Finding Led Zeppelin in unrelated places

marmorek

On 8/8/2020 at 1:40 AM, Zepper94 said:

HBO’s show True Blood features the classic “Thank You” during the last few minutes of the show’s last episode. 

True Blood also played "In the Evening".  It's been a couple of years since I watched the whole series but I think they actually played the whole song at the end of one episode.

Edited by kingzoso

On 8/9/2020 at 11:20 PM, kingzoso said:

True Blood also played "In the Evening".  It's been a couple of years since I watched the whole series but I think they actually played the whole song at the end of one episode.

Good to know. Been meaning to catch up on that show.

• 2 weeks later...

I am doing an Open University degree (UK) and on reading the second prescibed text book on traditions, its second chapter focuses on "The Blues".

Led Zeppelin has already been mentioned twice and many of the Blues greats form the backbone of the chapter. Still reading the text and there is also an online section (not yet active) that will have piece of music that we need to study             ( Bessie Smith and Blind Lemon Jefferson to name two). I am really looking forward to my course starting properly in October.

4 hours ago, anniemouse said:

I am doing an Open University degree (UK) and on reading the second prescibed text book on traditions, its second chapter focuses on "The Blues".

Led Zeppelin has already been mentioned twice and many of the Blues greats form the backbone of the chapter. Still reading the text and there is also an online section (not yet active) that will have piece of music that we need to study             ( Bessie Smith and Blind Lemon Jefferson to name two). I am really looking forward to my course starting properly in October.

Sounds like fun. Enjoy! 😊

R😎

I wish this was not "unrelated" - might not belong in this thread.

https://www.redbubble.com/shop/led+zeppelin+masks

Anyone seen these? I am stunned there are not masks in the official merch store. I'd 100% get some. What a great reminder/keep sake for this shithouse period of history while showing your Zep appreciation!

Sam - any plans for mask merch??? (I'd rather buy official stuff.)

13 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I wish this was not "unrelated" - might not belong in this thread.

https://www.redbubble.com/shop/led+zeppelin+masks

Anyone seen these? I am stunned there are not masks in the official merch store. I'd 100% get some. What a great reminder/keep sake for this shithouse period of history while showing your Zep appreciation!

Sam - any plans for mask merch??? (I'd rather buy official stuff.)

I'd also buy official merch. 

Meanwhile, I'd like to warn you all about redbubble masks.  While the art is very nice, the masks are cheap an ill-fitting.  Keep that in mind.  

1 hour ago, ebk said:

I'd also buy official merch. 

Meanwhile, I'd like to warn you all about redbubble masks.  While the art is very nice, the masks are cheap an ill-fitting.  Keep that in mind.  

Yeah, I figured they were just cashing in on an idea, no quality. I won't be getting any. Hopefully the merch store will have something. If they can produce umbrellas, beach towels, shoes, surely a mask can be done!

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, badgeholder said:

Haha, what the hell happened there? Maybe this will become a collectors item. Shit, I think I want one

+1:lol: They have them brand new with different varieties on ebay, choose your own size. I'm getting one!

Edited by luvlz2

• 2 weeks later...