Led Zeppelin Reunion Show Too Heavy For Robert Plant

Virginia

That is the biggest crock of bull. I am no less a Zep fan because I support what Robert has done on his own. That I respect the fact he and John Paul aren't resting on their laurels. There is a healthy love and respect for Zep but they are interested in exploring other things. Why would anyone, famous or not want to stay in the past?

This whole thread is really depressing. No one knocks the fact Page isn't out there doing anything but promising an album. John Paul has a new band and on one knocks him but Robert is living his life and doing what he wants and oh my, people like it, that's a crime.

Hi 9,

Thanks for your support. :o

Bottom line is, I don't like his New Venture or his Venture with Alison, what do you find so hard to understand about that? I DONT like Country OR Western PERIOD. He can Do what He wants but I don't have to like it, do I?

Regards, Danny

You can like or not like whatever you want. There's a difference between saying you don't like that he's doing it and saying he shouldn't do it. As I said, those songs are as much his as they are Jimmy's. They're part of his canon as much as they part of Led Zeppelin's canon. Frankly, it would be strange to see Robert Plant live and not hear at least one Led Zeppelin song. It's part of who he is. That doesn't mean however, that because Led Zeppelin hasn't reformed or done anything else musically, he hates them or is trying to otherwise profit off them or whatever else has been thrown around in this thread so far.

Hi 'Electrophile'

I have re read my posts but i cannot find anywhere that i have said "shouldn't" if i have done then i apologise to you for that as i have no right to tell anybody what he or she can do, in any form.

Regards, Danny

Geez, what a Friday night. :slapface:

A lot of things here in this thread have been said and discussed over and over and... for how many times? Would this online discussion change anything? Well I guess hardly.

PS: Jimmy please! Throw the fans a bone!

OK Dan, you don't. :D

Billy,

Doesn't have to be a hotdog...There was a decent bakery on Flatbush back in the day...I did say, "or something".

Do you want to be a Shark or a Jet? Or should we just be warring factions in The Lords of Flatbush? Cannolis at 20 paces.

Ok, before I'm banned for instigating cyber spats... Who agrees with me that at least one member of Zep believes the overall performance at 02 wasn't all that great, and that's why we haven't seen the *professionally* filmed DVD of the gig?

Love,

Billy

No, that's not all. The reason you get so much stick isn't because you don't like Robert's solo work, it's because of your ludicrous "pure led zep fan" and "jimmy's songs" comments. That and your erratic use of caps and lower case. But it's all good. We get it, you love Jimmy. Your undying devotion to and passion for the man is admirable, really. A tad unsightly for a man your age, but all the same - live and let live, says I.

Love,

Billy

Billy Billy Billy, i can handle what ever the Forum throws my way, you're two bit efforts at Humour, Sarcasm, Wit, Intelligence, Knowledge and Insults leave me trailing in you wake, i am both Humbled and Astonished at you're attempts at Fiendship towards Me, and YES i do LOVE Jimmy, but not in a GAY WAY as you have and are suggesting, but in a Mature Way, regarding His Music not His Personality or Sexuality, when i jack off its usually to Choral Music. ;)

Regards, Danny

PS, mY EROTIC uSe oF tHe cAPs aNd lOwEr CasE kEys oN mY KeyBoArD aRe mY oWn BusinEss, nOthInG tO dO wItH aNy oNe eLsE. ;):lol:

Ok, before I'm banned for instigating cyber spats... Who agrees with me that at least one member of Zep believes the overall performance at 02 wasn't all that great, and that's why we haven't seen the *professionally* filmed DVD of the gig?

You're not worth banning, Billy. On the annoyance continuum, you're down at the 'mosquito' end, right next to 'rainy days'. The mods have far bigger fish to fry. Don't pride yourself.

