JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

I remember Jimmy saying that in an interview some years ago. Great piece of the bit we've heard. (from the August 12th "I Had A Day Off" entry) Unfortunately, I forgot to save it. :boohoo: If anyone can help me out I'd be much obliged! :guitar_mood:

SuperDave, Aen27 saved it earlier... Look several posts back. :)

I remember Jimmy saying that in an interview some years ago. Great piece of the bit we've heard. (from the August 12th "I Had A Day Off" entry) Unfortunately, I forgot to save it. :boohoo: If anyone can help me out I'd be much obliged! :guitar_mood:

I posted it last night via youtube. It's back up in the thread from last night. :)

I find his explanation of the back injury interesting as he'd just had a full month off prior to the Albuquerque gig (a mid-tour break). I was told by one who was with him at the time he reported he had injured his back on the the day off in-between Albuequerque and the Leno show performance. It was decided to press on with the Leno performance. I'm aware of how he injured (or apparently reinjured) his back but he quite understandably didn't reveal that on jp.com so I'll continue not to reveal it here.

I find his explanation of the back injury interesting as he'd just had a full month off prior to the Albuquerque gig (a mid-tour break). I was told by one who was with him at the time he reported he had injured his back on the the day off in-between Albuequerque and the Leno show performance. It was decided to press on with the Leno performance.

It is interesting. I did record the Leno performance on VCR tape which I still have, and Leno said (either before or after "The Wanton Song") that they would be playing at "The Joint" in Las Vegas, so for all intents and purposes it was still on when that episode of Leno aired. My memory is a little foggy now, but not too foggy to forget that the Phoenix date(August 13)was cancelled days (maybe a week or more maybe) before the Albuquerque date. So he must have been really bugged by the injury and contemplating cancelling shows well before the Albuquerque date... So the cancellations started well before the Albuquerque date(the 12th). But again why the Vegas concert was not cancelled is interesting. My friend who was living in Vegas said to me; "Nobody Cancels Vegas" and I think that has something to do with why it wasn't cancelled, I don't believe anyone in Vegas believed it...Hope my feedback is useful.

I have been doing a little Internet reading on the Swan Song Suite that Jimmy had allegedly been working on prior to PG. It is interesting that the song is entitled "Summers Day", as one article I have read said the Swan Song Suite would represent each season, Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.

I have seen a few websites that have made similar claims about "Swan Song", but I've never found a quote from Jimmy that confirms it. He does mention the four seasons in this 2001 interview, but he doesn't state that it was related to "Swan Song".

I have seen a few websites that have made similar claims about "Swan Song", but I've never found a quote from Jimmy that confirms it. He does mention the four seasons in this 2001 interview, but he doesn't state that it was related to "Swan Song".

Hi SwanDown,

This is one of the articles I was recently reading which quotes a quote that Jimmy made to Chris Welch in 1976 about this instrumental piece he was working on and I guess that is how it got tied to "Swan Song" ...TBL ARCHIVE EXTRACT: PHYSICAL GRAFFITI 35th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL... but then this article goes on to say that the basis of Swan Song was used in "Midnight Moonlight".

I still would love to think there is a beautiful complete acoustic instrumental in our future from Mr. Page, I guess we will have to stay tuned.

Cheers!:)

Chris Robinson (to me) is THE VOCALIST Jimmy should be working with now. I'm not the biggest BC fan but the passion he brings to his singing reminds me of 1968 Robert Plant.

Any chance the 1968 Page would be available ? ? :icecream:

Archived