What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

Was just listening to Texas Pop Festival yesterday! "Nice to be back in Texas" Robert says. Only 2 weeks earlier in Toronto he said "Texas is still as you've read about it" and related how they were called out for their hair length. Good thing there was no TMZ then! Those comments may have come back to bite them; perhaps booed off the Texas stage!

Today it's Paris 10/10/69, the earliest available recording of the new setlist. First cracks at that GTBT intro, Heartbreaker and Moby Dick. For the first time, I think, the set includes a stretch where the audience's patience is tested a bit (a topic that gets discussed more for later years). WS/BMS followed by You Shook Me then the drum solo. That's a long stretch of soloing over an extended segment of the show. A harbinger of things to come. Can't go wrong with any show from this era, though. Fantastic!

Edited by Zep Hed

On 4/17/2020 at 8:12 AM, ZepHead315 said:

Been listening to this one a lot lately...it's diverted me from the 1975 shows. But I love 1971 so I cannot resist the lure. September 14 has always been a sentimental favourite but the only negative was the incompleteness of the tape. This merge of the two nights solves that problem. Except we are still missing "Thank You". I guarantee it was played one of those nights at Berkeley. Shame neither of the tapers recorded it.

Another great upload and early Christmas present from ZepHead315.

September 14, 1971 - Berkeley 

This show just kicks ass! Heartbreaker, Jones is just slayin! This is from the cassette tape I bought from ZOSO magazine beck in the 80’s.  Still sounds great! 🎸🤘🏼

1 hour ago, Walter said:

September 14, 1971 - Berkeley 

This show just kicks ass! Heartbreaker, Jones is just slayin! This is from the cassette tape I bought from ZOSO magazine beck in the 80’s.  Still sounds great! 🎸🤘🏼

Great call, Walter! Just listened to this one the other day. First vinyl boot I acquired. GTC 2LP with the William Stout cover. Don't know if there's a better audience recording than this one.

April 28, 1977 - Cleveland -- The first great show of '77.  Really nice to have it more complete with the emergence of the second source, especially NQ.  Great versions of Achilles and SIBLY at this show as well.