I will not agree with you on principle, because you're a troll, but it is my opinion that the 02 show was nothing to write home about from a musical POV. As an occasion, however, it was momentous. And with the more rigorous rehearsals that would presumably be a prerequisite of a tour of some kind, the performances would doubtless improve. Besides, what does everyone expect? They're old guys now. Look at the Stones. I wouldn't cross the road to go see them these days, but they're still a major attraction to fans new and old. But as a potential attraction, 'Zep' are in a different league entirely, having been mothballed for the past 30 years. Even when they were active, they had a mystique and a cachet that no other band came close to. And that factor has remained undiminshed over the past decades. If anything, it's been strengthened. So to be honest, I don't think a few glitches would be an issue to 99% of fans. After all, we're used to them :D

You have nothing to apologise for Virginia.

Agreed, she has nothing to apologize for. FWIW, for me personally, the article did bring things into perspective

His ''financial empire'' won't just crumble and he knows that! You are just desperately trying to make up new ideas and arguments, to prove that Robert should go on a ''Zep'' tour and your arguments and statements are getting worse and worse, why don't you just admit, that you DEMAND a tour from Robert and that you want to control his life, so that you could make him do the reunion tour and that you think, he has no right to have a free will!!

Hi 'Matjaz1'

You have Hit the Nail Right on my Head, "ROBERT i Demand a Led Zeppelin Tour" do you think He will respond?

And i just happen to have enough time these days, to argue with people who just don't get it, but it's getting more and more pointless and i don't feel like doing this anymore!!

Then have a break, have a Kit Kat. :lol:

And why would people who besides Zep also love member's solo carrers and defend their choices, why would they love the solo music and it's creators with some sort of false love!!?? Loving solo member's music and respecting their choices is a perfectly honest thing and it's perfectly posibble to love Zep's music and love (all) solo projects aswell !!

I totally agree with you, its just that i don't have a RP agenda to fulfill like some do on here, no names but you all know who you are don't you?

And why wouldn't someone be a pure fan anymore, just because he loves the solo projects. And it's not childish love, it's true admiration and enjoyment of Robert's and others solo projects. And truly loving Zep, which has so much variety, can actually make you more open for Robert's and others solo projects and so it's just ridicioulus, that if you love the solo projects, you are no longer a true Zep fan and vice versa-if you love Zep you must be critical to the solo projects. It's all good music, but it's a matter of taste what you will like more. But loving Zep in a true way, does not automatically make you

more criticall to solo projects, it might be even the exact opposite and Zep fans who love solo work are still true zep fans!!!

To Love Led Zeppelins Music is one thing, but to Love "Someone" that you have never meet or have never Known is not only Childish but Dangerous, if you cant tell one from tother then me thinks a visit to the trickcycalist is needed. :o

There are even true Zep fans, who don't love all the Zep stuff, but love ALL the solo stuff and folks who dislikes some of Zep and some of solo stuff and fans who like all Zep and all solo stuff and so on and so on,...

True Zep fans that don't Love ALL the Zep Stuff, :o well that doesn't happen in my neck of the woods, what is there not to Love in any of their Music? As much as i am a True Zep Fan i am not a True RP Fan, i Love some of His Music, I like some of it too, but there is some that i do not like and some i even hate if that's not too strong a word, but i am a True Led Zeppelin Fanatic, of that Fact i am Certain.

And infact I'm shure, most solo fans don't like everything Robert or others ever recorded!!

It never even crossed my mind

And DAN your use of capital letters is extremely original! More original then anything Plant has ever done in his solo carrer!! I guess he should really go back to Zep!! But it's back to primary school for you!! And when you tell jokes in the class, check out, if anybody is actually laughing.

Thanks 'Matjaz1' that makes it all worth while, i will continue to Humour My Fans while at the same time Pissing My Enemies Off, as for the rest, i could care less if my jokes are funny or if anyone is laughing at them, i only care that I am laughing at them for when i am not laughing at then i will surely know something is amiss, i hope.:lol:

Regards, Danny

Excuse me, but Pepsi is better than Coke.

That is a fact. It is a fact because I say it is a fact.

