It Might Get Loud release date

aen27

It looks like according to Empire Movies, that It Might Get Loud finally has a release date of August 21st of this year. I wish it was sooner, but I still can't wait to see Jimmy!!!

http://www.empiremovies.com/movie/it-might...d/24613/preview

YAY!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting this!!! I just wish it was sooner---I can't understand WHY it would take so long???

Sharon

Great to hear this! Many thanks. These things take a while due to the ole search for a distributor. Without that, there is no theatre or dvd release. Just a little bit important. The whole process takes a while and I guess different ditributors put in bids if interested.

Can anyone supply more detail how this process works?

Great to hear this! Many thanks. These things take a while due to the ole search for a distributor. Without that, there is no theatre or dvd release. Just a little bit important. The whole process takes a while and I guess different ditributors put in bids if interested.

Can anyone supply more detail how this process works?

I'm not sure why they're holding the release. Sometimes they do that for example, to have something out prior to Christmas to hopefully boost sales, though of course that's not the issue here. Could also be perhaps they're doing a few more screenings around prior? At any rate, happy to see it will be viewable in due time :D

I hope it'll be on DVD, I can't imagine it coming to a theatre anywhere near me. :(

I hope the same. A DVD would be the best for me.

I live in LA, so I'm hoping against hope on some kind of premiere....I know, "keep dreamin', Moonmaid..."

• 4 weeks later...

Another really great article came out about this today.

Jimmy Page has the impish smile of a kid on Christmas morning. It lights up his whole face - his entire surroundings, really.

Watching him, you find yourself smiling simply because he's smiling, and it happens twice during the hypnotic and remarkable new documentary It Might Get Loud, which focuses with laser-beam intensity on the talents of guitarists The Edge, Jack White and, of course, Page himself.

The first time this occurs is in Page's house when he puts on an old vinyl single of Link Wray's Rumble. Listening to the languid, gravel-and-barbed wire-like guitar chords ring out and remarking on Wray's pioneering use of vibrato, Page is transported back to his youth, and his ear-to-ear grin is infectious.

Entire story here

Hi Everyone! It's been ages!! :wave:

Jimmy Page has the impish smile of a kid on Christmas morning. It lights up his whole face - his entire surroundings, really.

Watching him, you find yourself smiling simply because he's smiling, and it happens twice during the hypnotic and remarkable new documentary It Might Get Loud, which focuses with laser-beam intensity on the talents of guitarists The Edge, Jack White and, of course, Page himself.

The first time this occurs is in Page's house when he puts on an old vinyl single of Link Wray's Rumble. Listening to the languid, gravel-and-barbed wire-like guitar chords ring out and remarking on Wray's pioneering use of vibrato, Page is transported back to his youth, and his ear-to-ear grin is infectious.

As I said in the Ross Halfin thread last week, "a smiling Jimmy makes everything alright".

Archived