What is your favorite football team?

LedZep1969

Liverpool Football Club. LFC for short. Not Liverpool Soccer Club not LSC for short. They play FOOTBALL. We don't call it soccer though we might shorten it to Footie...Just thought I'd say like, yer know. Yep, you read it right FOOTBALL not soccer. The majority of UK Football Clubs are (name of club)FC That's F for FOOTBALL. Sometimes you may see (name of club)AFC. The A stands for Association from which the word soccer I think maybe a bastardisation of.. (not really sure, my theory). Anyway back to the thread subject matter "What's your favourite Football team" Mine is, Liverpool FC. Oh, can I ask our American friends are there any U.S teams that have FC after their name...for instance Chicago Bears Football Club or are they just plain old Chicago Bears? Cheers..yours a bored JTM.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The fact is, usually here in Brazil, in cities like mine where there's not a national level contender, people usually support two to three teams: one from their city and one or two of the bigger ones (usually these are from São Paulo and/or Rio de Janeiro). In my case, I support Clube do Remo (from my city, Belém - even though they've fallen in HARD times lately) and Botafogo (from Rio de Janeiro).

Also, since I grew up reading a lot of football magazines, I tend to have teams anywhere around the world. Mainly, outside of Brazil, I support Juventus, Barcelona and Liverpool. But I'm pretty much a football dork: ask me a country, I'll tell you which team I like the most there (but don't give me that crap of the small insular nation in South Pacific or somesuch).

This IS about REAL football. Not bleedin' SOCCER! :rolleyes:

And to answer the question:

49ERS AND GIANTS. I was raised near SF, the Niners are my home team. My better half was raised in Joisey, thus the Giants connection.

At any rate, I HATE the fucking Cowpies.

Really? I didn't know football was played by tossing a brown egg around with your hands...

Just kidding, I don't hate gridiron, I just don't usually follow it. Though I sympathize with Oakland Raiders (except for baseball, pretty much every American team I like is from LA or around there - funny thing) and the GB Packers.

Really? I didn't know football was played by tossing a brown egg around with your hands...

I'm with you Andy - even though I live in a country where 2 egg-ball codes are more dominant than the game you follow, 'the world game', I proudly and enthusiastically support it too.

... I'm pretty much a football dork: ask me a country, I'll tell you which team I like the most there

Now I want to take you up on this with my country but first just want to clarify whether

but don't give me that crap of the small insular nation in South Pacific or somesuch

refers to anywhere in particular...

Niners baby!! Been a 49ers fan since they drafted Joe Montana, lots of downs lately, but suddenly things seem on the upswing!!

Patriots--been following these guys since i was a young New England lad-still love my Patties, nice to see them winning after years of frustration growing up

Falcons-these guys caught my eyes in 90s before I moved down here, looking real good the last few years, Smith has been really amazing with them, just would like ot see Matty Ice get them to the next level though-definitely jamming this year!!

Archived