Anyone who thinks differently than I do is obviously

• wrong
  • has no taste buds
  • is bitter about Coke's popularity over Pepsi in some places
  • some of the above
  • all of the above

The important thing to remember is that I am right and anyone who disagrees with me is, obviously, wrong.

*disclaimer- this is a general statement, not directed specifically at BillyMacQ, altho I quoted his post to make my point... and of course, because Pepsi IS better than Coke.*

Hi 'Lake of Shadows'

I Totally agree with you, Pepsi is so much better to Drink than Coke, but not as Good to Snort. :o:lol:

Regards, Danny

BillyMacQ and his co-stiflers of Free Speech don't have to read this stuff if they don't like it.

Since they clearly have nothing to contribute to the discussion apart from negativitiy, threats and sarcasm - quite rich in the case of one particular poster, who wasn't even born when Zep split - why don't they stick to the Kiddies' Section, and tell each other what they've been listening to? Like anyone gives a toss?

And hey: BillyMacQ, Billy, oh Billy MacQ, you're STILL a Sad-Sack :D And don't keep churning out your line about 'Oh, you don't understand ANYTHING about Zep' whenever somebody says something you disagree with. It's OLD HAT, it makes you sound thoroughly puerile, and hey Billy, a word to the wise: there really isn't THAT much to understand about Zep. They were a blues-rock band with folksy leanings, and an occasional tendency towards pomp and cod-mysticism. And they were very good at all of those things, and made lots of money. There you have it. So get over yourself. Dude.

Hi OR,

"Freeze a jolly good fellow" "Freeze a jolly good fellow" "Freeze a jolly good fell hell looooow"

"And so say all of Us" :o;):lol:

Regards, Danny

What a bunch of crap. He does six Zep songs out of 20 in his set, all of which are vastly different from the original versions. "Leans heavily." What is that, the new math?

And JPJ didn't form anything. Dave Grohl formed a band and invited JPJ to join. Them Crooked Vultures made a conscious decision not to do *any* of their former groups' songs. No Led Zep, no Nirvana, no Foo Fighters, no Queens of the Stone Age.

Totally invalid points. No wonder it leads to misguided perceptions.

Love,

Billy

I've been put in my place by Billy, I've finally arrived!

I'll be in the corner with my invalid points...

The amount of bickering and speculation thread is as amusing as it is pathetic. Seriously, you people are criticizing a sixty-something year old man. He's a great musician, yes, but still, a person and creatures as complex as people deserve better than an internet cross-examination.

Do you want to be a Shark or a Jet? Or should we just be warring factions in The Lords of Flatbush? Cannolis at 20 paces.

Love,

Billy

Now Billy, inviting you for a bit of a nosh to discuss our differences is hardly a showdown. And before you ask, yes, I am nowhere as boring in real life as I am on the internet. You ever clerk on the News trucks? I have an odd feeling you know what that is...

Anywho, I don't know what to think as to why a DVD is not out yet, but the theory you present could be a strong candidate.

See, Folks of this Great Led Zeppelin Community, even Jason agrees with "ME"

"I'm not going to hide it from them," Bonham, who filled his late father John "Bonzo" Bonham's spot and played with Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones at the 2007 Zep reunion concert at London's O2 arena, tells Billboard.com. "I will invite them to every show I can, because my goal and dream is, 'Wouldn't it be cool if I did something that they thought was cool and they would get up and play with me?' That's what I'm doing [this] for. I'd love it."

http://www.billboard.com/events/i-d-love-a-led-zeppelin-reunion-jason-bonham-1004109040.story?tag=hpfeed

Lap it up Fuzz Ball. :P

Regards, Danny

Dan,

I think you are missing the fact that Jason is not a member of Led Zeppelin. Close, but no cigar.

