What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Please, call me Kris.

Yeah, 87 is a fragile age, but you're right, there is always hope.

Alcoholism is a terrible disease, and yes, I believe it to be so.

My best to you. It must be very difficult for your family.

Thanks Kris,

it is quite a difficult time as it will be the Anniversary of my Brothers Death on the 9th 0f Jan...(8 years)

Yes it is an Addiction just like Smoking, Drugs and many other things..

Kate

Edited by Fool In The Rain 60

I am sorry Kate. My thoughts are with your aunt and brother. My mom has had her struggles with alcohol the past few decades. Her psychiatrist put her on a medicine that blocks the receptors in her brain that triggers the cravings. So far, so good. She has been on it for a couple of months.

Hi 'Melanie' sounds like your Mom is getting the right Treatment,hope all works out for her..

My Brother is suppose to take 20 Tablets a day, but he seems to think that he is cured now that he feels a little better.

Sadly only he can help him self, and at the moment he is set on a path of self destruction...

Not the best of starts Fool? I am sure, God willing, things will get better?

Not the best of starts today. Boiler has gone tits up. Never understand Combi boilers. We can get heating but no hot water? Bummer, no shower this morning and Mrs CP has to go to London for meeting tomorrow so looks like an ever ending procession of pans from the stove :angry: . Any plumbers handy?

About 24 hrs ago, I finally took the bull by the horns and joined a BMW owner's site to ask about a problem with my car that's been bugging the shit out of me for nearly a year. A day later, 50 views and no replies. Looks like there's no cure. Damn.

I won't even bother explaining the problem here, because you'll all think I'm being ridiculously picky.

Ok, here's what I asked. Hell, someone here might even have the answer:

"Hi

I've had my 320i for a year now and I've been tolerating a very annoying problem all that time, but enough is enough...

It has the standard radio/cassette fitted, and I added the standard CD changer. The problem is the 'Nanny State' volume limiter, which seemingly wants to protect me from myself, and adjusts the volume to a derisory level whenever I slow down after cranking the volume at speed. Now that wouldn't be so bad if I could just turn it up again, but usually it won't budge until I speed up again considerably, which is no use when I'm stuck in traffic. The only solution I've found is to turn it off & on again, which is incredibly irritating.

If I could find the idiotic do-gooder who invented this wretched feature, I would kidnap them and take them on a terror ride, blasting the Heaviest of Metal, and tell them 'Musik sollte IMMER so laut sein, Dummkopf'...but in the meantime, does anyone know whether this can be overriden somehow?

Also, the volume occasionally drops out completely, but reappears if I turn it up. What might be causing this, please?

Thank you."

Not the best of starts Fool? I am sure, God willing, things will get better?

Not the best of starts today. Boiler has gone tits up. Never understand Combi boilers. We can get heating but no hot water? Bummer, no shower this morning and Mrs CP has to go to London for meeting tomorrow so looks like an ever ending procession of pans from the stove :angry: . Any plumbers handy?

Snap same here. It's amazing how much you take hot water for granted. Anyway I have a plumber on the way ETA between 12-6pm (fingers crossed.)

Snap same here. It's amazing how much you take hot water for granted. Anyway I have a plumber on the way ETA between 12-6pm (fingers crossed.)

No plumber for the CP's. Have to wait for tomorrow. Indeed taking hot water as standard is weird when you don't have it. If I didn't have this bastard of a head cold I would be down the swimming pool for some lengths and a hot shower.

Grandma has vascular dementia. Granted it isn't bad yet, it can really only get worse. Good thing though is she is gonna quit smoking and start exercising more and eating better. She had some deadly blood pressure about a week or so ago when she was in the hospital (200 range) and she is currently in a nursing home. My grandpa, her husband, and my aunt, her daughter, visit her daily. She is also getting physical therapy which is going good, so things are looking up for her.

About 24 hrs ago, I finally took the bull by the horns and joined a BMW owner's site to ask about a problem with my car that's been bugging the shit out of me for nearly a year. A day later, 50 views and no replies. Looks like there's no cure. Damn.

I won't even bother explaining the problem here, because you'll all think I'm being ridiculously picky.

Should have stuck with a Ford...lol

Should have stuck with a Ford...lol

speaking of fords, i was watching a war doco the other day, and they talked about how henry ford gave thousands of dollars to hitler, being all the profits of car sales in germany, and a $50,000 gift every year on his birthday! i was shocked to hear that! and they said hugo boss designed all the nazi uniforms, too .......

speaking of fords, i was watching a war doco the other day, and they talked about how henry ford gave thousands of dollars to hitler, being all the profits of car sales in germany, and a $50,000 gift every year on his birthday! i was shocked to hear that! and they said hugo boss designed all the nazi uniforms, too .......

I've heard that too. I was born with Chevy (GM) blood in my veins...

You can't please everybody. I am finding that out each & every day.... :unsure:

Yep...that's why they looked so spiffy.

I've heard that too. I was born with Chevy (GM) blood in my veins...

You can't please everybody. I am finding that out each & every day.... :unsure:

That's why you should just worry about pleasing yourself first. ;)

Yep. There are quite a lot of companies that worked with or supported Hitler. Plus, Hitler was the one that came up with Volkswagon, a car for all people. Porsche(can't think of his first name) designed the prototype for Hitler. He went on to start his own car company.

Yep. There are quite a lot of companies that worked with or supported Hitler. Plus, Hitler was the one that came up with Volkswagon, a car for all people. Porsche(can't think of his first name) designed the prototype for Hitler. He went on to start his own car company.

Is this the one Melanie..

Volkswagen. Ferdinand Porsche, the man behind Volkswagen and Porsche, met with Hitler in 1934, to discuss the creation of a "people's car." (That's the English translation of Volkswagen.)

Hitler told Porsche to make the car with a streamlined shape, "like a beetle." And that's the genesis of the Volkswagen Beetle... it wasn't just designed for the Nazis, Hitler NAMED it.