Forum update

sam_webmaster

BTW, what's the deal with "Reputation" in our profiles? :lol:

I'm curious about that too! :)

Love the updated forum! I see there's a status section as well. Life would be much simpler if I could find an app that updates Facebook / MySpace / Twitter / LedZep status' all at once! :P

Well, and I'm only guessing (I'm sure Sam will be posting soon), I see + and - buttons at the bottom of all the posts. I'm assuming the new function let's you rate people's posts. Possibly those post ratings go toward your profile "reputation".

I think it looks great Sam! There's a lot of new things to play around with! BTW, what's the deal with "Reputation" in our profiles? :lol:

If it's like the other forum I frequent, it's a device to allow you to show approval or disapproval for a particular post.

Positive approval increases your reputation points, negative approval reduces your rep points.

After a while it becomes kind of an approval rating.

It's a big goof on our other forums, lotta fun.

BTW, repped!

edit: kinks indeed! Won't let me rep you yet.

Oh my, us kiddies must learn some new stuff.

That's the first thing I noticed...Reputation...zero :blink::huh:

I thought ...well, at least I don't have a minus zero. :slapface::P

Could also lead to some revenge of the nerds.

Glad I wasn't stoned when I opened this new board,I'd be like....HUH?

Any way of blocking the troll..s yet?? ;)

YAY! You can read previous posts while you post!!!!! I missed that.

What the heck is a global quota? :blink:

Also....sorry..Have you noticed that if you keep your 'interests' and it is reallllly long it takes up a huge amount of space in the post box. Like a HUGE siggy.

Oh my, us kiddies must learn some new stuff.

That's the first thing I noticed...Reputation...zero :blink::huh:

I thought ...well, at least I don't have a minus zero. :slapface::P

Could also lead to some revenge of the nerds.

Glad I wasn't stoned when I opened this new board,I'd be like....HUH?

Any way of blocking the troll..s yet?? ;)

YAY! You can read previous posts while you post!!!!! I missed that.

What the heck is a global quota? :blink:

Also....sorry..Have you noticed that if you keep your 'interests' and it is reallllly long it takes up a huge amount of space in the post box. Like a HUGE siggy.

....are you sure you're not? (stoned, I mean...)

LOL

I am not digging it too much--is it just me or is the forum REALLY slow?

If it's like the other forum I frequent, it's a device to allow you to show approval or disapproval for a particular post.

Positive approval increases your reputation points, negative approval reduces your rep points.

Great, another gadget for receiving external feedback. Where is the button for to thine ownself be true? Perhaps it's the off switch.

Every forum I've belonged to that has had a similar system has had it badly abused. Friends ganging up on people they don't like or that disagree w/ them etc.

Ick, Ick and triple ICK!! All these doo dads take up the whole page!! This isn't what a an html editor is supposed to look like.

And topic postings...you can only see about 4 per page because of all the white space between displayed items. Also, I miss the updated topics since you last visited.

OMG, I just clicked a formattig button and now my typing area is reduced to two sentances. I'm sorry, I am proficient in web design, have taken classes in usability, assisted in managing my workplaces intranet and this...this....this...it terrible!!

Sorry Sam, nothing personal. I'm sure somewhere there is something good about it. I can't find it.

Ick, Ick and triple ICK!! All these doo dads take up the whole page!! This isn't what a an html editor is supposed to look like.

And topic postings...you can only see about 4 per page because of all the white space between displayed items. Also, I miss the updated topics since you last visited.

OMG, I just clicked a formattig button and now my typing area is reduced to two sentances. I'm sorry, I am proficient in web design, have taken classes in usability, assisted in managing my workplaces intranet and this...this....this...it terrible!!

Sorry Sam, nothing personal. I'm sure somewhere there is something good about it. I can't find it.

I'm replying to this post in the full editor, not the fast reply at the bottom of each page and it looks exactly the same as it did with the old software. All the formatting buttons [bold, italic, underline, adding a picture, adding a link, adding smilies] are horizontal across the top of the reply box (just like before).

When I look at the threads posted in the Ramble On forum, I see more than 4 topics. So I don't know why there's only 4 coming up for you, but it's not the software I don't think. I also don't see what button you pushed to reduce your text to only 2 lines. Maybe you can a screenshot or something? That way if it's something on your end, we can help fix it so that you have the same user experience everyone else does.

Every forum I've belonged to that has had a similar system has had it badly abused. Friends ganging up on people they don't like or that disagree w/ them etc.

This is a point of concern to me as well. There can be a lot of infighting in this crowd, and being able to zap someone is just one more outlet for the vindictive. In the words of Han Solo "I have a bad feeling about this".

But we'll see how it rolls I suppose.

Hopefully the drag will subside once the to be expected shakedown period has passed.

Overall I like the look and feel.

Love the reflection of the symbols at the bottom of the page, Sam. Nice touch! :beer:

Archived