See, Folks of this Great Led Zeppelin Community, even Jason agrees with "ME"

"I'm not going to hide it from them," Bonham, who filled his late father John "Bonzo" Bonham's spot and played with Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones at the 2007 Zep reunion concert at London's O2 arena, tells Billboard.com. "I will invite them to every show I can, because my goal and dream is, 'Wouldn't it be cool if I did something that they thought was cool and they would get up and play with me?' That's what I'm doing [this] for. I'd love it."

http://www.billboard.com/events/i-d-love-a-led-zeppelin-reunion-jason-bonham-1004109040.story?tag=hpfeed

Lap it up Fuzz Ball. :P

Regards, Danny

Hey everyone!

I heard a song today on Deep Tracks on Sirius Satelite Radio channel 16 that I really liked. It was "Black Dog" by Pickin' on Zeppelin, an instrumental bluegrass group. It just goes to show that Zeppelin tunes sound great a la the bluegrass genre. I looked for it on Youtube, but could only find a few other Zeppelin tunes by them. I also like thieir version of Kashmir. Robert is not the only one re-working a few Zeppelin tunes in a different musical style. Give him a break and just enjoy his music. Peace to you all!

Their version of "D'yer Mak'er" sounds good, too!

Edited to say: I just discovered alot of bluegrass covers of alot of rock bands on Youtube! The bluegrass versions of Metallica's songs by Iron Horse are hilarious!

Those sounds pretty good, thanks for sharing, Doc. DM translates to another genre particularly well. Nice depth to the sound of Kashmir. I do actually like when the songs are reworked rather than being presented with almost identical versions (like what Page/Plant did with No Quarter, for instance, or what Jonesy did with some Zep tunes throughout his solo tours) but your point is clear. Off to check out bluegrass Iron Horse lol

Those sounds pretty good, thanks for sharing, Doc. DM translates to another genre particularly well. Nice depth to the sound of Kashmir. I do actually like when the songs are reworked rather than being presented with almost identical versions (like what Page/Plant did with No Quarter, for instance, or what Jonesy did with some Zep tunes throughout his solo tours) but your point is clear. Off to check out bluegrass Iron Horse lol

Hi Patrycja!

I love the Page/Plant No Quarter Unledded video and songs, and I think that I like that version of "Black Dog" (which is in the special features section) better than the original Led Zeppelin version. And "Black Dog" is one of my top five favorite Zeppelin tunes.

I saw that Iron Horse had some Ozzy Osborne songs covered, too. I am going to check it out, too. Very interesting!

Always fun hearing new music!

Edited to say: It just dawned on me that the bluegrass group was called "Pickin' on Zeppelin" and this thread should be titled "Pickin' on Robert".

Enough of the deny us a reunion tour crap ! That line is as old as the hills and get's thrown around here all too often. The simple fact is, some of people just don't like what RP is doing at the moment . Why in gods name is it a crime to say so ?

Ally! I missed this post entirely. Great question. Better question is...Why is it when someone says they do not like Robert's new work it automatically sets in a rage of defense from some people as to Roberts rights? I never once said he didn't have the right to do his own (Zeppelin) music. Yet questioned on that specific point...WTF is that all about? Help me out here Ally, you seem like an intelligent person...If I tell you I love Led Zeppelin's music, and I am a big fan of Robert's, but I do not care for his new music, or his reworking of Zeppelin stuff does that mean I am bashing him, or giving an opinion? Does it mean I said he has no right to play the music? I know these are stupid questions, and we both know the answers, but for Christ sakes people, get a grip! Not everyone is here to bash Robert! Some of us just have different tastes. It really is that simple.

Whoa !!

What a great bunch of posts today in this thread. It reminds me of how it used to be. Back and forth bickering and points made pro and con with zest and snappy bravado !!

I see some post's that seem to want this to end or not be so 'harsh' on Robert or his recent musical choice, but then where would that leave this thread ? In the BORING gullies along with so many of the other googlingly, adorant, lashly lushnessness of heaped praise by hypnotic fans bowing and kissing at the feet of their idols !!

Controversy is so intersting and exciting !

Good work y'all !

Archived