GRAMMY Results

SuperDave

Congratulations Robert, Alison, T-Bone and the team! :toast:

Also a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread by posting information, links, opinions, etc. concerning the event. It has been a thrilling night and I've greatly enjoyed this thread. :wave: Time to take a little nap now though.

Edited by Zanadu

Congratulations Robert, Alison, T-Bone and the team! :toast:

Also a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread by posting information, links, opinions, etc. concerning the event. It has been a thrilling night and I've greatly enjoyed this thread. :wave: Time to take a little nap now, though...

Yes it is :wave:

Well, it turned out to be a wonderful night in the end--though I'd given up hope before it even started, since I had that red-carpet show on and as a couple of people already said, Robert and Alison weren't even mentioned (I can't believe I endured two hours of that crap and still managed to miss them when they did actually appear :P ).

But, all's well that ends well! :cheer::cheer:

A wonderful vindication of talent. :)

He mentioned that Please read the letter was a song he and Jimmy did post-Zeppelin

That was classy. I heard that song the other day for the first time. Thanks for the info, I didn't watch the Grammys as it is just too long and too much fluff. I do like Radiohead and Justin Timberlake though.

Some might take what I say the wrong way but please read the whole post. First congratulations to Robert, Allison and T-Bone. Its a fantastic album and to me by far deserved Album of the Year.

My what might be controversial comment is about the grammys, the song Robert and Allison played was a great song, does anyone else who goes to many concerts and clubs like myself think the song they played should have been played a little earliar and then come back out at the end for acceptance? Again, they deserved all the accolations they received, I just think the last 15 minutes of the grammys were just kind of blah, yes other than Robert and Allisons performance, it was almost like the grammys needed a higher energy song to finish, or maybe after Robert and Allison finished the acceptance speech a high energy performance by Stevie or another. Does anyone else understand what I am saying?

8:38 p.m.: Parting thoughts: Another Grammys, another year without any surprises. When it comes to album of the year, always pick old over innovative. With "Raising Sand," Robert Plant and Alison Krauss crafted an engrossing and timeless country-influenced album, one that certainly deserved to be rewarded for best contemporary folk album.

But album of the year? Not against Radiohead's "In Rainbows," an album that took more chances, pairing Radiohead's electronic and studio experimentations with some of the group's warmest songs to date.

A year after awarding Herbie Hancock's "River: The Joni Letters" album of the year over Kanye West's "Graduation," the Grammys had the opportunity to show a little more relevancy. But they missed it. Instead of awarding record of the year to M.I.A.'s arresting "Paper Planes," the trophy again went to Plant & Krauss for "Please Read the Letter." But give them a point for giving best new artist to Adele over the Jonas Brothers.

The Grammys also felt a bit more bloated this year. Ten awards were given out during the telecast, which was heavy on music performances -- some of them puzzling. U2 opened the show with its latest single, "Get on Your Boots," a song that won't even be eligible for a Grammy until next year. And Stevie Wonder and the Jonas Brothers paired up for a clunky, cross-generational performance.

However, there was plenty of good music as well. There's no denying that Carrie Underwood gave a blistering performance of "Last Name," and that Kanye West and Estelle had a blast with "American Boy." Justin Timberlake and T.I. were strong with "Dead and Gone," with Timberlake flashing a bit more soul than usual.

A complete run-down is below.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog...grammy-awa.html