Frontmen Of Rock

Rock N' Rollin' Man

Frontman of Rock  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the greatest Frontman of Rock of all time?

• Mick Jagger (Rolling Stones)
    • Jim Morrison (The Doors)
    • Alice Cooper
    • Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)
    • Bon Scott (AC/DC)
    • Roger Daltrey (The Who)
    • Ozzy Osbourne (Black Sabbath)
    • David Lee Roth (Van Halen)
    • Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin)
    • Other
  2. 2. If Robert, who would be second?

• David Lee Roth (Van Halen)
    • Ozzy Osbourne (Black Sabbath)
    • Roger Daltrey (The Who)
    • Bon Scott (AC/DC)
    • Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)
    • Alice Cooper
    • Jim Morrison (The Doors)
    • Mick Jagger (Rolling Stones)
    • Other

:lol: It's a great song and you could definitely have seen that on one of his own albums. One of my faves off the Wall too.

To be honest, and not to get too off-topic since this conversation really doesn't belong here, but I hate The Wall. Love Comfortably Numb, hate The Wall.

Waters' ego destroyed that band. Great talent, but giant asshole.

I really love Gilmour's first solo album, and I think it would have fit well on it. I would love to know what it sounded like the way he had it done originally.

To be honest, and not to get too off-topic since this conversation really doesn't belong here, but I hate The Wall. Love Comfortably Numb, hate The Wall.

Waters' ego destroyed that band. Great talent, but giant asshole.

I really love Gilmour's first solo album, and I think it would have fit well on it. I would love to know what it sounded like the way he had it done originally.

Agreed but will just say I'm not a fan of the Wall either - some songs are great but overall, not my favorite of theirs by a longshot. I would have loved to have heard what it sounded like originally too.

Okay back on topic :D

• 2 weeks later...

I think even Robert would pick Elvis. But I agree with Plant, Freddie, Daltrey, Mick, Jim, Dave, all great. Does anyone remember David Byron of Uriah Heep? He was a really great (but forgotten) front man. And Bono too

But I gotta go with Percy all the way

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Seattle pop festival in 1969, was the only time that both The Doors and Led Zeppelin played in the same bill (I so wanted to be there, but I wasn't born till 23 years later)

After the concert Robert Plant mentioned Jim Morrison

I also remember reading in a Morrison biography, that Robert Plant wanted to go to a Doors concert, but didn't have enough money.(I could be mistaken that it was Robert, but I'm pretty sure it was him)

I wish Zeppelin and The Doors both played at Woodstock, with Hendrix, wouldn't that be better than walking on the moon?

• 3 weeks later...
I think even Robert would pick Elvis. But I agree with Plant, Freddie, Daltrey, Mick, Jim, Dave, all great. Does anyone remember David Byron of Uriah Heep? He was a really great (but forgotten) front man. And Bono too

But I gotta go with Percy all the way

Robert Anthony of couse..yes I remember Uriah Heep...still have an album.

After Robert, my choice would be Steven Tyler. Even now he's a fantastic frontman. Who else can do a back flip at 60 years old??

Yeah, Steven Tyler is a great frontman. I saw Aerosmith live in 2007, and they really rocked.

David Lee Roth was a great frontman too, when I saw Van Halen back in 1984.

Another really good frontman is Bruce Dickinson. He seems to have an endless supply of energy! :D

I voted Robert Plant 1st, and would have voted Steven Tyler if he'd been on the 2nd list.

Well, seeing as the poll is for "Frontmen" and not "Vocalists", I'm rather surprized not to see Axl Rose mentioned. Not my cup of tea personally, but unquestionably one of the best onstage performers in rock ever.

That said, I'll take Percy and Freddie. Ta! :beer:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived