the best part of being a Led Zeppelin fan is the feeling that you have them all to yourself. Whats next? Cereal boxes?

Besides, I've made a pact with myself to never set foot in California.

No, probably Cadillac commercials.

Seriously, I don't think anything we, the fans, can do if at all possible is bad. If our intentions are well-meaning, that's all that really matters. But that could just be how I feel (and others considering the response).

There are some truly talented and respected artists who have stars on the walk, and I don't feel they or their fans feel its demeaning in any way. I could list some of them that are in the same echelon as Zeppelin, but don't feel that's necessary.

As I have said before, I respect your opinion, just don't agree with it.

As far as California is concerned, I agree with you, at least anything south or west of Sacramento.

Rocky

No, probably Cadillac commercials.

Seriously, I don't think anything we, the fans, can do if at all possible is bad. If our intentions are well-meaning, that's all that really matters. But that could just be how I feel (and others considering the response).

There are some truly talented and respected artists who have stars on the walk, and I don't feel they or their fans feel its demeaning in any way. I could list some of them that are in the same echelon as Zeppelin, but don't feel that's necessary.

As I have said before, I respect your opinion, just don't agree with it.

As far as California is concerned, I agree with you, at least anything south or west of Sacramento.

Rocky

But you don't really respect my opinion... in fact, you were over-joyed when someone told me to take happy-pills.... <_<

We're nearing the 100 mark for petition signatures, surprisingly low for the number of hits on various Led Zeppelin forums I have posted on (over 1800 hits total). But on the up side, some of the comments on the petition have been heart-felt and inspirational. Thanks to all of you who have signed and support the effort.

Rocky

LedZeppelinStar.com :banana:

Archived