SLASH To Play On Instrumental Version Of 'Kashmr'

The Pagemeister

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash has posted the following message on his MySpace page:

"Just wanted to update you on what's going to be happening in the next few weeks.

Week after next, I'm going into the studio to start recording [my solo album]. I've made a ton of headway getting some killer songs written with some very profound individuals over the last couple of months. It's going to be an amazing record. Next week, however, I'm going to do some guitar work for an instrumental version of LED ZEPPELIN's 'Kashmir', performed by ESCALA, an all-girl string quartet from the U.K."

What exactly he said he is going to do with this 4some all-girl string quartet actually? Mr. Sex, drugs and rocknroll?? :)). Yes, and he will record something with them too, Kashmir seems like a nice choice.

I'm not sure what you mean by what's a rock guitarist going to do with a string quartet. Many rock musicians have included classical instruments in their music. Robert and Jimmy toured with an orchestra in support of their Unledded project.

What exactly he said he is going to do with this 4some all-girl string quartet actually? Mr. Sex, drugs and rocknroll?? :)). Yes, and he will record something with them too, Kashmir seems like a nice choice.

:rolleyes:

The name would fit the dark lord quite well, too.

And what's your problem with a 4some all girl string quartet? If they are good then they are good.

:rolleyes:

The name would fit the dark lord quite well, too.

And what's your problem with a 4some all girl string quartet? If they are good then they are good.

I think the post was making a joke about 1 man and 4 women getting together, in addition to recording. At least that's how I read it. Or maybe my mind is "in the gutter". :D

I think the post was making a joke about 1 man and 4 women getting together, in addition to recording. At least that's how I read it. Or maybe my mind is "in the gutter". :D

Ok, maybe I just overreacted as a girl who plays string.

I apologize if I read too much into it.

I had the chance to see Slash at the Les Paul Tribute in November. He played an instrumental piece that night..........amazing!

Seems he is taking his talent to different levels. It's good to see that he is trying new things. He was sitting a few feet away from us at some points that night. He had his kids with him, they are so cute! It was cute to see that side of him.

Seems he is taking his talent to different levels. It's good to see that he is trying new things. He was sitting a few feet away from us at some points that night. He had his kids with him, they are so cute! It was cute to see that side of him.

:yesnod:

You know what cracked me up about that night? Slash was smoking on stage and in the auditorium that night. I guess the Smoking rules don't apply? LOL!

He indeed is one of a kind! He seems very nice.

I had the chance to see Slash at the Les Paul Tribute in November. He played an instrumental piece that night..........amazing!

I appreciated his performance at the Les Paul Tribute Concert, also.

I am not a Slash fan, but I did think that his playing was excellent.

And I did like that instrumental song that he played.

I think that it was called "Vocalise".

Vocalise

Thanks for posting those Buck"eye"Doc!

Too bad we didn't know each other then! We could've met up that night.

That would have been great.

I had just joined the forum then and didn't know any one and rarely posted.

We will have to meet up at another function, maybe at a Robert and Alison concert or another RRHOF function.

I told my son about the Led Zeppelin Forum members getting together before the Induction Ceremony and he and his friend may meet up with everyone then. (I still can't go, so I am giving my tickets to my son.)

Are you going to the Eric Clapton/Steve Winwood concert in Columbus in June?

Archived