Starship Stewardess

fsmith9095

Dave,

Thank you. I appreciate your kind words. I look forward to next Tues too.

Here's the video you were looking for.

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/fs...=ZEPNBCTV73.flv

Thanks for sharing the link, great info there about the music industry back then. Looks like they were certainly having a blast on the Starship! B)

Dave,

Nice...

The NBC report was dated Aug. 31. 1973, and Zep finished their '73 Tour in July.

Can anyone pinpoint the city/airport the NBC report started in ? To what concert were they headed to ?

Thanks for the link, Frank! :thumbsup:

I love the fact that they are singing and dancing to "Oh I do like to be beside the seaside"! :hysterical: Classic.

I also can't help thinking that the interviewer didn't realise that Robert was being tongue in cheek when he lamented the fact that there wasn't a pool table on board! ;)

Nice...

The NBC report was dated Aug. 31. 1973, and Zep finished their '73 Tour in July.

Can anyone pinpoint the city/airport the NBC report started in ? To what concert were they headed to ?

I would imagine that the NBC report was broadcast August 31,73 but the Starship footage was taken from earlier in the tour.

I love the fact that they are singing and dancing to "Oh I do like to be beside the seaside"! :hysterical: Classic.

I also can't help thinking that the interviewer didn't realise that Robert was being tongue in cheek when he lamented the fact that there wasn't a pool table on board! ;)

You're very welcome Lilith. It's a great clip.

I thought the same thing-that Robert's joke about a billiard table was hysterical. I've always loved his sense of humor. No doubt that the interviewer missed the joke.

It's actually not a bad idea either-billiards on a plane would be a great way to entertain during a long flight..lol

Dave,

OMG!!! What an AWESOME clip--not only of Zep and the Starship (LOVE JP dancing around with Bonzo! LOL!!), but also BONUS with Bowie in there too!! I about fell out of my chair to see that on there as well...Bowie being another one of my all time faves. :)

thanks SOOOOO much!!!!!! :)

Sharon

You can take the boys out of Blighty, but you can't take Blighty out of the boys.

Thanks for the link!

OMG!!! What an AWESOME clip--not only of Zep and the Starship (LOVE JP dancing around with Bonzo! LOL!!), but also BONUS with Bowie in there too!! I about fell out of my chair to see that on there as well...Bowie being another one of my all time faves. :)

thanks SOOOOO much!!!!!! :)

Sharon

Sharon,

You are welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed it ;-)

You're very welcome Lilith. It's a great clip.

I thought the same thing-that Robert's joke about a billiard table was hysterical. I've always loved his sense of humor. No doubt that the interviewer missed the joke.

It's actually not a bad idea either-billiards on a plane would be a great way to entertain during a long flight..lol

Yes, it would be funny to play seeing how the billard balls would roll around, or fall into the cup if they were near the edge, depending on turbolence!!

Yes, it would be funny to play seeing how the billard balls would roll around, or fall into the cup if they were near the edge, depending on turbolence!!

Haha I can see them trying to play pool on the plane...it'd be like the scene in Airplane when the guy tries to shave in flight and comes out with TP all over the numerous cuts on his face!!

I wonder if fsmith9095 has had his phone call with the stewardess yet?

I wonder if Jimmy has silenced her?

(but not in a Godfather kind of way)

:lol:

Maybe Vito (Jimmy) made the stewardess an offer she couldn't refuse.

I really would like an update on this.

Archived