JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Ha yeah I'm afraid they clearly aren't pro shots - I was up in the fron balcony beside the spots guy and just snapping with my little Olympus - too excited to get clear shots but I love them because they capture they excitement!

My sister was a HUGE Aerosmith fan and desperately wanted my ticket but when I heard Jimmy was gonna show up I had to be selfish ;)

I would recommend Tangiers also. There's a hotel there that Jimmy used to hang out at, it's worth a visit.

El Minzah? Jim Morrison liked that place too. Actually, I just checked the room rates, they're not as sky-high as one would assume.

Back to today's feature: stunning photo of Patricia & Jimmy, love the audio clip too.

Thank you, aen and Alice. I had no idea how old Jimmy's son James was or when he was born so I just guessed it was him. Cute little boy in this photo, whoever he is (and he looks to be around 4-6 years, not 2).

Jimmy's son James Patrick Page (same name as Daddy and Daddy's Daddy) was born in April 1988 on the anniversary date of Jimmy's parents. The boy in the photo is definitely not James.

Jimmy's son James Patrick Page (same name as Daddy and Daddy's Daddy) was born in April 1988 on the anniversary date of Jimmy's parents. The boy in the photo is definitely not James.

I thought James' daddy was named after both his parents so his daddy's daddy would not be James Patrick Page, just James ? Page.

That's one of the Pagean mysteries I think, tho Steve & Knebby will know for sure. I thought our Jimmy was a Jr. until he said in his book that he was named James Patrick after his father & mother respectively.

I kinda wish the Dark Lord would have an "Ask Jimmy" feature on his web site, the way Keith Richards has an "Ask Keith" section. Though maybe Pagey would just get tediously predictable questions like, "Will Zeppelin reunite?" and "Why won't Zeppelin reunite?"

Is it me or is that a skull on his shirt? Right next to the Coke can, just above his left hand.

That is quite cool!

I see a skull (very clear and detailed) too but I can't tell if it's actually on the fabric of Jimmy's shirt or if it's a sort of watermark on the original photo.

Thanks SAJ - as I mentioned to aen and Alice I didn't know the age or birth year of Jimmy's oldest son so I just guessed that might be him in the photo.

That's one of the Pagean mysteries I think, tho Steve & Knebby will know for sure. I thought our Jimmy was a Jr. until he said in his book that he was named James Patrick after his father & mother respectively.

I kinda wish the Dark Lord would have an "Ask Jimmy" feature on his web site, the way Keith Richards has an "Ask Keith" section. Though maybe Pagey would just get tediously predictable questions like, "Will Zeppelin reunite?" and "Why won't Zeppelin reunite?"

My friends and I have talked about this and while it would be a nice feature we don't know how the mods and admins would be able cull out the crazies (e.g., the women who insist they were/are Jimmy's secret friends and lovers, the ones who insist he calls them "aurora" or "cheshire") - I can imagine the sorts of things the site mods get just via the feedback button keep them busy enough.

I see a skull (very clear and detailed) too but I can't tell if it's actually on the fabric of Jimmy's shirt or if it's a sort of watermark on the original photo.

Thanks SAJ - as I mentioned to aen and Alice I didn't know the age or birth year of Jimmy's oldest son so I just guessed that might be him in the photo.

My friends and I have talked about this and while it would be a nice feature we don't know how the mods and admins would be able cull out the crazies (e.g., the women who insist they were/are Jimmy's secret friends and lovers, the ones who insist he calls them "aurora" or "cheshire") - I can imagine the sorts of things the site mods get just via the feedback button keep them busy enough.

Aurora? Cheshire? Where and how did that come about?

Thank you, aen! We just had a discussion about JP and his association with Nico on another site.

I love the "editorial note" included with this one. :)

Edited to add: Is this photo from the same era? Someone sent me a larger, clearer copy (and other photos from the same night) but this is the only one I can find right now.

2m85apl.jpg

I thought our Jimmy was a Jr. until he said in his book that he was named James Patrick after his father & mother respectively.

I can clarify this. All three - Jimmy's father, Jimmy, and Jimmy's son - are named James Patrick Page.

Jimmy's mother is named Patricia and Jimmy's former-wife (mother of his son) is also named Patricia.

Coincidentally, Jimmy's son was born in April 1988 on his fraternal grandparents wedding anniversary.

Archived