The 'I've picked up my wristband and this is how the day went' thread

Its absolutely pissing it down here now......I'm going to go and check out the queue later - if its excessive, I'll be collecting tomorrow.

Just remember:

Upon us all, a little bit of rain must fall <_<

Seriously, I haven't said it yet since tickets were announced, but EVERYONE GOING HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME FOR ALL OF US WHO AREN'T!!! And we expect a full report upon your return :)

Its absolutely pissing it down here now......I'm going to go and check out the queue later - if its excessive, I'll be collecting tomorrow.

Come on Professor, it ain't that bad, and I'm only up the road from you!

I have to collect today anyway, but even if I have to queue, I'd rather be there where the action is than somewhere else. Jeez, I had to queue all night to get my Knebworth ticket, a few hours amongst like-minded folk won't be too bad.

Just leaving for the arena now. With brolly,coat,photo id,email comformations!!!! See you all there!!! Im getting a tad bit excited now!!! :lol: Im in block 408...way up the the rafters! any fellow 408`ers?

Off in an hour or so, I'm a block 401'r did any one in the ballot get lower tier tickets e.g. 1xx

Just seen the o2 on BBC TV the queue is huge some guy was interview near the front who had been waiting 5 hours!!!

Cheers

Warby

Arrived at 9:30, wristband fitted by 10:30, T-shirt and programme bought. Now at home.

Very easy and well organised in the main.

The queues were quite long when I left about 11:15 but at least they were inside out of the rain.

Even though the lines were inside, were there any fools in the rain? :D

Question for Dudes who went today -

Is the stuff for sale (t shirts etc) available to ticket holders only, or in a part open to the General Public too?

Go to the Ahmet Tribute website. There are souvenirs and the programme book and tee shirts, etc. that you can purchase online.

Arrived at 9:30, wristband fitted by 10:30, T-shirt and programme bought. Now at home.

Very easy and well organised in the main.

The queues were quite long when I left about 11:15 but at least they were inside out of the rain.

Good to hear this.

It will be interesting to see how all this goes.

The pros & cons of this method of ticketing.

Dear All - Two brothers from SE London veterans of Ally Pally, 5 nights at Earl's Court and Knebworth - we've got 'em!!! How can two old sods like us be as excited as my 6-year-old looking forward to Christmas?? It's been a long time...

Nice to hear some locals DID get selected!

enjoy!

Sunday, 9th December, joined the queue at about 10.10am and took until 11.55am to receive wristbands and tickets. The queues got a lot longer by the time we left.

The system is that the queues are divided by alphabetical order, e.g, queue for people with surnames A to D, etc. There were two queues for each group of surnames as far as I could tell.

Get this for mindless British organisation skills. There was one O2 person (ticket issuer) to check the details at the front of each queue and one O2 person to attach the wristbands. The tickets for each purchaser were in envelopes and the O2 issuer had to find the envelope, which added additional time on to the process.

The checking of identification was rather amateurish, but as previously described.

The O2 issuer requested:

1. Photo ID.

2. Ticketmaster purchase confirmation e-mail.

3. The credit card used to buy the tickets on Ticketmaster.

I was the guest of the person who bought the tickets and was also asked for photo ID (which was not made clear in advance), but as I didn't have any the O2 person accepted this okay. We both had to print our names on a form, which was also countersigned by the O2 issuer person. Then our wristbands were fitted.

There was ample space in the area to have doubled the number of O2 ticket issuers and wristband attachers, to significantly reduce the waiting time, but, No, that would be common sense.

One good thing was all the merchandise was available to buy:

1. T-shirts (4 or 5 styles) - all £20.

2. Mugs - £10.

3. Hard-backed programmes with free DVD of the USA Tribute show - £20.00.

4. Soft-back programmes - £15.00.

5. Poster lithographs, with the names of the artists appearing, which are nothing special (limited edition of 1000) - £60.00.

The t-shirts are Fruit of the Loom brand, but the standard quality (classic valueweight), not the super premium weight of the Stones tour shirts. Don't you just love skimping and charging the same for lower quality in tour merchandise...

The merchandise queues were not much faster then the ticket queues.

Indi.

You say this....

The checking of identification was rather amateurish, but as previously described.

The O2 issuer requested:

1. Photo ID was requested.

2. Ballot e-mail documentation.

3. Ticketmaster purchase confirmation e-mail.

4. The credit card used to buy the tickets on Ticketmaster.

but the email I got from ticketmaster said this...

•Each original purchaser must provide the actual credit card used for the purchase along with valid state-issued photo ID in order to receive the tickets and non-transferable wristbands. All wristbands will be fitted immediately. If your card has since expired, please bring the replacement card and the statement which shows the original transaction and card number.

nothing about friggin emails,

so do I need emails or not? did they look at the emails because you gave them to the people or because they asked for them

You say this....

but the email I got from ticketmaster said this...

nothing about friggin emails,

so do I need emails or not? did they look at the emails because you gave them to the people or because they asked for them

Storm, as I was the guest it was difficult to see, but I have asked my friend and will post confirmation as soon as I get it. Personally, I would take them as a precaution.

Indi.

Got to the O2 at seven am, Q'ed in the cold and rain outside for two hours before the arena staff allowed us in to Q for a further hour until ten when we got the tixs and wristband. Had to change wristband as they gave us the wrong colour five minutes later! We were the first in our Q (F) and were the second to get our tickets, Q A was quicker. Lots of Americans and Canadians in the Q, one Canadian guy with an acoustic guitar slept out all night and will do the same tonight! I cried getting my tickets, christ what am I gonna be like tomorrow night?

Archived