JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

• 1220869.jpg
  • 2220869.jpg
  • 3220869.jpg

22 Aug 1969

I played Pirates' World, Florida with Led Zeppelin

In 1969, Led Zeppelin played Pirates' World, which suited our buccaneering spirit. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

When in Miami, the band stayed at the Doral hotel, which had a cocktail lounge nightclub in the basement. I got to hear Little Richard and his band in this club environment and boy were they good. It's Little Richard's songs that pioneered rock'n'roll. With Elvis singing them, this black music source just went under the radar during a racist period of time.

Download link to the song (It will download the song to your computer): http://cdn.jimmypage.com/sites/default/files/uploads/220869b.mp3

• 1220869.jpg
  • 2220869.jpg
  • 3220869.jpg

22 Aug 1969

In 1969, Led Zeppelin played Pirates' World, which suited our buccaneering spirit. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

When in Miami, the band stayed at the Doral hotel, which had a cocktail lounge nightclub in the basement. I got to hear Little Richard and his band in this club environment and boy were they good. It's Little Richard's songs that pioneered rock'n'roll. With Elvis singing them, this black music source just went under the radar during a racist period of time.

Download link to the song (It will download the song to your computer): http://cdn.jimmypage.com/sites/default/files/uploads/220869b.mp3

8/22/11

82211.jpg

Thank you for putting these stuffs!Jimmy's association with Nico and today's 'On This Day' are my most favorites thus far. :D

Lets see if Disney has an "issue" with the font used for the 8-22-11 "On this day".

Yeah, it does seem quite similar, especially the "W". Coming from someone who visits here on an annual basis! But the font really shouldn't be a big deal as I'm sure they have more important matters to concentrate on.

Yeah, it does seem quite similar, especially the "W". Coming from someone who visits here on an annual basis! But the font really shouldn't be a big deal as I'm sure they have more important matters to concentrate on.

I agree. I just made the comment because the past few Page/Plant videos that were posted were blocked. Imagine that!....Jimmy can't even show his own music videos! Just expecting more of the same interference.

I agree. I just made the comment because the past few Page/Plant videos that were posted were blocked. Imagine that!....Jimmy can't even show his own music videos! Just expecting more of the same interference.

I think it has to do with WMG blocking these in the USA and not the rest of the world. He may need to chose videos that have been posted on YT that can be viewed universally. Funny, considering he has the rights to the material.

OMG! My jaw dropped when I saw that Zep played at Pirates World - I never knew that & still can't picture it. Special thanks to LedZepFilm for the big, separated photos - you are a gentleman and a scholar. :)

Here's a bit more on the park if any of you (precious few, I'm sure) want the low-down: http://www.lostparks.com/piratesw.html

I thought it was a bit later on - in the 70's - that the park started to bring bands in for concerts. A friend's husband told me he saw the Rascals, Jethro Tull, Traffic, Grand Funk, Blood Rock, Three Dog Night and Black Sabbath there.

It just goes to the homepage, could you post the photos here?

Video footage from the following date:

This is a fantastic bit of footage...:)

aaaah, those photo's are from Sept 1970 not Aug 21/71 ;)

Yes, Jimmy was wearing that outfit the first time I saw the band (although I wasn't at the show itself). He did have a beard (and similar hair) in September 1971, the first time I saw the band perform, but he was wearing a different outfit. ;) I don't know if Jimmy's site will highlight anything else from the 1971 N.A. tour but I would be curious to know if and what Jimmy remembers from the MSG show (Scott Muni introducing the band, the stage cracking, Robert trying to quiet the crowd for STH, the ovation after STH was played, Robert bouncing up and down on stage, the fans trying to clamor on stage, the girl next to us fainting and her friend yelling "Girl fainted!, Girl fainted!" over and over again above the noise of the crowd).

22 Aug 1969

Download link to the song (It will download the song to your computer): http://cdn.jimmypage...ads/220869b.mp3

Interesting statement (if it was written by Jimmy).

8/22/11

This reminds me somewhat of LZ's "Rock and Roll."

Archived