Jimmy rejects LZ Hollywood WOF Star petition

zeptangerine

Well, if Jimmy doesn't want it done that will make it harder. But if that area is as sleazy as I read it was, it's just as well. Though I signed it, Zep is too classy for it. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I do not recall that particular area of Hollywood ever being that sleazy. I doubt that the issue is class. Zeppelin may be classy, but class only goes so far. I'm sure that Mr. Big Stuff would agree. B)

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Immortalized/WalkOfFame.shtml

I lived in LA foreight years. Don't let the palm trees fool you. It's a sleaze pit (just with lots of hot bodies walking around).

The frickin' Hollywood Walk of Fame?? That his publicist would deem such a frivolous petition worthy of a response and the media deem it worthy of coverage is quite a contrast to the "Zep World Tour" many anticipated this month. Truly, it really is over.

Billy Cox and Janie Hendrix admire JIMI HENDRIX's star at the Country :huh: Music Walk of Fame in Nashville.

1zgg3fo.jpg

Funny you should post that. I was there about a month ago. Could not believe it.

I suppose it loosely ties in to the local tourism campaign of "Music City" but any

connection beyond that is arguable. Oh well, more decorative than a plain slab

of grey.

Me too. I stay in Santa Monica on Wilshire Blvd, cruize along the coast up to Malibu, up into the mountains and then come back by way of Mulholland Drive. I head to the San Gabriel Mtns. as well.

I'd think Jimmy would go for the star. Billy Cox and Janie Hendrix admire JIMI HENDRIX's star at the Country :huh: Music Walk of Fame in Nashville.

1zgg3fo.jpg

It would surely seem so out of place alongside such others as Hank Williams, Emmylou Harris, Barbara Mandrell amongst others, but he spent some of his formitive years playing Music City. Jimi is at the Hollywood one too.

Jimi Hendrix Performs The Country Blues

Funny you should post that. I was there about a month ago. Could not believe it.

I suppose it loosely ties in to the local tourism campaign of "Music City" but any

connection beyond that is arguable. Oh well, more decorative than a plain slab

of grey.

Talk about staying in the limelight. What a joke and it just confirms my opinion of the Hendrix family and everybody that's making a buck off the man's legacy . Talk about selling out :angry:

Posted this elsewhere and never got a reply from Rocky:

Hey, not trying to be a poo-poo'er to your effort, Rocky. I think it's valiant and noble and with the best intentions and hopefully it works -- I'm all for anything to see the guys get together. But I'm just guessing that, with the "star-quotient" of the people who have been added on the walk in recent years, that Zep had to have been approached in the past by those who give them out and turned it down. Purely speculation on my part. Does anyone know this?

It is still a great American honor, for sure. But just how cool is it anymore? That's what I was getting at before.

The frickin' Hollywood Walk of Fame?? That his publicist would deem such a frivolous petition worthy of a response and the media deem it worthy of coverage is quite a contrast to the "Zep World Tour" many anticipated this month. Truly, it really is over.

Well Joan Hudson isn't his publicist, Steve. I don't see a problem with responding to the guy - I don't quite get why a polite response means its "over" - and Blabbermouth isn't exactly News At Ten, or even The Sun (which incidentally broke the Madonna divorce story, and is often far more credible than people claim- though I personally avoid it because of the Hillsborough coverage which was a disgrace).

The response from Joan Hudson was clearly supposed to be a private communication and wasn't some sort of press release. I don't blame Jimmy in the slightest for his lack of interest, and I think it was honourable of him to let the guy know. Now if only he'd turn his attention to answering other questions.........

Yeah, like 28 years. Here's hoping it can remain dignified, though. I mean what next,

an idea for velvet paintings?

Viva Led Zeppelin ;)

Thank you very much (in my Elvis voice)...

Yes. We'll have to wait and see what's next for JP and the others (perhaps be redirected to their sites or something new, since Elvis has left the building)...

R B)

Posted this elsewhere and never got a reply from Rocky:

Hey, not trying to be a poo-poo'er to your effort, Rocky. I think it's valiant and noble and with the best intentions and hopefully it works -- I'm all for anything to see the guys get together. But I'm just guessing that, with the "star-quotient" of the people who have been added on the walk in recent years, that Zep had to have been approached in the past by those who give them out and turned it down. Purely speculation on my part. Does anyone know this?

It is still a great American honor, for sure. But just how cool is it anymore? That's what I was getting at before.

_39581727_britneyap2_203.jpg

Archived