Jimmy Page Attended Two Gigs This Weekend...

SteveAJones

Well you really know how far down the line things have gone when this is deemed worthy of its own thread. ;)

Funny...but a bit sad in a way too.

laugh.gif

Yeah, the year is nearly half over and he hasn't been manifesting much music himself.

Not that I am privy to any insider info...but I haven't heard word one - not a whisper or an innuendo from anyone regarding Jimmy being in the studio, working with other musicians, booking dates at venues, etc. - except for his planned appearance in Beijing this October.

Oh well. As threads go, I suppose it's one step above "Jimmy Page loses all interest in music." :unsure:

I mentioned this in another thread awhile ago but will repeat it. A few months ago I emailed Ross Halfin to see what Jimmy might have in the works, seeing as they are friends/acquaintances. His response to me, which I saved, was that Jimmy 'was retired'. I think I'll have to believe him.

I mentioned this in another thread awhile ago but will repeat it. A few months ago I emailed Ross Halfin to see what Jimmy might have in the works, seeing as they are friends/acquaintances. His response to me, which I saved, was that Jimmy 'was retired'. I think I'll have to believe him.

Surprised to hear Ross replied to an inquiry of that nature, but certainly agree with his response. Seems to me Jimmy more or less retired from performing music following his back injury while touring with The Black Crowes

in August 2000.

That concert rescheduled for October in Beijing -- I'll believe it when I see it. Not holding my breath.

Surprised to hear Ross replied to an inquiry of that nature, but certainly agree with his response. Seems to me Jimmy more or less retired from performing music following his back injury while touring with The Black Crowes

in August 2000.

That concert rescheduled for October in Beijing -- I'll believe it when I see it. Not holding my breath.

Ah the joy of Chinese whispers ;)

I don't know anyone who has actually emailed Ross to ask this question but a couple of friends sent me copies of posts where Ross has stated that Jimmy is retired. I didn't save the exact quotes (or the discussion where they were written) but everyone we've showed them to has responded that Ross wasn't serious...we're not so sure, though.

As far as Jimmy's planned October appearance in Beijing, I personally doubt it will happen. However, I know a couple of people who still hold out hope that Jimmy will perform there. The promise of a performance by Jimmy is something that helps them get through their days and I don't have the heart to dash their hope with my skepticism.

Back in the 80's he would have joined Roy Harper on stage for a Jam.....

You know that's something that surprises me too. I remember in the 80's Rolling Stone showed a pic of Jimmy onstage in a club with the caption, "It would take surgery to remove this man from his guitar". For all the talk about him not recording and touring, I'm surprised at how often he passes up opportunities to just jump onstage and jam nowadays. And yet his recent interviews leave no doubt about his stated intention to record his new music and play it live. It seems odd.

in August 2000.

Steve, your inbox is full. R B)

I also remember seeing Ross reply to someone on his Facebook Wall that Jimmy was 'retired'. I took it to be tongue in cheek, as so many of his responses are - but not so sure now. BTW, as of yesterday, Ross removed his Facebook Wall from public viewing - don't know why.

Oooh look - an awards ceremony!

My linkhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10287558.stm

But - a new management company? And he doesn't sound like he thnks he's retired.

Interesting. smile.gif

Thanks for that link! It is very interesting. smile.gif

He's "just looking forward to making some new music and surprising people with it". Fantastic! We are also looking forward to some new music from him and will be (pleasantly) surprised when we hear it, lol.

And congrats to Jimmy for receiving Mojo's Hall of Fame award.

Archived