What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Getting ready for the 34 year anniversary of the Live Aid reunion.  Just watched the set again. The four of them (Plant, Page, Jones, Thompson) were not bad - even with a horrible sound mix. Every time they showed Collins (which was waaay too often) he didn’t know what the fuck he was playing/doing. Bad move. 

Anyway, still enjoy the pure energy and effort by the lads.

I still dont get the BS Phil gets.  After reading this I watched it again (for the 218th time) and as a musician (Im a drummer) I believe he gets shit where its not warranted.  I understand this is beating bones for most but lets be honest the best thing was JPJ.  Robert cracked and missed cues. .JP was JP. . Thompson was the main set and is the only one really in the mix (and blew WLL). .Sure PC is mic'd but I barely hear it. .Im not a big PC fan as a singer dummer whatever I just think he gets a bad rap. .Dead. .Horse. .Beaten

Edited by Bozoso73

Never gets old...part five. The most underrated/overlooked night of the six Forum shows...and one of the best. It's almost spooky how they played "That's All Right, Mama" on what turned out to be the same day as Elvis Presley's last concert. Like they knew...

Edited by Strider

8 hours ago, Bozoso73 said:

I still dont get the BS Phil gets.  After reading this I watched it again (for the 218th time) and as a musician (Im a drummer) I believe he gets shit where its not warranted.  I understand this is beating bones for most but lets be honest the best thing was JPJ.  Robert cracked and missed cues. .JP was JP. . Thompson was the main set and is the only one really in the mix (and blew WLL). .Sure PC is mic'd but I barely hear it. .Im not a big PC fan as a singer dummer whatever I just think he gets a bad rap. .Dead. .Horse. .Beaten

You’ve got your opinion, I’ve got mine. Don’t share yours if you feel it’s been talked about too much already. Fact is every time they went to Collins, he was watching Thompson, biting his fingernails, and/or missing the cue pretty much every time. There’s a thread to debate all of this, but it’s dead to you so I don’t suspect I’ll see you over there.

Listening to...

June 27, 1977 - LA Forum 

6/27/1969 Playhouse Theatre BBC session  50 years ago

First bootleg I ever bought.  I think it was 1981.  I was looking through the "import" section of the record store and I saw this album that had a black cover with just the four symbols on it in white.  I asked if I could listen to it and the guy said sure.  I dropped the needle and then my jaw dropped.  I think it cost me $8.

My first bootleg was a cassette I recorded off the radio (remember those days ?) when an FM station played the 1971 BBC session.

Edited by John M

22 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

One bad Mama Jamma right here. I just noticed while listening Jones plays part of 10 Ribs and All (Carrot Pod Pod) during his piano interlude. Of course Page...one of his best solos hands down.

Which night was it he used the strat, this one? 

5 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Which night was it he used the strat, this one? 

Yep, the 18th & the 23rd, (strat used) both night's are my all time favorite NQ solos from Page. Either makes TSRTS soundtrack version sound almost mediocre. This is Jimmy at his best IMO.

2 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Yep, the 18th & the 23rd, (strat used) both night's are my all time favorite NQ solos from Page. Either makes TSRTS soundtrack version sound almost mediocre. This is Jimmy at his best IMO.

I’ll have to check out the 23rd. Which boot would you recommend? 

17 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Ya stumped me there as I do not have either show on boot, I just YouTube em. However there are several people on this site who can surely hook you up.

21 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

A lot of people like the Jelly Roll release, but I prefer the version from the EVSD Final Option box set (less processed, better-sounding, especially the acoustic set).

Edited by ed141

Tuscon June 28, 1972. Last show of the U.S. tour and a very underrated one, coming, as it does, after the hallowed Seattle and Southern California dates.

The 1972 tour would be the last time America saw a whole, unsullied Led Zeppelin...where each member was still operating at peak power and efficiency. From 1968-1972 Led Zeppelin was a well-oiled machine. Every U.S. tour after...1973, 1975, 1977...one or more members were hampered by physical or chemical/alcohol problems and rust from two-year layoffs.

Edited by Strider

7/6/73 Chicago  . . . 46 years to the day. . 1st night of the 2nd part of the 73 tour. . Rusty but in form. . They were the biggest band in the world (as they are today). . Not the greatest show but the best nonetheless:):)

16 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

50 years ago.. today... crack a Schlitz..spark a spliff.. and enjoy...

Dave Brubeck

James Brown

Herbie Hancock

B.B. King

Buddy Rich

Johnny Winter

Led Zeppelin

[âIMG]

I wonder if Bonzo & Rich talked with each other?

On 7/6/2019 at 4:03 PM, Badgeholder Still said:

50 years ago.. today... crack a Schlitz..spark a spliff.. and enjoy...

Dave Brubeck

James Brown

Herbie Hancock

B.B. King

Buddy Rich

Johnny Winter

Led Zeppelin

[âIMG]

What an amazing lineup! Every one a legend. I think I read this was the last year of the Newport Jazz Festival due to all the crowd-control problems they had that year.