Favorite Holiday,short,cartoon,fil?

zepyep

Hi all,

It's a Wonderful Life -- I cry every time I see it. I love Jimmy Stewart.

That movie,kills me every time.Donna Reed! :wub:

But,there is something about Rudolf,yep,I, is a silly old fool! :D

I know we at least 3 weeks out,...but Merry Christmas,a better New Year!

KB

Hi all,

All the ones you mentioned are fabulous. I watch them all every year. Also, Miracle on 34th street. I love Scrooge. The english versiion from 1951 with Allistair Sim. But you mentioned the big ones. I kind of got a kick out of that Hanks one Polar Express the other night. Never had heard of it before. I am going to watch it again.

You'll go down in history!

:D KB

I love the ones that aren't cartoons, but they aren't real people. Like Rudolph and The Island of Misfit Toys, those sorts of things. I think it's puppets or something, I'm not really sure. Anyway, I just love those kid's Christmas movies.

Hi all,

I love the ones that aren't cartoons, but they aren't real people. Like Rudolph and The Island of Misfit Toys, those sorts of things. I think it's puppets or something, I'm not really sure. Anyway, I just love those kid's Christmas movies.

Those are stop-motion.

Charlie-in-the-box. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Yukon!

I just bought the movie, dvd. Most of the other ones I have on VHS. Now I have to go out and get them all on DVD. I watched "its a wonderful life" last night. Boy, was Donna Reed hot or what! Smokin!

At Best Buy,I was able to get most of these Christmas shorts/films pretty darn cheap,FYI,.... :)

Donna Reed,not only was she hot,she was a wonderful person in real life too,.... B)

Hi all,

A Charlie Brown Christmas here too. The characters are just so lovable.

December 14, 1999

Charles M. Schulz announces retirement

Cartoonist Charles M. Schulz, creator of Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and the Peanuts gang, announces his retirement after more than 50 years of drawing the cartoon for syndication. Schulz was battling cancer.

Schulz was born in 1922 in St. Paul, Minnesota. The son of a barber, Schulz showed an early interest in art and took a correspondence course in cartooning--but scored poorly. After serving in the army in World War II, Schulz returned to St. Paul and took a job lettering comics for a small magazine. In 1947, Schulz began drawing a comic strip called L'il Folks for the St. Paul Pioneer Press. The strip featured a hapless young character named Charlie Brown and his gang of friends. In 1950, after several rejections, Schulz sold syndication rights to United Features, which renamed the strip Peanuts. Schulz drew the comic himself, without assistants, until his retirement in 1999. Peanuts ran in 2,600 papers, in 75 countries and 21 languages, and earned Schulz $30 million a year. Schulz died in 2000.

Mary Hartman was hot too! :D

KB

Archived