World Cup 2010

toscano

Up yours!!!!!!!!! Where are you from? Who do you cheer for?

Amazing isn't it?

Do you know there are a fair few people who hate America...then they go home and put on a pair of Levis, drink Coca Cola and listen to Elvis. :unsure:

Bloody foreigners.

Where were you when I needed someone to pick Slovakia ?

;)

Settle down now, Toscano. We all love you Italians really, especially after gracing us with all those beautiful Ducatis over the years.

I hear they're even more revered in Italy. You know why? Cos they really came in handy whenever your boys retreated from the Front Line :P

I hear they're even more revered in Italy. You know why? Cos they really came in handy whenever your boys retreated from the Front Line :P

Steady now. I stopped myself from any mentions of cowardice, white flags on white backgrounds and tanks with 1 forward gear and 27 in reverse.......and kept it to just pasta. :D

I'm really interested in Toscano's experiences where he says he's never 'met' an Englishman who doesn't rue the decision in the 1966 World Cup final. I'm wondering if he goes up to every Englishman he meets, gets his clipboard and pen and paper out and questions them on the 1966 World Cup.

Bizaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare! :o

WW2 is over.

With America helping out, England "won"

Then you rebuilt Germany.

Now you buy their cars.

Eat Italian food and go there for a wee bit o sunshine and a break from your miserable island.

Buy Japanese products made in China.

Congratulations !

:D

WW2 is over.

With America helping out, England "won"

Then you rebuilt Germany.

Now you buy their cars.

Eat Italian food and go there for a wee bit o sunshine and a break from your miserable island.

Buy Japanese products made in China.

Congratulations !

biggrin.gif

Hey, those Gringo's just got scored on again!! LOL. Fucking Me hee co!!! ohmy.gif Argentina will not collapse on defense to the young Germans. They will be a nightmare for Germany. Back to my pasta, English beer, and suchi snacks.

Yeah right. And smile indulgently when our women get harassed by oleaginous pervs.

With you on the food though, Tosscano. And I think it might have been Wayne Rooney's downfall. Here he is last summer, after two weeks on Lake Como:

Fat-rooney.jpg

Yeah right. And smile indulgently when our women get harassed by oleaginous pervs.

With you on the food though, Tosscano. And I think it might have been Wayne Rooney's downfall. Here he is last summer, after two weeks on Lake Como:

Fat-rooney.jpg

as the old saying goes, the problem with italian food is that 2 or 3 days later you're hungry again

I thought you would never post your pic Toscano!! How long ago was it taken?ohmy.gif

It was taken the day after last time you predicted one of these games right. So, ummm........wow I can't remember that far back

What toscano and most Germans tend to forget about 66 is that the second German goal right on 90 mins was also highly contensious, the freekick didnt look like it was deserved and there was a potential offiside(lineman raised flag and way overruled) and a handball.

When it comes to club football I always take the veiw that things average out in the end but thats over a season of 40 or so games where one match carrys no more importance than another. During a knockout event with a limated number of games every 4 years theres potential for some sides to come off alot worse than others.

We certainly didnt look like winning the WC but then again neither did the Italians vs Australia in 06 when they got helped out by a questionable pen. Sad fact is that dispite all the hype its only the truely dominant sides like Brazil in 1970 and 2002 that don't need a large slice of luck to win a WC.

I actually think if anything England don't put enough stock in the effect such incidents can have and direct too much criticism at the team. If theres one thing worse than what the prem has done to footballers is what its done to fans, they've become whiney bitches ever looking for a scapegoat. Some criticism is good but when its a constant witchunt decisioms are made based on public opinion rather than professional wisdom and players end up terrifed of being the "next southgate" in pen shootouts.

Hey Dan, you're a funny guy sometimes, but I'm not American so I really have no idea why you're directing Redskins and holocaust type comments at me. You need to find a different windmill.

Hi 'toscano'

My mistake, i thought Orange County and CA was a dead give away, just as well i don't prime the guidance systems for nuclear warheads anymore i suppose, as we wouldn't be having this conversation would we? :o:lol:

Put it down to an unusual and uncontrollable urge to have a go at an "American", for i have no other reason for my stupidity, i certainly have nothing personal against you me ole matey. ;) And yes, you can take that as an apology. :beer:

Retards, Danny

PS, Only "sometimes" ah? i must do better, my old teacher told me that in 1966, what a coincidence hey? :D

It was taken the day after last time you predicted one of these games right. So, ummm........wow I can't remember that far back

Hi again 'toscano'

Please take no notice of all this witty banter from the fans of defeated world cup teams, i can assure you it is all in jest, now if i can place an order for Italian Food with you please?

I'll have the entire menu, :o with a side order of Double Chips, :D well i am am Englishman you know? and we English have Chips with everything, and as I'm called BIGDAN by all who know me i thought a Double, or even a Large Order (whichever is the biggest :P) would be appropriate. ;)

Regards, Danny

To "Big"Dan:

OC is where I live, been living here 20 years, but still a Euro.

And yeah, sorry , "sometimes", but FWIW your posts ARE always worth reading. It's always a bit of an adventure, will it be "Morecambe" Dan or will it be "Wise" Dan......

To "Big"Dan:

OC is where I live, been living here 20 years, but still a Euro.

And yeah, sorry , "sometimes", but FWIW your posts ARE always worth reading. It's always a bit of an adventure, will it be "Morecambe" Dan or will it be "Wise" Dan......

Hi 'toscano'

I love a man with a sense of humour, even a sense of humor will do. :o:lol:

Its "Wise" Dan, as i have no love for "Cockles" if you get my meaning? A bit cryptic but i think you might get it, now wheres my Fries Mario? :o:lol:

Regards, Danny

PS, Great World Cup though, but i think that changing the ball has let everybody down, and anyone caught diving or cheating should be sent to the front line in Afghanistan to fight alongside real HERO'S, you hear me Private Last Class Ronaldo? :lol:

PSS, Good luck to the Germans, you did us without resorting to cheating or diving, and i never thought i would ever be able to say that. :beer:

Yeah my island is really 'miserable'. Such a horrible place to live. How can I stand all this misery.:rolleyes:

small_Isle_of_Wight_18th_June_2004_013.jpg

freshwater_cliffs.jpg

appley_beach2_wp.jpg

LuccombeChineW.jpg

Winkle-Street-July08.jpg

shank.600.jpg

sunset6.dc600.jpg

IMGP4796.jpg

And not forgetting my favourite pub here:

SpyglassLowerTerrace.jpg

'Miserable' island? Thanks for the laugh. :o

Pst went swimming in almost 30 degree temps on Saturday. Very warm and sunny here. No need to go anywhere else. :)

Archived