Forum update

sam_webmaster

Never mind the gargantuan picture sigs, what about the ten-stanza poems...

I hope mine isn't too big, I've often considered downsizing it or scrapping it all together.

I'd say yours is not offensive :)

How bout the ones with BOTH?! :o

I love that the board is using more of the screen width and the borders are thinner. What I miss (so far) are the "top of page" button and the "new posts since you were last here (paraphrased)" choice at the top of the page. There is the "today's active topics" but there doesn't seem to be a "go to first unread post" choice there.

I'll get used to it... it does look lovely!

Thats the same thing for me, its just I want to remove one of the pictures/gifs, but it won't let me :( So for now, i'm stuck with a signatire that has that stupid "This photo has been removed" thing <_<

Boy!! You better be glad it wasn't a picture you wanted off the board like an old tattoo of an ex-girlfriend or some thing!!! Ha Ha Ha. :(:slapface:

Never mind the gargantuan picture sigs, what about the ten-stanza poems...

I hope mine isn't too big, I've often considered downsizing it or scrapping it all together.

No, I think yours is okay. I agree about the poems, though. I never understood why you need to say that much. I have a picture, and then 4 lines of text.

I don't like the LZ1 font which I find hard to read. I personally like the standard forum font better. The one that's in the post reply box is perfect but I can't remember how it was earlier so perhaps no difference there...

Where's the "mark topics read" button? It's essential when you want to avoid all the noob/bulge/omg he's so cute!!! threads and want to see what really is new posts on your next visit.

I don't like the LZ1 font which I find hard to read. I personally like the standard forum font better. The one that's in the post reply box is perfect but I can't remember how it was earlier so perhaps no difference there...

Where's the "mark topics read" button? It's essential when you want to avoid all the noob/bulge/omg he's so cute!!! threads and want to see what really is new posts on your next visit.

It's within the separate sections. In other words, go to say pre/post zep and you'll see it on the right side. It doesn't take you back to the main page as the other version did, but clears all the posts. If you want to mark the whole board as read, go to the main page and scroll all the way down to the bottom left. It's there.

It's within the separate sections. In other words, go to say pre/post zep and you'll see it on the right side. It doesn't take you back to the main page as the other version did, but clears all the posts. If you want to mark the whole board as read, go to the main page and scroll all the way down to the bottom left. It's there.

Thanks, I have no clue why I didn't see it. I guess that I just was looking at the right part of the screen where it used to be (and still are on the other two forum layouts).

I love how when you have Fast Reply enabled, you just click inside the box and you have all the formatting available to you, instead of before when you'd have to do a full reply if you didn't feel like typing out the codes. Also, I love how easy inserting links, pics and media into posts is now. Excellent, excellent job Sam.

How come no matter how many messages I delete, my messenger tells me I've got 100% of my quota? :huh:

I actually came on this thread to see if anybody had an answer to that. I'm glad it's not just me.

Also, all my messages were copied, so I had 2 copies of every message in my inbox, and now it says they're all deleted conversations :huh:

I actually came on this thread to see if anybody had an answer to that. I'm glad it's not just me.

Also, all my messages were copied, so I had 2 copies of every message in my inbox, and now it says they're all deleted conversations :huh:

Just noticed I have two of all my messages too, and they too are "deleted," although I can still read them. But despite deleting the copies, it still says I have 100% of my quota. I must be misunderstanding this or something. :unsure:

By deleting a fair number (not counting the duplicates), I'm now down to 93%. I seem to have had way more messages here than I did on the old version!

• Administrators

Doing some work on the server today. Some of the old PMs in the database may have been re-cached. Just delete & remove any duplicates you might have.

Also, the display of "View New Content" is fixed for the default template.

So it appears! Evidently the voices are being heard! :D

Yeah Steve, the modifications continue! I like this font better. A bit more classy than plain old Ariel.

Keep it coming Sam!! You're on a roll!!! :beer:

I just wanted to mention that I don't like it at all. Other modifications are quite good, but the font...I just find the new serifed one rather distracting, and a bit amateurish. Not as "reader-friendly" as the good old antigue, and lacking the neatness of Arial, too.

But that's, of course, just my opinion.

• Administrators

I just wanted to mention that I don't like it at all. Other modifications are quite good, but the font...I just find the new serifed one rather distracting, and a bit amateurish. Not as "reader-friendly" as the good old antigue, and lacking the neatness of Arial, too.

But that's, of course, just my opinion.

There's now 3 skins to choose from. (at the bottom left of the page)

1) LZ1 (default skin)

2) LZ2 (same as default, using verdana font)

3) IP.Board (alternate clean/blue version)

Also, for anyone still having problems viewing/using the board, make sure you are using a current browser. (i.e. NOT the AOL browser). Use Firefox 3.5, I.E. 7 or 8, Safari.

1) LZ1 (default skin)

Also, for anyone still having problems viewing/using the board, make sure you are using a current browser. (i.e. NOT the AOL browser). Use Firefox 3.5, I.E. 7 or 8, Safari.

Oh! I see. I couldn't find any such option in my profile so I thought that I couldn't change it. Verdana's fine. Thank you.:)

1) LZ1 (default skin)

Thanks for the new skin option, Sam! I like the Verdana font much better.

Question - with the new updates, when you get a private message and respond, then delete the conversation - does the person still get the message? A couple of times I've done that and then not heard back from people. Could be just not needing to respond which is fine but I wanted to make sure the deletion doesn't do something strange. Thanks!

Archived