Starship Stewardess

fsmith9095

Thanks for the link, Frank! :thumbsup:

I love the fact that they are singing and dancing to "Oh I do like to be beside the seaside"! :hysterical: Classic.

I also can't help thinking that the interviewer didn't realise that Robert was being tongue in cheek when he lamented the fact that there wasn't a pool table on board! ;)

That's exactly what I was going to say--I think that a lot of journalists now would know his sense of humor. LOL

Hey everybody-

Sorry to have kept y'all hanging. I've been sick (again) this past week and also have been waiting for my new Internet connection to finally be installed at my new place after being w/o a connection for a week.

To put your minds at ease, I was not "silenced" by a secret Zeppelin agent by cloak and dagger up some darkened alley. B)

Actually,I have spoken to her again and its quite the reverse. All is good and there have been some interesting developments in the mean time which I can't divulge just yet.

The delay also has been due to her waiting for her coworker to visit before us continuing the conversation and her fellow stewardess didn't make the trip as planned.

So I'm going to touch bases with her again and see what the new plans to continue will be.

Hey everybody-

Sorry to have kept y'all hanging. I've been sick (again) this past week and also have been waiting for my new Internet connection to finally be installed at my new place after being w/o a connection for a week.

To put your minds at ease, I was not "silenced" by a secret Zeppelin agent by cloak and dagger up some darkened alley. B)

Actually,I have spoken to her again and its quite the reverse. All is good and there have been some interesting developments in the mean time which I can't divulge just yet.

The delay also has been due to her waiting for her coworker to visit before us continuing the conversation and her fellow stewardess didn't make the trip as planned.

So I'm going to touch bases with her again and see what the new plans to continue will be.

We'll be waiting. Thank you!

Hey everybody-

Hello!!!... Fsmith9085,

we are very happy that you have....arrived safely, and thank you for the incredible "inflight" entertainment service :) ........and I truly value your dedication and time that you taken for the Zep fans...

Ok, I am normaly very positive but I have to point out a few things here. This stewardess worked with Zeppelin on their plane over 30 years ago, at which time she was NOT a fan. She said their wasn't a lot of conversation that went on between her and the band but they were very nice. She apologized for not recalling specific details of her adventures because of her substance abuse affecting her memory. She claims she is going to write a book in time. A book about what? A book about a band she can't remember, whom she had no conversation with, and didn't care anything about anyway? Gimme a break.

Ok, I am normaly very positive but I have to point out a few things here. This stewardess worked with Zeppelin on their plane over 30 years ago, at which time she was NOT a fan. She said their wasn't a lot of conversation that went on between her and the band but they were very nice. She apologized for not recalling specific details of her adventures because of her substance abuse affecting her memory. She claims she is going to write a book in time. A book about what? A book about a band she can't remember, whom she had no conversation with, and didn't care anything about anyway? Gimme a break.

Maybe she's just toying around with the idea and doesn't have the specifics. I dunno - I'd not dismiss it quite yet. Could turn out to be interesting.

Who said it was a book about Led Zeppelin. She also met other musicians and famous people while being a stewardess. Perhaps this books she is thinking about writing is a small book regarding the rich and famous, not just Led Zeppelin.

Who said it was a book about Led Zeppelin. She also met other musicians and famous people while being a stewardess. Perhaps this books she is thinking about writing is a small book regarding the rich and famous, not just Led Zeppelin.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks,Timothy. This is exactly why I was hesitant on posting this story here. Some losers can NOT wait to rain on a parade and shit all over something that could potentially be of interest to us all.

As Timothy pointed out,our stewardess friend plans on writing a book about her experiences over 5 years with various bands in conjunction with her coworker who has a better recollection of details and events.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks,Timothy. This is exactly why I was hesitant on posting this story here. Some losers can NOT wait to rain on a parade and shit all over something that could potentially be of interest to us all.

As Timothy pointed out,our stewardess friend plans on writing a book about her experiences over 5 years with various bands in conjunction with her coworker who has a better recollection of details and events.

Don't let a few people spoil the fact most of us are enjoying your conversations with her and appreciate the time you're taking to share it with us :D

Don't let a few people spoil the fact most of us are enjoying your conversations with her and appreciate the time you're taking to share it with us :D

You're right. Thanks. There's bound to be a naysayer or two within this many people on here. And everyone else has been really receptive and positive with this thread.

I can't promise that anything more will come of this any time soon. If at all. But I have a feeling that there will be more to post that would be of interest to us all soon. She doesn't check her email often ( which is how we arrange to talk on the phone each time). But as soon as I hear from her again,I'll update the thread.

You're right. Thanks. There's bound to be a naysayer or two within this many people on here. And everyone else has been really receptive and positive with this thread.

I can't promise that anything more will come of this any time soon. If at all. But I have a feeling that there will be more to post that would be of interest to us all soon. She doesn't check her email often ( which is how we arrange to talk on the phone each time). But as soon as I hear from her again,I'll update the thread.

Yes there will be. My feeling is if they aren't interested in the thread, just ignore it rather than try to spoil it but what can you do. Do keep us posted as things develop and again, thanks for sharing it with us :toast:

thank you for this thread, fsmith9005, this is so funny, when I first saw the name of the thread I thought about "Big Love" song, but it turned out to be a different stewardess :D

This stuff is priceless, keep us posted and give regards to her (that is, if she does not mind that the people on the message board discuss what was just one of work moments for her B) )

Thank you Frank, for the information and this thread. It is greatly appreciated. :)

I am glad that she is still talking!

She definitely has experienced something very unique and should write a book about her experiences. I'm sure that she could get a ghost writer to put her thoughts on the subject into a book. And not just her Led Zeppelin experiences, but also those with the other bands that hired the Starship.

I'm anxiously waiting to hear the rest of the story!

Keep us posted!

:)

Thank you Frank, for the information and this thread. It is greatly appreciated. :)

I am glad that she is still talking!

She definitely has experienced something very unique and should write a book about her experiences. I'm sure that she could get a ghost writer to put her thoughts on the subject into a book. And not just her Led Zeppelin experiences, but also those with the other bands that hired the Starship.

I'm anxiously waiting to hear the rest of the story!

Keep us posted!

:)

My pleasure. I wish I was able to talk with her every day. But I dont want to make a pest of myself of course. I've been approached by 3 different people offering to ghost write her story. But I'm assuming that finding a writer won't be an issue given that she's been in "the business" in the past.

What I am interested in are the stories that her fellow stewardess may be able to recount. And also,she's mentioned that she has some photos in storage that she'll dig out for me. Now those should be interesting. Although I wouldn't be surprised if she keeps those "previously unseen" photos for her book,of course.

I'll certainly be glad to post anything she and I discuss as soon as I speak with her again

( And tickles for your Schnauzer)

Frank

Archived