Q Magazine, January '08

The new Q magazine is out (in the UK), with Zeppelin on the cover:

Q258500x700.jpg

Inside are interviews with Jimmy & JPJ. Robert wouldn't be interviewed. A very brief resume:

Both are reticent to give much away about what was rehearsed and when.

Jimmy hopes for more than one show and would like them to record:

'I would like to keep this moving. I've got things I've been working on for the past 4 years that I'm proud of. Some of the songs I've got are as good as anything I've done in the past. I wouldn't necessarily save them for my solo career'.

He mentions that things between them aren't easy as they've got different managers.

Jimmy's also worried about the sound at the O2:

'The Stones sounded terrible, Prince wasn't great, Snow Patrol was just this great monolithic noise'.

The interviewer mentioned that once the i/v had finished and the tape was switched off, Jimmy opened up:

'Off the record he's more frank about his hope that this one-off reunion might lead to something more extensive next year. 'But at the moment it's not looking good' he concludes, sadly.'

Jonesy is more up-beat, seemingly happy to go with the flow. Regarding offers to play he said:

'Yes, we've been offered hundreds of millions of dollars to tour North America but we've never got anywhere near accepting'.

When asked about more shows after the O2 he said:

'I have no idea. I guess the door has been left slightly ajar. We'll have to see how we feel about it afterwards. Everybody's got to really want to do it. I'm scheduled to produce an album by Sara Watkins of Nickel Creek early next year..'

He also states that neither the triple-neck guitar or the mellotron will be used at the O2!

The new Q magazine is out (in the UK), with Zeppelin on the cover:

Q258500x700.jpg

Inside are interviews with Jimmy & JPJ. Robert wouldn't be interviewed. A very brief resume:

Both are reticent to give much away about what was rehearsed and when.

Jimmy hopes for more than one show and would like them to record:

'I would like to keep this moving. I've got things I've been working on for the past 4 years that I'm proud of. Some of the songs I've got are as good as anything I've done in the past. I wouldn't necessarily save them for my solo career'.

He mentions that things between them aren't easy as they've got different managers.

Jimmy's also worried about the sound at the O2:

'The Stones sounded terrible, Prince wasn't great, Snow Patrol was just this great monolithic noise'.

The interviewer mentioned that once the i/v had finished and the tape was switched off, Jimmy opened up:

'Off the record he's more frank about his hope that this one-off reunion might lead to something more extensive next year. 'But at the moment it's not looking good' he concludes, sadly.'

Jonesy is more up-beat, seemingly happy to go with the flow. Regarding offers to play he said:

'Yes, we've been offered hundreds of millions of dollars to tour North America but we've never got anywhere near accepting'.

When asked about more shows after the O2 he said:

'I have no idea. I guess the door has been left slightly ajar. We'll have to see how we feel about it afterwards. Everybody's got to really want to do it. I'm scheduled to produce an album by Sara Watkins of Nickel Creek early next year..'

He also states that neither the triple-neck guitar or the mellotron will be used at the O2!

Thank you for posting this. :)

I am going to go broke buying all these LZ related magazines this month, those on top of Christmas pressies. lol

Anyway, what is JP holding in his hand on the cover?

What you summarized here makes it sound like the only one really standing in the way of a full blown tour is RP...that and managers.

I would have to agree though, if they aren't all in this 100%, then they shouldn't tour.

I really AM interested in what JP has been working on and will hope the stars will align so that he can put it out the way he wants to do it.

(selfishly so, I must add. lol)

Archived