SteveAJones

Boot Poisoning (#238) (Tokyo, Japan)

238.jpg

NO.238 (VOL.23,NO.3) 1,200 yen

★ BOOTLEG REVIEWS

*REGALIA 929(3CD)(WECD-200/01/02)

*RARE FILMS(DVD)(SPDVD-001)

*ARMS US TOUR(2CD)(EC-ARMS-001/02)

*ARMS-LIVE IN COW PALACE SAN FRANCISCO CALIFORNIA U.S.A. DECEMBER 2, 1983(DVD-R)

*EARLS COURT(2CD-R)(LZL-1975)

*LIVE IN COW PALACE SAN FRANCISCO CALIFORNIA U.S.A. DECEMBER 3, 1983(DVD-R)

*LIVE IN MILWAUKEE 10TH JULY 1973(TCD-122(A))

*THE RONNIE LANE APPEAL FOR ARMS(DVD)(WOW-348)

*ARMS' CONCERT-3DAYS COMPLETE MASTER(6CD-R)(ARMS-01)

*THE COMPLETE ARMS' CONCERT(DVD)(ARMS DVD)

Boot Poisoning is essentially a monthly fanzine that reviews all the latest Japanese Led Zeppelin bootleg cd releases for the band's Tokyo fans. Find copies online by searching "Boot Poisoning Led Zeppelin". The reviews are printed in Japanese (although the titles of the releases are printed in English). Each issue is about 22 pages. I actually discovered Boot Poisoning today when I purchased a total of 87 assorted back issues (#30s-#140s) from a merchant downtown. I had no idea how many issues had been published in the series and was shocked to learn it's still a going concern. If anyone out there has additional back issues for sale please contact me.

19960144FrontCover.jpg

Scan courtesy Steve A. Jones Archive

AWESOME pic from Oakland '77! where do they get their images from?? never seen that one before.

Steve, if I may ask beg, can you scan the covers of the copies you bought of Boot Poisoning that have 77 related photos and post them?

Everythings gone up or going up mate.

Sometimes it's cheaper to subscribe online and get mags etc shipped to you.

The reason it's so expensive here is because it's imported from the UK, plus it's a special issue, which runs a little higher than a standard issue of Uncut.

The reason it's so expensive here is because it's imported from the UK, plus it's a special issue, which runs a little higher than a standard issue of Uncut.

The price of imports affects everyone not just the US. With the low "Pacific Peso" or US dollar not as strong against other currencies anymore, expect to pay more for imports in the future. We had to in the recent past and most likely will again. It all depends on how obsessive one is when it comes to collecting magazines, records or anything else for that matter and how bad one craves them.

AWESOME pic from Oakland '77! where do they get their images from?? never seen that one before.

Steve, if I may ask beg, can you scan the covers of the copies you bought of Boot Poisoning that have 77 related photos and post them?

I'd never seen that shot before either and great shots of Peter Grant are few and far between. I presume it was originally published in a '70s era Japanese magazine or liberated from a photo archive. I do intend to post scans of all the covers because of their uniqueness.

They will be presented in a separate thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just picked this up & it's great because as an American I never got to read those NME & Melody Maker interviews in full unlike the Creem articles of the 70's. Reading those articles in this Uncut compilation made me realize what a lazy writer Stephen Davis is in "Hammer Of The Gods", not for his quoting of things the band members said in the original articles but for actually lifting the authors of those articles choice of words in their observations & essentially passing them off as his own.

I looked at this Uncut The Unltimate Music Guide abot Zeppelin the other day at B&N.

The articles were okay, and there were many photos that I had not seen before.

But, my criticism, is Uncut's editorial proofreading with regards to the labeling of the photos placed around the time each album was discussed. Many of those photos are obviously mis-labeled. When I see Page indoors with the double-neck and the sunglasses on, I assume that's '77 and not '75. But Uncat has the photo labeled as '75.

Ther are other examples, but that's just sloppy work for an Ultimate Music Guide, imo.

I bought two copies at Books A Million, yesterday before I headed off to buy four new tires for my vehicle.

It was interesting to read the album reviews and how many "stars" were given to each song. Also saw a few pics new to me.

Pretty cool post o2 interviews as well.

Well worth the dinero.

Also bought a Beatles 50 Most Historic Moments mag as well.

Nothing like spending close to $40.00 on three mags.

Classic Rock Issue 176 Oct 2012 Has a feature on Led Zep's 'secret' UK debut on 4th October 1968. At a Newcastle Ballroom, Audience members turning up expecting to see The Yardbirds.

Edited by johnthomasmoby

I purchased theZeppelin issue of The Ultimate Music Guide in the summer. Read it from cover to cover. It's still on my bedside nightstand and I pick it up from time to time.

I just finished reading mine from cover to cover too. I loved every moment it it. :D